Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT being built/Engine management acquire

Post by RobMinhas »

SO it's not the switch, I replaced it and it was a no go. I've just unplugged the one plug for now, I'll plug it in if I need to use my rear defrost, I'm considering an interior switch to turn it on and off since I really don't want to chase the wiring through my headliner and behind the dash.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

that would be a head ache......
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:that would be a head ache......
yeah and with school and the fact that i'm knee deep in an engine swap it will have to wait anyway.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Saw this this morning on the way to school, the light is on, when the car is off, the car is on, the button is engaged, the button is disengaged or any combination of that.

Sigh....
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Sigh....

So more fun stuff, I got an email from the turbo place telling me to come pick up my turbo on monday, it hasn't been worked on at all and they want it gone, not too sure whats going on but they're closed now and over the weekend, I think I'll stop by in person on monday and try to figure out whats going on.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So I just ordered some CS strut bars and ARP head studs, also I think I've found the source of my short, Ithink the wire is being pinched just by my door frame, gonna look into it tomorrow.

I've finally torn apart my spare cart for everythign I needed from it, will hopefully have an open garage soon so I can pull out the B6 and clean up the engine bay and prep the harness for the BP. Gonna take the turbo to Alamo Turbochargers tomorrow and see what's up with it, hopefully can get it fixed up and ready to go.

Had a shitty few days, my bike got stolen from my back yard, the fuckers mustve cut a heavy duty chain or lock to get to it and slinked off with it, had to file a police report and spent over three hours on hold.

Also drove by a flat black MX3 with a parkbench spoiler and what looked a lot like full length side skirts but molded to the car, gonna stop by and take a picture tomorrow as it's got a front bumper I've never seen before.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

So on the way home from getting groceries today some fuckhead in a Mercedes SUV decided to try to merge into my passengers side...

Had to slam on my brakes and swerve left so I ran right into a bunch of pylons, over one and into two. The pylon I went over snapped up and out from under my car tearing off my side skirt on the passenger side and the other two scuffed up my front bumper and passenger fender.

And of course said f--- head drove off after forcing me off the road but I've seen the SUV before around my neighbourhood so I'll see if I can maybe found out to whom it belongs and do something about. I'll take pictuers of the damaged skirt but basically all mounting tabs were snapped off and the skirt has three long breaks in it. Not sure how I'll go about fixing it but I'm sure it can be patched up.

And on top of that my bike was recently stolen out of my back yard(Thieves broke my chain AND my lock to get to it) which has really put me in a shitty mood for the last while.

I'm just waiting on some ARP head studs to arrive in the mail from Corksport and then I can finish off the BP and stick it in before the weather gets too cold.

Also had the spare car hauled away to a better place yesterday, today was spent cleaning out the garage and taking it to the dump, will have some space to do a brake job as my brakes need to be addressed.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Oh man :( I'd have the Mercedes driver's head on a pike in my front lawn, with a sign hanging from their teeth... "I drove like a d-bag."

Not to mention their Mercedes sitting in my garage, being parted out to recoup from the damages caused by the former owner. :welder:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

don't you have a dash cam? maybe you can use that as evidence and have him held at fault, not sure if it'd work but it's worth asking around about
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

MrMazda92 wrote:Oh man :( I'd have the Mercedes driver's head on a pike in my front lawn, with a sign hanging from their teeth... "I drove like a d-bag."

Not to mention their Mercedes sitting in my garage, being parted out to recoup from the damages caused by the former owner. :welder:
Yeah I wasn't too happy... I kind of feel like dishing out some vigilante justice but that really never works out.
Evo_Spec wrote:don't you have a dash cam? maybe you can use that as evidence and have him held at fault, not sure if it'd work but it's worth asking around about
Literally the only day I took it out of my car to save some footage onto my computer, I had forgotten to put it back :/
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

My poor sid skirt :(
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k54 ... -00261.jpg
The car minus the skirt, you can sorta see where the bolt is still attached that got effed.
And I randomly found this wired into the rear tail lights of my spare car, does anyone know what the heck it is? Theres a wire to each brake light, signal light an I think reverse light.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

if it comes to it, dibs on the hardware? lol
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

It looks to me like its a trailer light hook up
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:It looks to me like its a trailer light hook up
Why is this in an MX3 hahahah Makes sense though.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

MX3's had trailer towing capabilities and equipement so it is very possible :shrug: :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”