Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT removed and dissassembled, cleaning/p

Post by RobMinhas »

Soo. The mailman came by today and dropped off some stuff for my double din: No more ghetto cardboard!

And the real reason for this update:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It would also appear that I have alternator failure :( My battery has been dead for the last two prolonged stops in a row so I'd assume thats it, although I have not had any other symptoms like power loss when braking. Gonna look into it in the morning.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT being built/Engine management acquire

Post by Evo_Spec »

try just downshifting and using the e-brake and see if it still stalls out, if not your alternators most likely gone.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

In my car the charge light slowy illuminated every time the car was on before the alternator was completely shot :shrug:

And i like that cover for the CD player, cool way to deter theft
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:try just downshifting and using the e-brake and see if it still stalls out, if not your alternators most likely gone.
Doesn't stall out when braking, no low battery light or anything, just a dead battery when I go to start the car, I've tried it with two batteries now and if that's not my alty that means a parasitic draw which is not gonna be fun at a lllll.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Due to some intense detective skills at 6 AM today, I realized that it wasn't a bad alty due to the symptoms but in fact was a parasitic draw. Then I considered what I've done since it started and realized that it was my new hatch! For some reason my hatch is drawing power when the car is off, I'm not sure if it's when the defroster lines are engaged or what but I need to look into it more, which is difficult to do because I can't really jump my car unless I borrow a car and jumper leads haha.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Met up with Diezzel today:
Some sick green fog lights
And new hood!!
New rims too!

Also I figured out the draw problem, my defroster button was engaged....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Problem solved now haha.

I took a multimeter to my neg terminal and neg lead, then measured the current(with car turned off) before and after plugging the rear hatch plugs in, measured it with button unengaged(0.00A) and with button engaged(0.86A)-->YIKES.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh man the defroster???? :lol: :lol:

Very cool hood rob :love: but im still a fan of the one you gave up

Also wow i been waiting awhile to see diezzels car...someone teach this kid how to post pictures i want to see MORE....Image
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Yeah the defroster made me feel very dumb hahah

I prefer the vader one to the Paikfeifer not to mention there is already a blue MX3 with a Paikfeifer hood in Calgary haha.

And Anthony is no kid haha, he's got a real nice and clean car, wish I couldve took better pics, quite the impressive car he's got
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Those rims and hood do look very nice . :D Thanks for the pics Rob .
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:Yeah the defroster made me feel very dumb hahah

I prefer the vader one to the Paikfeifer not to mention there is already a blue MX3 with a Paikfeifer hood in Calgary haha.

And Anthony is no kid haha, he's got a real nice and clean car, wish I couldve took better pics, quite the impressive car he's got

:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont mean he is a child but its just slang like a "guy" or "dude"
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

kulluminati777 wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Yeah the defroster made me feel very dumb hahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont mean he is a child but its just slang like a "guy" or "dude"
i often do this too

looks like we're going to have to make a worklog or picture log for diezzel lol
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Ugh, turns out the draw isn't from the switch and after soem further digging it happened about ten years back when the old hatch had a functioning defroster line. i guess that means theres a short somewhere and I gotta find it, gonna triy by replacing the actual switch/button and going from there, may have to tear out the headliner and replace the wiring fromt he parts carl.
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Let me know if you need anything from my other car also okay .
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Your car's looking GREAT Rob and I also agree Dizzel NEEDS to get a pic log going.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

diezzel wrote:Let me know if you need anything from my other car also okay .
Will do, I don't think the problem is with the hatch but rather the switch.
AaronTietje wrote:Your car's looking GREAT Rob and I also agree Dizzel NEEDS to get a pic log going.
And thanks Aaron. Diezzel can just text me every picture he wants to show the world and I can throw them up Haha

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”