fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by fowljesse »

MrMazda92 wrote:
fowljesse wrote:I did some auto-autocrossing by the airport :freak:
:lol: I wish I could've seen it!
The best part was, when I was leaving, a cop came out of somewhere, and followed me a bit, but I was going the speed limit by then 8) Too late, occifer :shrug:

Thanks, kulluminati777! I still wonder what people think when they go through it. it's weird, but, when you ride in it, it all make sense :) MOoneggs was just saying that I should put the batmobile rear skirts back on. I think I will, and make a better underbody diffuser. I'm going to make one for the rear, too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

You're lucky with police then Jesse... I was ticketed once because the officer "heard me exceeding the speed limit".

By the sound of my exhaust, he was able to(with the same accuracy as a radar gun apparently) gauge my speed at 40 mph, in a school zone. He pulled me over more than 6 miles away, citing me for careless driving. That was my first ticket ever, and he didn't even see my car... If he had, he would have seen the 2 blown struts on the rear, and how slowly I had to go through that school parking lot. 3 axle breaker speed bumps at every turn in the lot, with blown struts...

Best part, it was a private HIGH SCHOOL, so there was no school zone to begin with.
I hate Eugene Police... Springfield and State are way more professional.

/Rant

I'm glad to see you're coming up with some more good ideas! I've missed them!

By the way, I am hoping to be race ready, spring of 2014... Want to help me get there? :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That sucks!
Yeah, I'll do what I can to help out :)

SO, I had this idea. I don't remember if I posted about it a long time ago, or not, but here it is; I wanted to make a ram air intake out of the headlight hole, and have a projector light in the middle. I didn't want to destroy a headlight to experiment with, but a guy did it for me! Now I have the part intact (just the light housing, about 3" diameter) and a good hole there. I am going to enclose the part somehow, and position it in the middle of the ram air intake. If it doesn't work :shrug: no loss. But, I feel pretty good about it. It will be a direct shot to the air filter, fully enclosed.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I appreciate it a lot :D

I like it, but that probably isn't street legal... I've never seen a car with only one headlight, well, aside from a burnt out bulb. :lol: Still, I'd love the idea of the intake. I bought a Euro bumper for exactly that purpose, although I don't think I'll enclose it at this point... Not until I have a rainy day car.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

[quote="MrMazda92"]You're lucky with police then Jesse... I was ticketed once because the officer "heard me exceeding the speed limit".

You should have taken that to court, it would have got thrown out.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

IMACHU2 wrote:You should have taken that to court, it would have got thrown out.
I did... after I rebutted that statement he tacked on "until I came outside and saw him speeding away."
The judge gave it maybe 30 seconds of consideration. The fact that I was pulled over 6+ miles away from the alleged incident was completely disregarded... If he'd seen me speeding, he would have pulled me over immediately. :shrug:

I've been pulled over when I actually did something stupid, and paid my dues without contesting the ticket... I just don't get how the Judge is supposed to be impartial, when they know the officer on a first name basis, and have their paychecks cut from the same place. It doesn't make sense, not at all...

Sorry for the hijack Jesse, let me know if you want me to delete this post. I forgot I was replying in a worklog... :oops:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Eh, it's okay. About the headlight; I am going to have both projectors going. The passenger side intact, and the driver's all by it's lonesome, encapsulated inside the intake.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Ya depends on the Judge, I blew by a speed trap at like 180KMPH when I was young and dumb, he caught up with me a few minutes later. When I took it to court, I asked how many minutes he lost sight of my car, then I asked if he was even sure it was the same car, I had looked up how many of my car were made (91 Mark VII Lincoln) and asked if mine looked so different from the other 587000 that were made between 84-92. Cop said "I am pretty sure it was you". Gavel came down, case dismissed :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

^ Nice.
So I killed my car again. MegaSquirt isn't powering up so I wrote to DIYAutotune. I'll send it to them (Hopefully Matt), and see if it can be fixed. If not, I have to buy another one :crying:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Damn :( I was hoping that you guys would figure it out yesterday :(
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Me too!
At worst, a new daughter board is about $250.
It was just the topping of a week of poopcake :crying:
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

How come the motherboard is fried ? That isn't that commen i think... :confused2:
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I don't know exactly what the problem is. I'm going to send it in for diagnosis. There was a wire that had come loose that I soldered back in place, but it still doesn't seem to be getting power. The wire could have shorted something. :shrug:
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: fowljesse's GS/ZE/DE/SE ; )

Post by mx3matt »

fowljesse wrote:Got some junk done!
I finished the "Ferrari" tails. They look pretty cool (better than the pic), and work great.

did you only take off the outer lense? mine have major condensation and i really like this look.
i have an extra set so i wouldnt mine sacrificing them.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I filled in the ribbed part, and then stuck on a piece of plastic that I cut to size, and cut the holes out for the lights. Then I smoothed it all out with finishing bondo.
The car is running again!
I did fry the chip, and Peter Florance of PFtuning fixed it, and sent an extra chip for when I do it again :lol:
I have a friend who is a car guy with a 400ish hp WRX that is a professional computer guy who is familiar with MegaSquirt. He is going to help me fine tune on Thursday. Wooohoooo!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”