Is this for real? Please read

Off-Topic Discussions
992mmx3

Re: Is this for real? Please read

Post by 992mmx3 »

Hey AZMTBKR81, I thought it was funny that you mentioned the Godfather, cause those are freakin Husseins favorite movies.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Thats pretty funny, I think Bush could make good use of some lines from the Godfather, that way maybe Saddam would get the picture:<p>
(original quote)
"No Carlo, you're out of the Family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Vegas . I want you to stay there. Understand? Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence, and makes me very angry".
Michael Corleone<p>(W's quote)
No Saddam, you're out of the dictator business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Madagascar. I want you to stay there. Understand? Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence, and makes me very angry".
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

haha, thats funny,I can think of some others but dont remember the exact quotes so I won't even try cause i'll probably end up butchering them.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

(government + money)x(power)= KORUPTION<p>we are ants on a farm
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Wow i thought this thread died since I last posted in it...Just for everyone's information, I do not intend to sit back and watch the war happen, I'm going to take part in it. Once i get all of my fines payed off(haha dang cops), Im joining the services and doing whatever they need me to.
For those of you who argue that america should clean up home first(homeless, unemployment)..WE TRY!!! I do not know any numbers but there are hundreds if not thousands of homeless shelters that provide housing and food for the homeless..also, for those who have never heard of the un-employment program, we give millions of dollars out each year to those who cant get a job, or refuse to get a job..Sure, its temporary, but people cant be given EVERYTHING, they need to put forth some effort themselves....Also, to add to what someone said earlier, by helping countries abroad we are helpin home too. We are protecting valuable resources that we need to survive.....think about it..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

do you want to be a ant that is tested on with chemical weapons or killed? or do oyu want to be able to build your own little ant house the way you want, without somone terrorising you.<p>Saddam with nuclear weapons is like a 14yr old boy with a grudge on soem kid who picked on him in school. He doesnt make rational decisions, nor should he be allowed to rule a country..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

mx3man83 im right there with you. joined in december and leave for basic this august. my unit should be leaving real soon so hopefully they are over there when i get back so i can actually participate in it. and yes i do believe that saddam should be ousted for his crimes against humanity. who cares about the oil but i do believe that if anything iraq should give the united states and any other countries that help participate in his demise of dictatorship oil to make up for the money we spent on getting him out. thats my point of view and opinion on it. <p>also what branch you joining???<p>i joined the army. transportation.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
maldo

Post by maldo »

So it appears that my comments opened up a whole can of worms. Great to see so many anti-Canada comments on this board.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>And as far as you saying you're not surprised at more attacks against us? What are you saying, we deserved 9/11??? <hr></blockquote><p>Never said that the US deserved what it got that day. I knew people involved in 9/11, some made it and some didn't. You must realize that when you go around the world getting involved in other countries business, people do get a little ticked off. You want homeland examples, Bush and his soft wood tariffs against Canada and his tariffs against Canada on steel (most recent). This has done nothing but put a lot of people on the verge of losing their jobs/business. I wouldn't love you for it. Eventually someone will do something in retaliation. It just would have been nice if it could have been in the form of tariffs/sanctions/embargoes instead of so many deaths. That is what I meant, if you still want to blame me, go right ahead.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>This question is for everyone to think about. How many of you really do Charity work? Help out someone in need?
Probably less than 10% of you. <hr></blockquote><p>15% of my monthly salary goes to charities while I volunteer my time with the SaskTel Pioneers raising money for the less fortunate.<p>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> This is true...but the same president is also willing to lower emission standards for bussiness so it will be cheaper for companies to build plants. Same president that out tarfits on steel from outside the US to stimulate the economy, while steel workers are getting 80k a year and dont produce such quality steel that is made outside the us. the SAME president that would elminate taxes of dividents, so the rich will get MORE money. i mean there are sooo many ways too look at it, and ive become more informed because of my economics class. did you know that they are gonna raise tution in FL like 8%, thats friggin insane! <hr></blockquote><p>You must of missed Bush's new idea, increasing tax exemptions on SUV purchases. What a great way to stimulate the economy while giving a much needed boost to global warming. ;) Glad to see someone else is upset over the steel tariffs. You think 8% is a hike!?! My tuition has increased 17% each year for the past 4 years!<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> One of my good friend's parents are teachers at an American school in Lebanon and on almost a daily basis, there are Lebanese people who come up to them out of the blue and apologize for Sept. 11 and for Sadam and Iraq. They feel that Al Quaida and Sadam are giving arabs and muslims a bad name and are a great embarassment. <hr></blockquote>
Al Quaida and Sadam have given just about any dark skinned foreigner a bad name. A Canadian carrying dual citizenship with one of these foreign countries traveling thru the US is deported without contacting the proper Canadian authorities. My biggest problem with this pending war is that so many innocent people are being generalized into the guilty parties responsible for terrorism and there is a high possibility of them getting hurt or worse.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>the only thinking I'm doing is I'm wondering if Canada and Germany are intimitated by the oil factor as well.
<hr></blockquote><p>I have my doubts that we aren't giving a definitive answer for fear of increases in oil prices. The pending war itself boosts oil prices, ours jumped $0.10 this morning alone. I think the biggest factor is going against the UN/NATO, doing so could have a long lasting impact. What these countries are being asked to do is back out of a long lasting agreement and violate a set of rules put forth by the developed nations of the world. Its a lot to ask.<p>I only replied to a few posts, some did not deserve replies. It is good to see some people are able to see more than just their side of the story. There is more than just the US involved. The_Great_Tonge , your comments surprised me, your understanding of world events seemed much unlike some of your previous comments on this list. You have definitely been bumped up a few notches in my eyes. Ryan, what can I say? Your a dip****. :shrug: <p>When all is said and done, Saddam will get exactly what he deserves.<p>[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: maldo ]</p>
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Once i pay off my tickets im going to either join the coast guard, army, or air force. I know people think the coast guard doesnt do anything but they are vital to keeping people out of america that dont belong. If they send me to Iraq, so be it..if they put me on the coast of the US to keep terrorists out, so be it...I've already got 15 college credits so when i hit 30 im headed for OCS so i can actually start to make some decisions, not just following..and with the ant comment...if getting weapons tested on this little ant helps prevent them from being tested on the whole ant hill, then fine..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

(to all saying there gonna enlist in the us military) <p>Join the Air Force, it has the shortest basic, most gov. funding ( = most pay/beniffits) lowest death rate highest girl/guy ratio and is the most layed back. (i've heard it called the chair force it's so easy)
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>You must realize that when you go around the world getting involved in other countries business, people do get a little ticked off. You want homeland examples, Bush and his soft wood tariffs against Canada and his tariffs against Canada on steel (most recent). <hr></blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, these wood tariffs were in response to the Canadian government subsidizing wood producers and therefor artificially lowering prices therefor hurting US wood producers. These kinds of tariffs/taxes are an everyday part of world trade, they come and go all the time and are a civilized method of economic warfare. What is not a civilized method, in fact a completely unacceptable method is murder of innocent civilians. Orgainizations like Al Quida, Saddam's regime, and North Korea resort to violence and weapons of mass destruction because they don't have the resources and/or economic and political stability and strength to compete on this level. When things like this happen it is a total breakdown of a civilized manner of living that has evelved over thousands of years. We must make in known to all our enemies that this kind of "diplomacy" will not be tolerated. A response to this might be "well if you didn't make so many enemies that wouldn't be a problem" As long as the US is the superpower that it is and has the strongest economy in the world we will have enemies. Some hate us for real reasons such as supporting Israel and some hate us simply out of jealousy. Sure, we could back off on being the "world policeman"-we did exacly that after WWI, vowed not to involve ourself in world, particularly European politics and wars. Look what hapened, two huge, aggressive and evil empires bent on world domination sprung up on opposite sides of the globe and after Pearl Harbor we were drug into a long and horrible war. It is hard to strike a balance between isolationism and overstepping our boundaries, and of course we have our faults and have made plenty of mistakes but I think at the end of the day the US has done more good than bad. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>the SAME president that would elminate taxes of dividents, so the rich will get MORE money. i mean there are sooo many ways too look at it, and ive become more informed because of my economics class. <hr></blockquote><p>Did you know that more than half of all federal taxes are paid by the top 5% of earners? How about that the top 1% of earners pay one third of all taxes? This has been a trend since the 1980s to shift the tax burden to the top income groups. The way dividens are taxed now is illogical. They are not deductable for the corporation's taxes so in effect dividends are taxed twice, the corporation has to pay based on their tax bracket and the shareholder has to pay a capital gains tax of 20%. Bush is hoping that by eliminating this tax, shareholders will reinvest the dividends therefor stimulating the economy. My tuition is increasing by %40 next semester, I know, it sucks I am going to have to start drinking Busch and Natty light, but the whole country is hurting and states don't have the funds to support education. And the reason for this is because our economy sucks and the reason our economy sucks is because of Sept. 11, so to make sure this doesn't happen again we need to make an example out of Iraq. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>What these countries are being asked to do is back out of a long lasting agreement and violate a set of rules put forth by the developed nations of the world. Its a lot to ask.
<hr></blockquote><p>I agree, this is a very thorny situation and in a way these alliances, particularly NATO, are relics of an old era when battle lines were more clearly drawn. If Nato and the UN are unwilling to support us, we have a duty to our citizens to take care of business on our own. I understand that other countries have a stake in what is happening but ultimetly it is our fight and I think that the protection of innocent human life is tantamount to any other concerns. I'm getting tired and you guys are probably starting to get bored of my long a** post, I have a lot more to say and I am intersted to hear what your arguments are, espcially The Great Tonge and Maldo.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by maldo:
Ryan, what can I say? Your a dip****. :shrug:
<hr></blockquote><p>Oh no, the great Chris Malden thinks down on me. Should I cry now or should I cry later? <p>As far as I saw it, Bin Laden and Saddam attacked the WTC without provocation. And you're saying we should sit here and take it. And I'm the dipsh!t. You're sitting up there with your thumb up your *** thinking you know everything. You don't know HALF of what's going on. I don't know HALF of what's going on. Nobody on this board knows a damn thing about what's going on except what the government wants us to know. And you know even less than that. They have told us that if we truly knew everything we wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Some of us already are having trouble sleeping knowing what we DO know. You think Saddam wants to attack the US because we are "getting involved in other countries business"? Then you got a little more thinking to do. We step in when it's needed. If you saw some old lady getting beaten by a 3 kids with sticks what are you gunna do? Are you gunna sit back and watch it? or are you gunna do something about it because you can? I sincerely hope you'd get passed your cowardess stop it. When America sees people starving, and struggling under a dictator like Saddam, you bet your *** we're gunna do our best to put an end to it. We don't have anything against Canada or Canadians. It's when they watch our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, nephews, neices, and frineds die, and then have the balls to tell us that WE'RE the ones that fukked up. It's not only Canadians either. There are some Americans that have said things too. When Saddam makes a strike agains your economy then you will understand.....or wait. HE HAS. You think that if the US was off the map everything would just go on as normal? You're sadly mistaken. If the US dies, the WORLD dies. Not an opinion, a FACT. But you go about your pathetic life believing whatever you want to.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I was at work today and as soon as they announced that Bin Laden made more terrorist threats the stock market took a huge plunge. Coincidence? Nope. All of this is strategically planned out by Al Queida (sp?) It seems that every time they threaten us we lose footing on our economy. Great way to try and knock us down. We must all realize that we are at war and now we do have to defend ourselves. If we don't, we will suffer dire consequences. I hope all the offlanders (non-americans) can understand why Ryan and most of the other Americans on here speak so strongly about this. If this continues WE suffer the consequences. I went to the store today and got my 3 day supply of goods. It gets pretty scary when your gov. tells you to go get duct tape and plastic to prevent chemical weapons from getting in your house and killing you. There is no bargaining with terrorists and the only way to solve this problem is by force. Period.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I am all there with you chris ( maldo ), when american presidents learn to take their heads out of others' a$$. I say it again, i am not on side of anyone, but if you think logically, when you kill people all around the world like somalia, middle east, and many many other places around the world just to strenghten homeland security,,, well guess what buddy, your gonna get it back, 9/11 was one example which those others got their revenge and killed hundreds of innocent people who had nothing to do with it. And I dont think hitting Iraq would ease any of these problems except for the fact it will get more and more people against US.
And about a previous arguement about that flight 93, i have to say nothing makes sense of the words being said by the US Gov't about that incident.
And since i dont have time to read foot long messeges, i wont participate anymore,,, :shrug:

Return to “Off-Topic”