Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: UK Sam's 1.6 Turbo MX-3 project

Post by youdirtyfox »

Nice buy on them skirts! I contemplated them for a while :)

Spent the morning fixing the broken expansion union on the rad so I drilled it out and inserted something a bit more hefty and epoxied in place, fingers crossed it holds!

Also while rad was out swapped out all the green hoses to black.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Amazing what I can do in the evenings now the clocks have gone forward plus working 7-4 most days now :D :D :D
Marco's Scarlet bumper now on 8)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

that bumper doesn't have side markers, correct?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Mooneggs wrote:that bumper doesn't have side markers, correct?
This is correct none of the European bumpers have em i was going to swap mine out with a friend of mines car but i like the short license plate space better then the long one :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Thats correct no side markers and still deep enough for the import size plate (12x6) I use :D
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Got out in the blaze sun again this afternoon to fit the new water bottle... If in doubt zip tie it out

Still a bit skethcy on the workings of the PS res bottle think that needs more work internally so wont fit that just yet,
should match up nicely though.
Did a small amount of wire tucking by folding those white relays up behind the bodywork, plugs in the far corner by the brake servo got tucked back in and also lowered the brake servo hose down along with the wiring for the wiper motor out the way, so the whole rear edge of the engine bay is clear now and moved the earth to round by the headlight.
and also put the rear number plate lights back where they should be using my old rusty bracket from the original bumper.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Have picked up an Intercooler I think will work and fit into the gap behind the bumper with both outlets out the same ( they will need some slight modding though )

and this very special piece of pipework to connect it to the TB.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I like the idea of the pipe connecting to the TB, that should work out nicely. And the IC is the perfect size for the base turbo. It will work out very nicely. I was running a ford probe IC when I was running 232WHP in my 1.6 :) cant wait to see you get this going you are going to love it.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeah cool glad you like it had read somewhere that is was advantages to have the hot side a little larger
so should work out good nice and straight with not too many bends.

Yeah I much prefer OE IC's to universal jobs even if you have to mod them a bit, its funny that 323 IC im using as so
similar to a MR2 IC I used on a previous conversion. Damn thats a nice impressive figure for a 1.6 Josh :D

Had a few setback as of late only bodywork that I want to get sorted first, and a bit financially with the bathroom and summer holiday to Greece to pay for, and I got a bad feeling this MOT could be expensive one, but I am determined to get there.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well with stock boost level and proper injectors with a Boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator it should be fine and reliable. I ended up swapping the 1.6 ecu and engine bay wire harness for a older 92-93 harness and a BP10 ecu and RX7 VAF, worked well, I also strapped the VICS wide open for better response. for stock boost levels the OE system can work just fine. my first kit i put together cost me under 1K USD.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

looks like a MR2 IC, should see how thick the Greddy MR2 IC is in comparison
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeah like I said very similar, pipes have a slightly different orientation and closer together which might work in my favour so I might picked one up aswell as they are dirt cheap.
MR2 cooler

Greddy one looks atleast three times as thick!
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Josh wrote:Well with stock boost level and proper injectors with a Boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator it should be fine and reliable. I ended up swapping the 1.6 ecu and engine bay wire harness for a older 92-93 harness and a BP10 ecu and RX7 VAF, worked well, I also strapped the VICS wide open for better response. for stock boost levels the OE system can work just fine. my first kit i put together cost me under 1K USD.

Yeah I think once i've accounted for mapping the AEM it will about £1k
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

What a great start to the Easter bank holiday weekend! My car is now being featured in a JDM Euro stance blog :D :D :D

http://r32taka.com/2012/04/06/the-rare-mazda/#more-6862
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Car flew through the MOT last week :D

Did a bit more lowering yesterday! @ -125mm the bottom of the coilover body gets awfully close to the CV boot and I ground out getting out the drive!
It did look frickin amazing though...

So jacked it up to -110mm in the front, ground off those two tow hooks underneath and cut back some of the plastic guards.

I Wont take anymore pictures of the whole car though till I get my new camera for my birthdays in a few weeks :P

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”