Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 11/3 fender roll + cass

Post by Josh »

great work on the roll, and I love the face plate idea... you do have some time on your hands don't you :)
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Hahaha awesome mod
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

This is Epic, no other word for it! :D I love the idea, and it's a perfect fit by design :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

MrMazda92 wrote:This is Epic, no other word for it!
I was actually thinking about my international project the other day and I think it has now reached the realm of an Epic MX-3 build :mrgreen: 8)

I mean who else has this many OEM variant parts on an mx-3 today or in the past for that matter? I've even tried searching back through some of the other great members on this site and none of them was as obsessed about a project like this than me :freak:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Your still missing heated seats... :wink:

they may have been a 94+ thing though.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

You need to dremel a cassette down and glue it in so it looks like one is sticking out of the deck...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm used to people reviving old threads, but Moon's threads revive old members!!!

How are you liking the speed 6? I'd consider one if there were a 2 door variant... If I buy a newer car in the near future, It'll probably be an MX-5... RWD and Mazda should be synonymous.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Custommx3 wrote:You need to dremel a cassette down and glue it in so it looks like one is sticking out of the deck...
OH that is brilliant! I actually have a cassette from the old deck (some spanish music haha) that I could use!! :2thumbsup: And to be fair, I got the idea from you when you mentioned it to me years ago for your computer monitor :D Thank you for the inspiration!
Josh wrote:Your still missing heated seats... :wink:
I'm not missing them... I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet - I have all the components/switches :wink:
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Very clever workmanship with the faceplate. :D I'd do that as well, your car is looking good.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 11/25 3,300 mile roadtr

Post by Mooneggs »

For the last 3 weeks of my sabbatical I decided to take a roadtrip since I've always wanted to drive the west coast and my sister also had time off and she wanted to go too! I drove down to visit my mom in Arizona (straight down I-5) and spent a week there with her and my sister. Next, my sister and I drove over to LA and spent a day there (that's where she lives as well as my brother). We started out in Santa Monica on the 1 up the west coast and only made it 60 miles to Ventura before my timing belt snapped! :crying:

I didn't realize it was my timing belt at first because I've been having some mysterious bogging issues on and off for the past couple of weeks so I thought that whatever the problem was finally failed. I had it towed to a local shop there and we did some basic troubleshooting to realize it had snapped. Unfortunately just that diagnosis cost me $90 :oops: :x Once I realized it was the timing belt I decided that I would fix it as I did not want to spend $500+ just on labor :| So we pushed the car little further down near an auto upholstery shop that said they would let me use their air tools (for free). I also just happened to have brought every tool I needed to repair this and there was a napa auto parts across the street I bought the timing belt at :mrgreen: 24 hours later from when it snapped we were back on the road! :driver: My sister has great patience... lol :roll: I checked my records and this timing belt had 55k on it. I guess I should have replaced it sooner with all the racing I did last year (I had it on for 4 years).

We also stopped by the Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway to take a few cool pics with Mazda signs, etc.

We proceeded to head north on the 1 (and a bit of the 101 where they overlap). Lots of great scenary and curvy roads! I couldn't drive too aggressive as I lost the bolt out of my rear swaybar endlink and I had alot of weight in the car from luggage, tools, and an extra person (my sister). We stopped at my Aunt/Uncle/Cousins house in San Francisco for a day and continued on. All in all the road trip was 3,300 miles over a 16 day period with 5 days to drive up the scenic 1 route. Quite an adventure! It was also awesome that my new Pioneer headunit has so much functionality with the iPhone! YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Pandora, etc all work with it! :o And of course I had my 32gb SD card loaded with most of my music library 8)

Of course I took lots of pics (probably too many but I don't care, it's my worklog :P ).

DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

The coolest pic ever.....
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Kudos to Quality Auto Upholstery for helping you out. Looks like you had a great time, I'd like to road trip myself to the west coast some day.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

:2thumbsup: Here's to too many pics.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Cool road trip. Looks like it was fun, besides fixing timing belt. How comfortable were you driving for so long? I know my mx-3 seats are not the most comfortable and I feel pretty sore if I drive from east WA to west side for ~4hrs.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I love the mx-3 92-93 style seats for road trips... Although I almost think that the cloth ones maybe are more comfortable than the leather ones... either way I can sit in them for hours/days :shrug:

I've done alot of roadtrips in this car and I always enjoy them, even nicer now with a good sound system :mrgreen: ...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”