Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Spoke to Jessica today...

Nice girl. Shes ensured me that communication between her and myself will not be an issue. For whatever reason the boxes that were sent out on Monday were damaged and being sent back to Xtreme and WILL be shipped out Thursday. Jessica is going to get me a list of ALL the kits that will be sent out on Thursday and the list of the people that have not paid. The DEADLINE that is friday is NOT for payment but rather to let us know WHEN you will be paying.

OVENDENK
Please get me the info of the guy that is going to take your place. He can paypal you the funds for your kit and Jessica can ship him the kit

MAGICCOWINUSE
Jessica is going to let me know whats up with your shocks tomorrow am.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

rece wrote:FYI if you didnt figure it out I have yet to pay the remaining. I will do so the instant that I know I will get my kit and not have to wait for the rest to pay.
You will not have to wait. If you pay you are member six to complete payment. four more to go! Who are the last four?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

fishy with the whole damage situation, but NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE ITS ALL ABOUT THE COMMUNICATION!!!!
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

that whole damaged package thing is horse sh*t. they said the same crap when they were sending you the prototype way back when. "oh, i can't find the tracking number..." now they say ALL FOUR boxes were damaged in transit??? since when does the courrier send it back in that case? i've received many a package in piss poor shape upon delivery. it's the shipper's fault when that happens and the courrier will not send it back unless the receiver tells them to.

anyways, i'm glad i'm out and won't have anything to do with this company. looks like there's a guy who's going to buy my kit off me. i hope for the best for all you guys still involved in this gb and i hope the kits work as planned for you.

jarid, i've sent you a pm with specifics on how the transfer of info for the new buyer is going to happen. please read it carefully. thanks.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
reuben

Post by reuben »

Group buy for the G6 was the same thing, boxes were damaged thats why shipping took so long. I couldnt believe it either until I got my kit and saw how it was packed.

Jessica, make them invest in some shrink wrap and bubble tape. The weight of the hinges throws them through the box which is why theyre always damaged. Wrap up any corners with small pieces of cardboard, that combined with the extra padding and shrink wrap confinement should keep the shipments from getting damaged. :wink:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I have called/ PM'ed eveyone that hasnt paid. Please let jessica know when you will be finalizing payment.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

My package was done well i had no problems? It was rapped and package without any damage.

MX3Extreme
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

reuben wrote:Group buy for the G6 was the same thing, boxes were damaged thats why shipping took so long. I couldnt believe it either until I got my kit and saw how it was packed.

Jessica, make them invest in some shrink wrap and bubble tape. The weight of the hinges throws them through the box which is why theyre always damaged. Wrap up any corners with small pieces of cardboard, that combined with the extra padding and shrink wrap confinement should keep the shipments from getting damaged. :wink:

not to mention its with the canadian post they obviously don't care. There packing is ok i see that kind of packing everyday if not worse at UPS and our boxes defiantly don't end up like that
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
reuben

Post by reuben »

magiccowinuse wrote:
reuben wrote:Group buy for the G6 was the same thing, boxes were damaged thats why shipping took so long. I couldnt believe it either until I got my kit and saw how it was packed.

not to mention its with the canadian post they obviously don't care. There packing is ok i see that kind of packing everyday if not worse at UPS and our boxes defiantly don't end up like that
All i know is when I got my package is was ripped to hell from the hinges bouncing around in there. Maybe it was just my package, or maybe they are packing them better as that was about 7 months ago, but they did tell my GB that all the packages were either lost or damaged and so shipment was going to take longer, and now they're saying the same thing to you.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

You would think with that kind of track record...they wouldnt use canadapost. All their profits were lost or damaged in the mail...
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

cjthor wrote:I have called/ PM'ed eveyone that hasnt paid. Please let jessica know when you will be finalizing payment.
Jessica,

I will be glad to finalize my payment. I will do so within 5 business days of independent proof that the hinges work as promised. I will accept Jarid's word as proof that they are working correctly after he receives the hinges and installs them. I will also accept mx3extreme's word after he posts the pic -- and if you verify that he has received hinges identical to the group buy hinges.

Please verify that your company agrees to ship the hinges will ship within 5 business days of receipt of payment. I will pay by credit card. Please instruct me on how I may contact you over the phone to give you the credit card information.

Can I send UPS or FedEx to your shop to pick-up the package so that my package doesn't have to go through Canadian Post? I know that your company has had a lot of problems with Canada Post: CP not giving you tracking numbers; and CP damaging your boxes; and CP taking too long to deliver your packages. Those problems are not your fault, but I don't want my hinges having the same problems. I know that UPS and FedEx Ground will give you and me a tracking number, will treat the packages with care, and won't have shipping delays.

All you would need to do is schedule a time for them to come to your shop pick up the hinges. I'll pay for the freight charges from my end.

Please confirm that you have received this message.

Thanks,

Eric Bradford

ps. I'm sending this same infor via PM, and also to your e-mail address.
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

bgracing,

Just to be verify, your company provided this information at the beginning of the Group buy ( http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=55698 ); Is that correct?

Thanks,

Eric

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Choice One - 60 Degree Bolt On - $500Canadian

2 sets of Xtreme-Doors Hinges
2 600lb shocks
All necessary mounting hardware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Choice Two - 90 Degree Bolt On $600Canadian

4 150lb Shocks

Choice Three - 60 or 90 Degree Bolt On, Motorized - $1200Canadian

2 150lb Shocks
2 110lbs Linear Actuators with 550lb Static Load
Display (controls movement)
Central Control unit
Wire Harness
Instructions

Additional Information
All of our kits come Bright Zinc, and Electroless Nickel Plated, for a great show appearance and corrosion resistance. We utilize shocks with our kit that have been specifically designed for this. As well thre will be a 5% donation to Mx-3.com which will be paid to me and I will donate it on your behalf
Terms And Conditions
There will be a $200 Deposit needed on these, before the hinges go into production. This deposit is refundable it is to see who is truely commited. The Deposit will be given to me and I will then inform Xtreme-Doors of how many we have. The rest of the payment must be made before these hinges are shipped. Buyer pays shipping as always. Paypal and Credit Cards are accepted. We need 10 people for this buy to be a go. I am hoping to have this go into production before christmas and for that to happen deposits would need to be in before Dec. 21st.
Pictures
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
rece

Post by rece »

I will as well make the final payment once Jared confirms the quality and I can see pics of the final product. you will have the money transfered the same day, and it is expected that the hinges be sent out shortly (5 days) thereafter.

Regards
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

Last edited by MX3Extreme on July 3rd, 2007, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Are these open all the way? Still look shy of 90 degrees...but then again i could be wrong.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”