Swap Help???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

Re: Swap Help???

Post by zevirii »

hmmm... I know you said you didn't have to switch it... Thats why I am asking you why Lazzyie thinks I need to.. Just looking for answers... And I have spent hours reading on this project..
pelado

Post by pelado »

I can't speak for Lazzyie.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Taras

Post by Taras »

Regarding comment re: ECU's. Depends on the ECU you are using you will also need corresponding VAF (Intake air sensor. Can't just swap ECU for ECU, it will run but calibration and A/F mixture will be incorrect. <P>Also, can not use ZE distributor, it got external coil, use mx-3 distributor, it is the same as mx-6.<P>Water temp sensors on the pass side of engine, you probably got two. Ze has one. If you use mx-3 ecu or reprogrammed mx-3 ecu you need to drill and tap a second sensor. Good luck. :)
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Well finially got it running again... We were tring to figure out the timing when the VRIS Solenoid where the vacume hose goes on broke... That sucked.. I think it might be because we bumped it sometime during install.. We are going to try and jb weld it on.<P>I read somewhere that inorder to fix the surging idle problem(500rpm to 1500rpm) that you need to jump the grd and ten on the diag box and then start the car and turn the screw on the TB. Is this really how its fixed? We can't adjust timing until it idles smooth right?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Took it for a 15 mile drive today.. Everything works good...<P>Got the running rich problem solved.. It was just a timing thing.<P>The jumping idle everyone says it is a vacume leak.. We check and double checked all the vacume ports ands no leaks... Maybe it just needs the KLZE ECU? I don't have the EGR stuff on this engine...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”