Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: UK Sam's 1.6 Turbo MX-3 project

Post by cWs306 »

ya man your bumper has to be one of the nicest and cleanest ive seen on this site. and its funny how a rhd mx3 looks so much better stock then most canadian versions do with lotsa work done lol. lucky :love:
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

Exactly man who needs MS or JDM :wink:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

youdirtyfox wrote:Just bought a set of these lug nuts off ebay (where else!)
£24 for a set of 16 inclding key. Went for steel over aluminium as these are
cheaper once you take in to account customs charges for the US ones in lime green
tuner style alu lugs, and im really not keen on using alu lugs on steel threads if I wanted to give it some beans on a track one day!
Sorry to bring up an old post but what kind of lug nuts did you pick up? I'm looking at getting some new ones so I want everyones opinion :)
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

I removed the picture as it showed what kind of security fitment there was on them. :wink:
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Slammed the rear down!
ImageImage
using the "25 boxes of tiles" method...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: You're at that 50/50 weight distribution MrMazda is looking for!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

haha it was a very sketchy drive scraping framerail and ripping sidewalls all the way home :lol:

That is the ride height I want to end up on though :D :love:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I wish I could go that low... My AST's will not drop that low :(

Looks nice BTW
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

To get that static low at the rear I need to flip the lower mount as I did with the fronts Josh,
will yours not do that either?!

The aftermath of yesterdays antics!
ImageImage

New tyres and camber bolts in order me thinks!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

youdirtyfox wrote:To get that static low at the rear I need to flip the lower mount as I did with the fronts Josh,
will yours not do that either?!
The fronts will the rears will not. I have the rear collars half way threaded off and I am still at like 1.5" gap from the top of the tire to the well. I dont think I can flip the lower mount on the AST's, I will have to look
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Ok to keep the ball rolling have purchased another sump to fit up with a skid plate and
also this 1/2" high flow hosetail with a 1/4" BSP thread to be tapped into the sump with a
locking collar behind it for the Turbo oil return.
Also ordered J-power front forged carbon camber bolt kit so Im hoping it will work on the rears too.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Well the sump that I was going to buy has fallen through quite literally it was too rusty for them to sell to me. I have been given a quote of £45 delivered for another one though off breakeryard . com

Camber bolts have arrived from the states, (will fit then get new tyres) as has a new fuel filter I won for £5 and a universal 4 wire lambda sensor for £16. Cars coming upto 100k so I figure its time for a new sensor which by all accounts will need splicing into the existing plug.

Im also on the look out for some windscreen sun visors in black without the airbag info. on.

New bathroom is nearing completion so I will get some spare time back soon
to start pimping again :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

youdirtyfox wrote:Im also on the look out for some windscreen sun visors in black without the airbag info. on.
These do not exist for the mx-3. Unless custom made...
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

yeah I know mate will be scouting the wreckers for some out of another car :D
FD visors come in black but we don't get many of them at the local joint...

sump fail #2 they sent me a V6 one :x
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Ok sent the V6 sump back and just bit the bullet and bought a new one from fordprobestore> atleast I know its going to fit and wont be rusted!
motorfactors have ordered me in the gaskets.

Unfortnately I managed to put a 10mm drill bit through my finger on the weekend so I'm out of action for two weeks or so :(
I have to go back in tomorrow to see if the skin covering the tendon is going to live, if it hasn't it will mean another more complicated op.... Oh well count myself lucky right now I still have a working finger! 10mm more to left and I reckon it would of been adios muchachos...

So the weekend before I had been looking where teh Turbo sits in relation to the sump for the oil drain and it looked as if a 90 degree union on the sump might be a good idea so the hose would not have to bend so much.
I found this at the same place I bought the straight union and this 13mm end cap from an irrigation shop to cap off the union for now with some rubber hose.
ImageImage

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”