A Tx Meet in May?

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
SirCruizer

Re: A Tx Meet in May?

Post by SirCruizer »

I think you can pretty much count me in. I need more info... Someone needs to like put all the peices together so everyone can plan. I got that the meet is going to be the 9th that is due because of a show going on at the 9th and 10th? Are we meeting on the 10th too? What time are we going to meet? Are there some hotels that are close by? What is the admission to get into the show thing? Are we set on Wal-Mart (This sounds like the best place)... I am going to be in OKC so it will be a way to get down there. I need to know if I should head out on the 8th or if I can save a night at the hotel and head out early morning on the 9th..... Basiclly I know its still a month away, but can we get things set it stone? I know I can make it down there, cause I got this awesome job. Well if you want to call it that... LOL I set my own hours, I get great pay, and I dont work many hours at all. It allows me to do alot of cool stuff when I want. :)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The meet will be on the 10TH ONLY (or at least that is all that I am planning on attending). The 10th will be better because it will be on a Saturday (more people will be able to go on a weekend rather than on a Firday). I would like to be able to meet at the Wal-Mart around 1:30-2:00pm. I have arrived at this time for those who will be driving quite a ways and might need the extra time to arrive in town (so they do not have to leave their house at 4:00am to get there). I will try to meet in an OPEN part of the parking lot, so it will be easy for people to see where to meet. Is there any problem with meeting at this time? I need to call them and actually VERIFY the hours that the track will be open that day, but the event info states the hours are from 12:00am -12:00am, so I guess that means they will be open all day and night. I will find out for sure and will post the info here.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Yes, 1:30-2:00pm will be just about PERFECT. I called them a few minutes ago and they said that the gates open at 3:00pm. This will give us some time to check out eachothers cars and talk a while before the caravan rolls out to the track. I also confirmed that there WILL be a car show and Stereo competitions in addition to the racing. They have not gotten the exact price sheet yet, but they said that it should be pretty close to the previous years prices (should be about $15 for spectator and about $40 to race). I really would like to get some people from other states (perhaps Oklahoma) to be able to show up as well. Not sure about that one though.
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

That sounds perfect. The last big event before my school starts. I go back on the 12th, so this will be great. Thanks for setting stuff in stone. This way I can plan. If you hold it at 1:30, then I can leave out at 7:30/8am and get there in time with leway to get some lunch and also other stuff. I will see about setting up a convoy to go down there. Bring some MX-3s and maybe a few other imports. I havent had real success on holding a meet up here, so not sure about getting a convoy going down there. I will get ahold of other Oklahoma MX'rs and see what I can set up. Hope to see you all there.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

That would be great. I think some people did that last year...ran a convoy from OK or Houston. I want to see more cars this year. It was nice last year to be able to sit down and eat, but damnit, there was just not enough room in that Chili's for everyone to sit together. They took a long time too. I figure the Wal-Mart parking lot will be better (a lot larger). The only drawback will be the heat....perhaps we will get lucky like last year (overcast, but never rained).
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Maybe someone close by can scout out some food joints. That way they could find a place that could have ample seating. I am fine with Wal-mart, but I figured I would bring up that suggestion. Also the scout could maybe find a alternate place in case it gets in the 100s with no clouds, or it starts to rain. Ill keep in touch and let everyone know how many from OKC will be coming. Might end up bringing a couple importers down there that arent MXers... So we may have a pretty good convoy.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Yeah....I really don't mind at all if there are other imports there besides MX-3's. In fact, I am assembling a meeting of 1st Generation (86-89) Integras at the same place...same time, so we should have a nice convoy going from Wal-Mart to the track. Should be cool! I am not really THAT close to the Wal-Mart or I would scout it out myself. That is about a 80 mile drive for me, but I was thinking about maybe making the trip to make sure that the lot is big enough and easy to find.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

ok, so it is official....my car looks like s--- now. I took off my stripes and started the body work. It is getting straight now, but now it has dull straight areas rather than shiny dented areas. It should look good by the meet though. Hope to have all the dents taken out by tomorrow or Saturday. Then I will be able to start wet-sanding to kill the shine so the primer will stick.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well only 8 days til the meet...who all is coming? count me in.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Unless I am missing something, it is 15 days away. It will be on August 10th!!!!!!<BR>Don't show up on the wrong day! I am getting excited. It will be nice to see everyones cars again and see what changes they have made. I am still wet-sanding, but hope to be finished with the sanding within a week and should start spraying by next weekend.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well im planning on being there but i dunno cause i work on saturday 8am- 4pm. but if everyones is going to still be there then ill plan on going out there. let me know and if theres some stragglers that cant come down till later like around 4 you can give me a call and i can meet up with you and go to the races. let me know something as too how long yall people plan to stay there???
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I am not sure how long we will be in the parking lot of the Wal-mart. I am sure that others will be late as well. I do not want to sit in the hot car for like 3 hours though. I will probably show up at around 2:00 or 2:30. I am hoping that EVERYONE will try very hard to show up at that time, so we can all go together. Anyways, I cannot wait till then. It should be fun.
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

damn id go but i need a new engine in my mx...gonna get a ze but i need to find someone to put it in for me...anyone from south tx done the swap????<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

yea i'm sorry. i'm on vacation right now so i was a week ahead of myself.<BR>but yea, i'll be there on the right day!<P>-Marc
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I will try to make it too. I live in arlington so its only like a 30 min drive to where the metting is at.. Well 30 min the way i drive..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “MX-3 Meets”