Dead ZE - Need advice on what to do. - COMPRESSION RESULTS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

Got CEL codes back.

Have two:
1) Random misfire
2) P1402 (?) Was undocumented for the code reader. Looked around on google and seems to be EGR vacuum related.

So... I surmise the random misfire problem is coming from the spark plug cables I had installed last week. Anyone care to offer other possibilities?
Note: They installed the 1.8L wires which are passing over the IM. Is it possible that the heat from the IM is causing problems? Think it's either that or they may simply be defective from the factory.

Anyone have a clue for how to get rid of the P1402?
'96 MX-3, KLZE, ZE Curve Neck Intake, KL68 TB, K8 ECU, CAI, KL-02 VAF.
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

OK, so after more research P1402 = EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit.

This an easy fix to get rid of or do I have to live with it because I have no EGR with the ZE?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Overclock wrote:OK, so after more research P1402 = EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit. This an easy fix to get rid of or do I have to live with it because I have no EGR with the ZE?
Since no EGR but without pics it's hard to determine if you have the 2 egr solenoids which may at this point sit open or un-connected. Plugging the applicable lines for these may help P1402. Just follow vaccum layout pics from on-line manual. I believe the FPR solenoid is also integrated into this circuit. carefully go by the K8 vaccum diagram and trace every vaccum line to ensure it's correct. You'll be able to distinguish what's part of the EGR package and where it starts and stops, per say. As far as plug wires installed. Don't know you would have someone install K8 wires on a ZE. If it is at all possible and since you're encountering problems I suggest that you go back to whoever put those on and say you have those codes and to remove them because they are the wring ones. Tell them to install Probe or MX6 plug wires. They're routed between IM and front valve cover and rear bank travel along passenger side of IM. Many pics in here to confirm this. Perhaps in this way it will also clear up what may be a bum wire or pooched wire install.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

Everything is hooked up according to the vacuum diagram however the EGR vent hose is blocked at the end. Could that cause the CEL?
EGR control valve is plugged, EGR vacuum solenoid is plugged, EGR vent solenoid is plugged.
WTF

Shafted

Post by WTF »

Dude you are getting ripped so bad, just because you dont know shyit about cars.

The same deal is happening to a friend of mine, paid for a B20 swap at some shop and now everytime the car breaksdown cause he does not have an idea of what was done to it he is a slave to that shop.

THats why I did the swap on mine from internals to axles, clutch and by that I dont get screwed AGAIn cause there is always a first time.

My opnion, buy a beater car, a Haynes or CHilton, knowledge yourself on the KL-ZE and do the repairs yourself.
How can I remove Mazda Enthusiast?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”