New Body Kit

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
voltaire

Re: New Body Kit

Post by voltaire »

Alright, if you all end up removing your stock stuff, I get dibs on the first white GS bumper/airdam that's in good shape!<P>I do like the look of the photoshopped front end, but I like the stock GS look too much to mess with it. Besides, it would take me no time at all to crack the fiberglass airdam. The only way I would change anything is if it were urethane.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I kinda like this idea better... just my opinion... oh and don't make fun of my Photoshop skills cause I don't have Photoshop... all I have is Microsoft Paint.<P> Image<p>[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Crofty59

Post by Crofty59 »

Hey guys i saw another post where onderground id going to produce this...well i can say that if you compare our companies probe kits you will see the vast difference in craftsmanship. Their sf kit does not fit properly where as our probe kit took an hour in most cases to put on with a direct fit. Just remember who ever gets the kit done first this is a new era for the aftermarket of our cars. Oh and I just bought my wife an MX3 to work on. Yea thats right she works on her own cars. She is the s--t...<p>[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Makin the rest look bad
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Hey Oscar,<P>Im glad to see that you are offering to orginize the purchase. <P>I think they company should give u the orginal mold. :D :D
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

Crofty, the only thing is, this company has already confirmed that they can and will make the bumpers. If you guys can you havent said it yet. Personally id like ordering more from a american compnay like you guys so shipping isnt a prob. However if theres comes out first, Ill find a way to fit it on, unless you guys are definatly making one. My car gets repainted within the next month or so ( hopefully ) id like to see a kit from you guys on there..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

the only american company I know of that makes MX-3 bodykits anymore is Erebuni. And they are known for crappy quality and knockoff bodykits.<BR>Id go with an original style and pay a lil more than buy junk just to save shipping. But thats MO.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

istn corksport located in california? and dont they make a MS style front nose and skirts? coulda sworn they were american based...
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

well. They as well are knock offs. And they are far from perfect. I have 1. It had a few flaws ( major) when I got it. There was a wave in the fiberglass on the sid. SOme of the gelcoat was basically covering "holes" in the fiberglass. and the edging along the headlights were cut awkward.
pelado

Post by pelado »

I'd kinda like to see a widebody kit.<P>Someone mentioned a hood with an inverted scoop, I'm not sure exactly what that means but I do like the hoods with the ducts to vent the radiator air out just in front of the engine.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Post by Guest »

You dont necessarely need a wide body "kit", you could just go to a custom auto shop and have them make one for you. Thats what most people I know of do.
juicy j

Post by juicy j »

That kit looks bad a--! I can't promise I would buy it b/c I just had to get a new tranny, engine and tranny mounts, new cv joints, and a rear tire. But, I would try very hard. I love the more aerodynamic look, but the combat bumper is bad too. By the way, does anyone know what website to go to to find the Tec-III, E6K, or MOTEC computer chip? And maybe some eyebrows? Any help would be appreciated greatly.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Wow, Looks like Barry has sumbled onto something. Looks awesome but I dunno if I'd want it. Everyone will think you molded the Protege5 bumper on, and that would be kewl......but from the looks of it, everyone will have it. I'd still like the origional look to my car. Maybe I'll just have to fabricate my own bumper. :(<BR>Oh well, I'll still have my own kewl car. :p
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

hey dude i think it'll be badass, there will probably be like 10 people that get it, so it'll be pretty original, the only people that have to worry about that is in toronto, but they all have varied styles of cars so it wont matter, plus its not like every other person doest have the ms or fx bumper anyways. But ya i cant wait for this too get goin!!

Return to “Appearance”