Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Be

Post by mx3matt »

wytbishop wrote:
DeadMaker wrote:Are you going to use paint gun?it's a 2k colour right?
Nope it's all rattle can...but it's expensive rattle can...like $9a can.

I miscalculated the amount of paint I would need...so it's not the result I was hoping for but I really like the black. It's very flat.

It needs another coat and you can see at the back how it's a bit shiney...That's the satin that I used last year. I like the flat a lot better. I will have to take another crack at it next weekend.

i gotta ask but i keep seeing talks of a new body? this one appears decent.... makes me nervous as mine looks the same.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I am careful not to show pictures of the rear quarters and rocker panels.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i've got rust creeping in i've gotta post some pics, its pretty ugly and i'm gonna have to make a judgment call soon.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I just didn't have the money last year to have it fixed properly and wanted to give it a go myself. I did a predictably poor job and it shows.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Big news!!!

Thanks to RobMinhas I will soon have a very nice shell to work with. I will have to store it for a while at my folks place in Calgary, but my wife and I are planning to sell our apartment and buy a house this fall or perhaps in the sping, so I will soon have my own garage and the room I need to completely disassemble the Black Beast and recreate her with a nice, rust free, straight body. I will likely pick up a nice beater to drive in the interrim while the Beast is completely dismantled and reconditioned down to the nut and bolt.

Now I just have to talk Diezzel into selling me a box of stuff to make her go faster.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hey Charlie, I have a question... Hopefully you can answer it for me! :)

Do you happen to know which STB will fit over the straightneck manifold better, the MazdaSpeed or the CorkSport bar? I will need spacers either way, since I have sets of outlaw spacers for both engines...

Thanks!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:shock: :shock:

the CS strut bar fits over the ZE or in your case the K8 just fine .... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Spacers?

:lol: :lol: anyway why are u asking this question in his work log

He has a MS strut bar?

Isnt the ZE manifold just as flat if not flatter then a DE mani

since im here wyt! UPDATES?!?!?!

P.S. I hate millenia manifolds
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You should ask Mark (Mooneggs) he has spacers under his manifold and has used many strut tower bars over the years. I think I recall him talking about straight neck manifolds at one point as well.

I've never installed one in any of my cars so I have no idea what the clearance will be like.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

No real updates. For the last while I've just been driving it. The body is truly in poor shape now and planning has begun for the recreation of the Black Beast. In the next few months I will be picking up something newer to become my daily driver and the beast will come off the road.

Once I have the space, which I should have later this year, the tear down of both the beast and the new shell I got from RobMinhas will start. I expect the recreation of the Black Beast to take a couple of years. Once that starts I will create a work log. I intend to document it very thoroughly.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My tweeked C/S bar fit with my curved neck with Outlaw spacers.

Wty, you have/did you end up picking up that 2nd Mx-3 a while while back?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yep it's in my folks back yard under a tarp until my wife and I buy a house later this year. Our condo doesn't have a garage and it won't fit in the spare room.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

wytbishop wrote:it won't fit in the spare room.
:lol: , Just because you tried!! :wink:

Hell, I would have too! I almost knocked out the wall in my shop and put in a roll-up door...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah...I didn't actually try. I live on the fourth floor...in another city.

On another note...Kulluminati's big brake set up has me thinking that would be a great option for the Black Beast when the time comes so I sent them an email. They already have a bolt on option for the BA chassis 323 (which is where my spindles come from) and although they don't have an MX-3 spec in their catalogue for the rear, they say they will do one if I provide the specs.

I'm very excited to get the project started. The empIoyment situation later this year is going to take a major turn upwards and I will have more or less all the funds I want and long stretches of time off.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey everyone...it's been a while. I have been around here a little bit but the MX-3 has been in storage for a while now and I've been thinking about and working on other things.

In my last post ^^^ I mentioned that my employment was getting ready to take a turn for the better and it looks like next month, it finally will. That's pretty much what I've been waiting for. Once the new career is rolling, the new Black Beast build will start.

Anyway...just wanted to check in and let the community know that I'm still here.

Charlie
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

wytbishop wrote:Yep it's in my folks back yard under a tarp until my wife and I buy a house later this year. Our condo doesn't have a garage and it won't fit in the spare room.
hope you have some plywood sheets or a tarp under it aswell otherwise you'll be fighting rust again
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”