San Antonio, Texas anyone?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx-3 dude

Re: San Antonio, Texas anyone?

Post by mx-3 dude »

hey..ill go. i live in grand prairie...(between dallas and ft.worth.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmaMitches:<BR><B> Hey I also Got a guy to make us some stickers saying The 1st annual Lone Star Mx-3 meet , just a way to remember this trip, besides Pictures and stuff. Just a thought</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
mx-3 dude
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

Yeah Mitches, i'll be at the Carmike's no later than 8:30. How are those stickers comin'? <P>I'm gonna print off a few of those flyers and see if I can't get a few more to show up. <P>No guarantees but I have a digital camcorder I may be able to borrow. I will do my best to get it.<P><BR>Jordan<P>
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

Right on MX-3 Dude. The more the merrier.<BR>
mymx3bumps

Post by mymx3bumps »

I'll try to make it Ineed some good directions though cause I am from baton Rouge,LA and Ihave nothing to do that weekend as of now so I will try and makeit sounds like fun.<P>Later<BR>Justin
Justin<BR>92 GS
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

This is getting bigger all the time! This will be an event to remember. If we get a good turnout, then we will HAVE to do this each year. Justin, the address for the meeting place (Chili's) is 998 W. US Hwy 287 Bypass, Wx. Tx. Their phone # is 972-937-4005. Go to <A HREF="http://maps.expedia.com" TARGET=_blank>http://maps.expedia.com</A> to get some very detailed driving directions. Just enter in the starting and ending addresses and it will do the rest. You can also print them out (highly recommended to keep them in your car for the trip).

Post by Guest »

<p>[This message has been edited by SmaMitches (edited August 30, 2001).]
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

You are thinking of the Texas Motor Speedyway (a Nascar type of track)! The Drag Wars is at the Texas MOTORPLEX (drag strip)! There is a HUGE difference. The Texas Motorplex is in Ennis right off of 287 (southeast of Dallas). You would probably want to take I-35 East (it branches off into East [through Dallas] and West [through Fort Worth] forks). Here are some directions taken straight from Expedia Maps (from Ardmore to the Texas Motorplex). <P>Start: Depart Ardmore, Oklahoma on SR-199 [N Washington St] (South)<BR>1: Turn RIGHT (West) onto SR-199 [W Main St] <BR>2: Bear LEFT (West) onto SR-199 [W Broadway St]<BR>3: Continue (West) on SR-199 [W Broadway Blvd] <BR>4: Turn LEFT (South) onto US-77 [S Commerce St] <BR>5: Turn RIGHT (West) onto US-70 <BR>6: At I-35 Exit 29, turn LEFT (South) onto I-35 <BR>Entering Texas <BR>7: Continue (South) on I-35E [Stemmons Fwy E] <BR>8: At I-35 E US-287 Exit, turn LEFT (South-East) onto US-287 [US-287 Byp] <BR>9: Continue (South-East) on US-287 Byp [W US-287 Byp] <BR>10: At US-287 US-287 Bypass Exit, bear RIGHT (South) onto US-287 [US-287 Byp] <BR>11: Turn LEFT (North) into the Texas Motorplex parking area.
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Hey Frogchick (I've got to find out how you got that name), I completely forgot to ask if the tickets for the dragwars are going to be available at the gate. If not post on how or where to get the tickets. Thanks, Robert

Post by Guest »

<p>[This message has been edited by SmaMitches (edited August 30, 2001).]
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The tickets should be available at the gate. I think that you can order by phone too. Call their Ticket Line Number: 1(800)MOTORPLEX...(800) 668-6775. I know how FrogChick got her name because I gave it to her, but I will let her tell you why....haha. <BR>
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I need to know if anyone wants to put their car in the pits at the Drag Wars (where the Car Show is). I think that it would be better to have all the cars together in the pits, rather than in the parking lot, but I need to get some feedback on how other feel about this. You can also bring items in your car...drinks, chairs, etc. I know that my wife's (FrogChick) car is not really modified enough to be a "Show Car", but you do not have to show it. You can just pay the showing fee (cheaper than the racing fee) and will be able to park in the pit area. I need to know how many would like to try to get into the pits or if it does not matter either way. Just so you know, you car will be covered with dirt when you leave the parking lot because you have to drive on gravel and park on grass. The pits are concrete, therefore you will not have that problem. I will go with the majority vote. It would be nice to be parked in the pits, but I can save the money also.
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

Hey xcess. In the town we live in the mascot is a bullfrog. When I had the graphics put on my, there was a cute frog sticker on the window and I just decided to put it on the car. I am thinking about changing my screen name, however I don't know how to do that without losing my member status. What do you thing? Think I should change.
mymx3bumps

Post by mymx3bumps »

ok talked with my friends and looks like we are planning on comming in for the show. I am not sure if my car will be done yet as I am getting it repaired and repainted some stupid b---- backed into me and dented up my fender anyway.. I'll be checking here for more info on it. Looks like were meeting at chilis as of now.<P>Later<BR>Justin
Justin<BR>92 GS
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Frogchick- The screen name isn't that bad. I just couldn't figure out for the life of me why someone would take that name. But now that I know the story it makes sense. And tell your hubby to quit giving you such a hard time! Image Image Image Thanks Ranman for the info on the tickets. I'm still undecided about parking in the pitts. My car is far from show quality. It's a daily driver with 217K miles on it. Needs paint and body work, but still gets me around. I guess I'll just wait to see what everyone else is going to do. C-ya soon, Robert
Zoom24

Post by Zoom24 »

Zoom24 AKA Frogchick<P>Sorry guys, I had to change my user name. I changed profiles and it would not let me login with the same name and password. I tried to register again with the same name and it stated that it was being used. Go figure.<P>Thanks MXcess!!<P>My car is not even near show quality. I still need to get some body work done on it. I was hoping to have it done and the car painted by the meet, however that is not going to happen in time. <P>I still think that we may park in the pits anyway so that we can carry in chairs and an ice chest.<BR>

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”