novadoc

Re: hey whats the top speed of a mx3

Post by novadoc »

i wanna know what the top speed of a mx-3 with a klze is
NoVa<p>Image
cobey

Post by cobey »

Well i am from Canada so my speed will be in KM (just so that americans don't freak, hehehe) I have a 2.5 v6 DOHC i have gotten my MX3 to 240 on the highway, no lie, i am serious, i backed it off then, as it started going a little squirrly. How many miles is that?
1994 MX3 GS, full FxDesigns body kit with series III scoop, and the ram air hood (both pin on, i switch once a month). 2.5 litre J-spec V6, K&N custom air intake, NGK wiring, Jetspeed speed chip, neuspeed CPU, H&R springs, 19" Chrome rims, with yokoma rubber. Under Kit comming soon (hopefully) and possibilty of a competition quality stereo.
http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=34&t=000006
Dismay

Post by Dismay »

I didn't know these cars were such dogs :( <p>
I am used to going 100mph on a daily bases. :o <p>
Welp, I get it this Friday, we'll see what it can do. :D
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

it wasnt bad at all the 1.5 hours. it was winter time when i went so im guessing it was at least like 20-35F outside. my engine temps dropped even and i made it there with the most gas left compared to all the other trips i made.<p>like i said lazzie if you have stock gearing, stock tire and wheel combo you cannot have hit 140 unless your can get up to 8000rpm in 5th. unless your limiter is removed mine is at 7600rpm and its a fact that it is off
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steeb:

like i said lazzie if you have stock gearing, stock tire and wheel combo you cannot have hit 140 unless your can get up to 8000rpm in 5th.
<hr></blockquote><p>lazzyie has a KLZE, not a 4 cyl.
mathematicly the V6 cars can hit 140MPH in 5th gear at 7000 RPM's, if they have the power to push through the wind. The 4 cyl and V6 have diff trans and diff tire sizes.<p>My car has a KLZE as well and I had my rev limiter set at 7000, I have gone as fast as 110 MPH and the car was still pulling strong, but I ran out of space and my brake pulsate bad at that speed so I dont drive that fast. when I get new brakes, I will try for 140 MPH.(shouldnt be a prob)<p>so if someone has a KLZE with no revlimiter and is willing to take it to 8000 rpms they should be going 160MPH on stock V6 trans and stock tires.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm
mx3 rs top speed km/h--> at170/mt180
mx3 gs top speed km/h--> at181/mt199
im sure those numbers are probably at redline so we have about 500-750rpms before we start going waawaawaa at the top. its disappointing that its only 135mph max speed. look again, i have a gs too thats why i know with stock gearing and stock wheel size its not going to go over 135mph. having a faster motor will not get you a higher mph because of the rev limiter.<p>use this
http://www.embassyworld.com/data/Miles_Kilometer_Converter.html
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

see if this works for you(it does on my car)<p>in 5th gear check your speed at 3000 RPMs you should be going 60 MPH <p>at 4000/80MPH, at 5000 100MPH ect...<p>see if it works on you car, as it does on mine.<p>this would mean that at 7000RPM you would be going 140MPH and at 8000/160MPH<p>pleas post if it works.
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

curtklze & lazzie have your revlimiters been moved higher?
yes, it does work, good point i never payed attention to it until you mentioned it. the highest ive reved was when i mishifted on a short freeway onramp and it was going wawawa at a needles thickness past 7500rpms no more than 7600rpms according to the stock guage cluster. i guess if it could go all the way to 8 grand it would be 140mph. anybody else know where their rev limiters are at?
nova the tops peed of a klze is the same as the k8. top speed is dependant on gear ratios rev limiter and wheel and tire combination and in some cases power if gearing hasnt topped out the motor.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> i guess if it could go all the way to 8 grand it would be 140mph. anybody else know where their rev limiters are at?
[/QB]<hr></blockquote><p>Actually 8 X 2 = 16, so you would be going 160MPH
My rev limiter is set at 7000-7200(from corksport)
Yes, I AM a bastard

Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

I got numbers of the gear ratios one the last download artical of a 92 GS in Car&Driver Aug. 91 which states that in fifth gear your mPh in creas 19.8mph for every 1000 rpm so at at 7700rpm you are going 152.46 (19.8X7.7) I used 7700 in this ecuation cause thats what my rev limiter is set at but if you could get a 8000 red line then you would be going 158.4MPH on stoke tiers and gears.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Someone was asking for conversions of km/h to mph, heres a great site to help you with that:
www.convert-me.com
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

My RS reached about 114mph so saying your RS does 134mph under normal driving conditions is bs and my GS hit like 132mph. I wanna get rid of my rev limiter and change my gear ratios when I get my KLZE. 150mph sounds sweet man.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

My stock GS hit 129MPH on a flat freeway (I94 between Milwaukee and Madison WI)with two people in the car. At 129 it just stayed there and didn't seem to want to go faster. Then I came up on traffic and had to slow down. It was real smooth though. But it started having that scary floaty feeling, That might have just been in my head, I dont know. (that was shortly after I got it about 50000 miles ago.)
theo

Post by theo »

I always top out my 95' Rs 1.6L DOHC at 106 MPH. When it hits this speed it is only at about 4,600 RPM, still a bit to go. I guess it has a limiter on it.<p>theoyork7@cswebmail.com :shrug:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”