Interesting Pictures You Guys Might Like...

Off-Topic Discussions
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Hey Fry...is there any power or water running in any of the buildings? and is everything all just unlocked?? Very odd.
But call it now...start a new town and you can be the mayor, that lives in the biggest house there....I call police cheif!!!
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Asbestos puts a bit of a downer on it. Have a look at this:
http://www.asbestosdiseases.org.au/asbe ... gedies.htm
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Why was there no vandalism... Not in the pis anyway. If there were a place like that around here every vagrant and druggie would be there. WIERD!!!!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Before I try to confirm my original suspicions tomorrow, I might make a stab at tainted water supply system, or worse that underground piping for water or sewage has created a path for certain gasses (don't recall specfic names) that are extremely toxic and are but impossible to eliminate. The gasses will enter through the basements and reside their also. I almost came close to building a home on a lot that had a similar situation but obvoiusly not as bad and where the current homeowners there are in a vicious battle in courts with the builder and developer.
Fry, is there no periferral chain link fencing around anywhere, or posted signs on or near those areas. Still haven't mentioned which towns it's near, or what towns are north, south, east and west of this area. Is it on the way to Angus or Minesing or the Springwater Power Plant?

*edit* Second look at pics confirms that all homes are duplexes.
More pics FRY, if you please.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

ok on the biz mail thing you can get the town name from old mail or letters laying around.

and theres gotta be a way in just follow some back roads
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Looking at the pics yes the grass is not very long but as John mentioned if the water supply was poisoned in someform it could affect the rate the grass would grow. Also the houses and building look to me as if they had a more old style to them which could mean that these were built around WW2 or vietnam kinda hard to say cuz I am not very old. If you can find out if there are any cars there that would be helpfull. are there trash bins anywhere to be found. Also can you see if you can find a hint of any kind of office builind there and what they could have been. So far we have a bowling alley, swimming pool, and a movie theater. Try to find some mail or a dead body something that can help put pieces together. The most important question is are there any animals around there?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

*edit* Second look at pics confirms that all homes are duplexes.
More pics FRY, if you please.
:shock:

Who'd do that!!!!!!! Its not like there is a shortage of space or the land is too expensive.... And I can't see any garages or carports - where did they keep their mx3s? Is there a graveyard? If not, why not!! No letterboxes, no rubbish bins, no fences, no stop signs, but are they all fire hydrants I can see everywhere?..... Why?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

hey, yes rick i was keeping an eye out for those things, and yes the grass isnt very high at all in some spots its about mid way up my shins, but others its about level with the top of my shoe. i never even thought about it the other times. as for the paint...it is a bit duller than it looks in the pics, but still nothing what would be expected of an abandoned area. oh and greg, its about 10-20 km away from barrie, which is the closest city.
anyways ill post the pics up tonight afterwork...
Fry.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

there is stop signs, i just didnt take any pictures of them. also, yes there was running water and electricty in all the buildings...observe this picture...its the basement of a warehouse...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/ ... town19.bmp

and some of the houses to have garages...none of them have doors though, they are just over hangs really. this is a side pic of one of the garages
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/ ... town18.bmp

more pics after work...
fry.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fry_81 wrote:hey, yes rick i was keeping an eye out for those things, and yes the grass isnt very high at all in some spots its about mid way up my shins, but others its about level with the top of my shoe. i never even thought about it the other times. as for the paint...it is a bit duller than it looks in the pics, but still nothing what would be expected of an abandoned area. oh and greg, its about 10-20 km away from barrie, which is the closest city. anyways ill post the pics up tonight afterwork...
Fry.
Fry, you're not making this easy on us. "10-20km away" ?????, away where - NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST .... this is like pulling teeth. The duplexes, when you go up to them next time tell me which direction the living room faces - the street or the backyard? If this facility is passively monitored you're chances of returning may be curbed. That paperwork that you mentioned dated 1993 wrt asbestos, take it and some others and bring that home with you. If unable to scan then keep available for us to ask questions.

*EDIT* Fry, when did you take those pictures, I'm guessing last spring hence no leaves on trees, short grass etc, why wait til now to pose this query?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My question is, even if it was abestos, a murder, whatever, why is there a community in the middle of nowhere with no roads in or out?

We gotta have a meet up there ASAP! I really want to check this place out! I'm freaked out and excited at the same time...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I think FRY is having fun with us :D

I seem to recall seeing lights behind one door in a pic :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/ ... dtown2.bmp

Might be the sun though.
(if not, lets move there and call it Tunerville) :D

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Oh, Oh, Oh, ....... I'm getting really close now. Few more sources to confirm. Fry, you'd make a poor cop or a detective for that matter :roll: . Sleuthing is not your bag :roll: . Didn't pick up on a number of key things. I'll confirm later.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You know, that would make one hell of a place to make a scary movie or even a haunted house, er, haunted neighborhood!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Id like to see larger pics myself. I wish that kinda thing was around here.

Have you went to the terraserver or google maps and looked for an sat view?

Return to “Off-Topic”