What are some reasons you guys have why the MX3 never became

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Andrew_Pakula wrote:I think in many ways the MX-3 was sort of ahead of its time, it's a shame we never ended up getting a Second-Generation model.... maybe one day....
The looks of the car was ahead of its time, however, the power was behind its time

The more I thought about it, the more I change my mind
The 1.8L V6, should of had alot more power, it should of been a REAL V6
Its true Insurance would of costed more for a V6 but so what. If your worried about Insurance, go for the 4cyl model.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:
Andrew_Pakula wrote:I think in many ways the MX-3 was sort of ahead of its time, it's a shame we never ended up getting a Second-Generation model.... maybe one day....
The looks of the car was ahead of its time, however, the power was behind its time

The more I thought about it, the more I change my mind
The 1.8L V6, should of had alot more power, it should of been a REAL V6
Its true Insurance would of costed more for a V6 but so what. If your worried about Insurance, go for the 4cyl model.
i fully agree
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Reaver19

Post by Reaver19 »

jschrauwen wrote:One because it appeared that more women were interested in the cars...
Damn right, women are always staring at my car ;)
Seriously though, I really really like my car. True this is my first car, but I worked for it, earned it on my own, mommy and daddy didn't help me with getting it in any way, including insurance. I had enough money to get a 1999-2002 Chevy Cavalier, or a Pontiac Sunfire but I was like, no f---ing way everyone else are driving those. I like my car so much partly because it's probably the only one in my entire county. The car handles like a dream :) I'm sort of glad that the Mx-3 turned out the way it did. I think Gro said earlier he didn't liek the lights but everything else is nicee, and I'd have to agree. I certainly don't hate the lights but I don't really like them that much either, everything else on the car is wicked :D
93' MX-3 - V6 (complete!) KLDE Engine, KL02 VAF, custom fog lights :)
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Always did like this Mazda Co. artist's pre-production concept dwg of the MX-3. Other dwgs here.
http://mx-3.com/history/ Actual lines of the production MX-3 match up pretty well considering it was originally built in 1991 - nearly 15 years ago. :shock: Manufacturing processes weren't so capable of producing this type of body design back then. Would be much easier today imho.

Image -Jim
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

The MX3 is a chick magnet though
You guys wont believe how many chicks in my school have went up to me asking me what my car is then ending up telling me that they like my car
Now that is ridiculous because my car is 12 years old
Sure, its no WRX, 2nd Gen Eclipse, 3rd Gen Eclipse or 99 Mustang. Sure, my car is slow a-- hell for a V6.
But so what, atleast its a good looking very unique car and defiantley has the potential to be the biggest sleeper on the street or track
I would rather have a sleeper MX3 then to have a sleeper Ford Focus, Civic, CRX or Dodge Neon.
Seriously, how many people can you ask what a MX3 is and end up getting the correct answere?
The MX3 for sure, is one of the best looking cars made by Mazda.

All I got to say is, I cant wait to drop in a KLDE + turbo and maybe in the future put some rims and MazdaSpeed Bodykit. Now that would be killer
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

neutral wrote:Always did like this Mazda Co. artist's pre-production concept dwg of the MX-3. Other dwgs here.
http://mx-3.com/history/ Actual lines of the production MX-3 match up pretty well considering it was originally built in 1991 - nearly 15 years ago. :shock: Manufacturing processes weren't so capable of producing this type of body design back then. Would be much easier today imho.

i think i see projectors in that pic hahaah
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Reaver19

Post by Reaver19 »

I was really close to getting a 93-95'ish Civic Ex, till I saw an mx-3 for the first time ;) The thing about the mx-3 is that it handles so nice you can keep that and just drop in a nice motor and the car is all around wicked. I don't know anything about suspension systems or anything of that sort, so I don't know how complex upgrading or changing another car's handling to be like ours, but I do know that swapping in a KLDE or KLZE isn't too hard. With a decent engine, you've got the handling, the looks and the power, not to mention rarity, or so I believe :D
93' MX-3 - V6 (complete!) KLDE Engine, KL02 VAF, custom fog lights :)
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

If they put the 2.5 DE or ZE in the mx-3 the automotive world would be a different place today, I still don't understand why mazda didn't - cost wise it would have been pretty much they same, maybe even cheaper = mass produce the 2.5's instead of having all the variants... :shrug:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”