new ast full adjusable suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SIXPACK

Re: new ast full adjusable suspension

Post by SIXPACK »

thats just a standard picture. I guess some of their kits for other cars are approved. But MX-3 are not. trust me I had them on order until the dealer told me this. also Nope got a mail from AST telling him that they dont sell them at the moment because they are/were changing the design.
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Ok a little update for you guys..

I sent them a mail yesterday and they responded very quickly..

They are still working on the AST set for the MX but only so that it can be Tüv approved "guess they have to make a lot of tests so they can prove theyre not dangerous in any way to keep the Tüv people happy"

But they will put it on their webpage when theyre ready and with Tüv :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

cool, i hope they arent just talking. i want a set
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

How are those compared to the MazdaSpeed adjustables?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Theese are real coilovers, mazdaspeed is just adjustable struts with the knob somewhere in the bottom of the shock..

On theese theres a knop in the top of the strut inside the enginecompartment/trunk, and you have 12 clicks of adjustment
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

any benefits in getting those instead of getting a GC Coilover/MS Strut combo?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Lordco sells tokico struts w/adj coilovers for our cars for just over $1000 for all four. (that's cdn by the way) $1400 usd is pretty steep for a custom home made jobby with no real testing. Just my opinion.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

full coilovers are valved for the spring rate it comes with, thats what makes it better. just because mazdaspeeds are some bling bling jdm struts doesnt make its valving capable of controling gc's high spring rates. mazdaspeed springs were not all that stiff and i think the springs on the gc coilovers would be underdampened. if i ever got a gc setup id get koni's properly valved for the spring rates i choose. imo tokico illuminas were also made for conventional springs, which as i stated above, have a much lower spring rate than coilovers. for 1400 id get custom valved konis. the tokico hp's on the other hand are as good as oe replacements.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm trying to go from a performance standpoint (would LOVE to get into AutoX next year) with a ~1.5" drop, i read the MS Adj + GC Coilovers where an ideal combo, but i've heard good things about Koni's as well...i don't know when, but the goal is to get a suspension upgrade before the Ottawa Mazda Meet, and i've budgeted about C$2000. Now this is a few months away, so i'm trying to do as much research as possible, but there seems that there isn't one easy answer.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Nd4SpdSe Well theese will be the best choice as far as i know of because theyre real coilovers with both hight AND damperadjustment..

If you can go without adjustable hardness theres quite a few other real coiloversets for the MX in europe prizes from 5-800Euro

And theyre still better than dropzones/groundcontrol or what all thoose DIY coiloverkits is called :D

<small>[ December 13, 2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Dennis Jørgensen ]</small>
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

So they are available?
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Since you dont require Tüv they should be for you
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

hey do you guys know that racing mazda sells coilovers for our cars....
racing mazda coilovers
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

caveman wrote:hey do you guys know that racing mazda sells coilovers for our cars....
racing mazda coilovers
Just emailed racing mazda and was told they have been discontinued.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

Post by matt-gerrard »

I think I would like a pair also :wink:
I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”