A dark day in Eunos800 (Xedos 9) land. Not 200HP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

Re: A dark day in Eunos800 (Xedos 9) land. Not 200HP

Post by Cage »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by IanL:
<p>Hmmm, thrown out, then you quote it FOUR times.lol<p>[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: IanL ]<hr></blockquote><p>Can you cut and paste,where I said the Eunos 800 was a MS8 ?? I never said that the eunos 800 was an Ms8. I simply provided a link to Mazda for the J-spec MS8.The Eunos 800 (xedos 9)is not an MS8. I could be wrong!!! can anyone clear this up? I am sorry if I came across disrespectful it was not my intention :) Again, I didn't make post this topic to piss anyone off or disrespect anyones car. I just wanted a paper trail to show dyno reports that would confirm or deny the 200hp statement that everybody makes.<p>Peace
Cage
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cage:
<p> I just wanted a paper trail to show dyno reports that would confirm or deny the 200hp statement that everybody makes.<p>Peace
Cage
<hr></blockquote><p>you wont find one.
with the internet you cant belive everything that is out there.<p>I had the same problem your having when I was looking for my engine.<p>I put my engine in the car and took it to a dyno to make sure it was the right one.<p>
I have a mitchell manual and a chilton manual
one lists the 626 2.5 as 160 in calafornia and 164 in the rest of the us, and the probe as 165 everywhere, the other one lists the 626 as 160 and the probe as 164 both for all of the u.s.<p>
These manuals get there info from mazda, it says copy right mazda corp. at the bottom of the page, but all the numbers are different.<p>also you could dyno 2 1997 mazda millenias and 1 would put down 165 engine H.P. and the other might put down 175 engine H.P., there is a certin ammount of difference that creeps into the engines durring building.<p>a few years ago ford stated that the mustang cobra made 325 H.P. but many owners were getting beat at the track by stock GTS with only 260 H.P.<p>after dynoing a bunch of cars it was revealed that they were only making like 280-290 H.P. then ford did a recall to fix all the cobras.<p>again you wont find what you are looking for, at least not enough to satisfiy you, there is no MAZDA CORP DYNO RESULTS OF THE EUNOS 800/EXIDOS 9
and all the variations of engines from aroung the world.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Cage

Post by Cage »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by curtklze:
<p>you wont find one.
with the internet you cant belive everything that is out there.<p>I had the same problem your having when I was looking for my engine.<p>I put my engine in the car and took it to a dyno to make sure it was the right one.<p>
I have a mitchell manual and a chilton manual
one lists the 626 2.5 as 160 in calafornia and 164 in the rest of the us, and the probe as 165 everywhere, the other one lists the 626 as 160 and the probe as 164 both for all of the u.s.<p>
These manuals get there info from mazda, it says copy right mazda corp. at the bottom of the page, but all the numbers are different.<p>also you could dyno 2 1997 mazda millenias and 1 would put down 165 engine H.P. and the other might put down 175 engine H.P., there is a certin ammount of difference that creeps into the engines durring building.<p>a few years ago ford stated that the mustang cobra made 325 H.P. but many owners were getting beat at the track by stock GTS with only 260 H.P.<p>after dynoing a bunch of cars it was revealed that they were only making like 280-290 H.P. then ford did a recall to fix all the cobras.<p>again you wont find what you are looking for, at least not enough to satisfiy you, there is no MAZDA CORP DYNO RESULTS OF THE EUNOS 800/EXIDOS 9
and all the variations of engines from aroung the world.
<hr></blockquote><p>I am satisfied with what has been posted. I wasn't looking for dynos from Mazda. I was looking for dynos from members of the Mx-3 board. (Hence what you provided) We could then compair them. As for taking the word of everyone that it is 200hp. there is a story we are all a custom to:
Born in Genoa, Italy in 1451, Christopher Columbus loved the sea and became a sailor at the age of fifteen. Growing up he had heard stories of Marco Polo and the Far East. Even though the rest of the world believed the world was flat, Columbus thought the world was round. <p>you know the one....<p>My point here is that yes people do have Eunos 800 KL-ZE engines that produce at the track and dyno 190hp to 200Hp. But, are there some people out there who have Eunos 800 Engines that run 164 to 170 HP ? Yes!!! I do think that! I beleve the world is square at this point, to how it relates to our situation anyway. ;)
Thank you for posting your dyno it was very helpful.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Anyways here is my picture: (ps dont forget to resize)<p>Image
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
pelado

Post by pelado »

Do I believe there are unscrupulous people that would sell Australian engines as JDM engines? You bet I do!<p>My only advice on all of this is that if you want the engine touted as a 200ps KLZE is to buy only from an engine importer that will pull the valve cover and verify the cams are stamped KL31. Cams aren't stamped KL01 or KL31 for nothing, it's to identify a different cam profile. I'm not buying this white dot stuff, I believe that's an inspection mark only.<p>And..if you get a curved neck KL engine with KL31 cams, then by all the evidence presented here you probably have the 10:1 pistons as well. I still would like to see a curved neck KLZE disassembled.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

The point I was trying to make earlier was that the Xedos 9 is an E-Spec Eunos 800, sure it may have a KLZ engine, but it has probably been tuned differently for tougher emmission standards, none of the engines you guys are importing are likely to be E-Spec, so the power figures are irrelevant, same goes for Australian cars too!
If your buying a J-Spec engine - use the J-Spec figures, apples with apples Cage!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cage:

The Eunos 800 (xedos 9)is not an MS8. I could be wrong!!! can anyone clear this up?
<hr></blockquote><p>I don't say you're wrong, but hark back to the first two of my links - here they are again:
http://syuninracing.k-server.org/pripri/huzii.html<p>http://members.tripod.co.jp/millenia25s/millenia.htm <p>Now here we have two proud Japanese Mazda owners, with 200ps KLZEs (unless they've been fooled). One calls his car a Eunos 800, the other a Millenia 25. I can't see much difference, other than maybe a few styling tweaks which could be explained by different model years. So I'm led to think that Mazda dropped the Eunos 800 name for the home market at some stage, in favour of the Millenia name, which they'd previously only used for export. But I could be wrong. :)<p>[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: IanL ]</p>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the KL-ZE with 200hp is the j-spec engine and not the european engine. I understand they may have called the european a ZE but I think there is a slight difference in the two.
Cage

Post by Cage »

WELL,,, WE WILL KNOW THE FULL TRUTH SOON. I Just bought an eunos 800 KLZE from STREETIMPORTS. I am also buying the KL-ZE ECU as well. This engine will be torn down and re-sealed with copper. I intend on testing for the true compression ratio. I will dyno this engine in the early spring when temp is around 50- 60 F. Got a Fair deal on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2403439901<p>The pics look clean. However I am not sure if this unit has a Maf or a Vaf. I haven't called Streetimports yet to find out if they have a KL31 or KL62 Ecu for this Engine. If they don't have an ecu (they did last time I called) I have another source for the KL62 Ecu. The truth is at hand. I will be posting tear down pics very soon. I really hope this engine is 190HP to 200HP If not I guess I can boost it if it's 9.2:1. On a KLD version you can boost up to 6psi with out a rebuild right? <p>PEACE
Cage
pelado

Post by pelado »

Externally, the only difference I can see from that engine and the Millenia engine in my garage is the EGR block-off plate on the back of the intake, the lack of a EGR tube on the rear exhaust manifold, and the lack of pre-cats on the exhaust with their multiple O2 sensors.<p>That's why I say beware of these engines. It would be pretty easy to pass off a US Millenia engine as a "ZE" ...and even easier to pass off an Australian engine as one.<p>While this auction was in progress, I sent a request to StreetImports asking what the cams were stamped. The request was not answered.<p>[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: pelado ]</p>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”