fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by Evo_Spec »

man that looks great!
probably gonna make me second guess if i ever get into an accident
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Turned out great! nice work
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I told you that horse shoe up yer arse for luck would come in handy :lol: great work Jesse. May be you've missed your calling, 'Jesse's Body and Fender Repair'.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, fellas!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Wow, Jesse powers FTW!!! Nice work bro
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Nice JOB. I once wached my dad do the same thing to his car when I was a kid. Except he used a tractor. :shock:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Nice work! Good as new.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, all!
I loaded a MegaSquirt map that Mark helped me tune (He drove the piss out of the car, while I sat in the other seat, tuning on the laptop). I later fine tuned it by driving up a hill many many times, sometimes with the E-brake on at different resistance levels, to tune different parts of the map. Yeah, it's weird, but if you made it this far through my worklog, you are not surprised :lol: :freak:
She's running pretty well, again, and I can lower the idle to about 400, just to feel proud :wink:
When I was into air cooled VWs, we would have slow drags, to see who could finish an 1/8 mile run the slowest (NO clutch!). Guys would get out, and walk, while their car was puttering along in 1st gear, get on the roof, have a drink/ smoke. It was awesome. You could hear each cylinder fire; kathunk, kathunk, kathunk. That's tuning!
I am now going to clean her up! The interior has some light mold, and rust, and in the engine bay, I'm going to re do the wiring, and everything. Then, when the weather is good... PAINT! Mirror black, like my soul.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Keep kickin' a-- man, always loved your projects!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

Holy loly that looks good... Can't wait to see it in person.
I don't have an ETA yet... I will let ya'll know.
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It will be good to meet you!
So.. I just ordered the Star Specs. It will be the first set of new tires I've bought, since having a Mercedes SL in Arizona, about 13 years ago :shock: I should do much better at autocross :wink:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

tripleMX-3chicMS wrote:I don't have an ETA yet... I will let ya'll know.
We should have an mx-3 meet for you! :D
fowljesse wrote:I just ordered the Star Specs.
What size did you get?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah! MX-3 meet!
The only 15" 205s they have are 50 tall. 205 is the widest 15" tire they make.
I am excite!
Eventually, I want bigger brakes, and 16" rims, even if it hurts my performance a little. I want to fill the wheel wells more. I read somewhere that a wheel should be 1/3 the height of the car, aesthetically. I wish I could get 215 or 225 50 15s. This will be the last time I complain about that! My car handles surprisingly well in the rain on bald tires that have thread showing on 3 of them :shock: I did some auto-autocrossing by the airport :freak:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

fowljesse wrote:I did some auto-autocrossing by the airport :freak:
:lol: I wish I could've seen it!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i just went through EVERY page (looking for battery relocation tips) of this thread and this thread is LEGEN..wait for it..DARY...there is alot of ideas in here that i plan on doing myself, great work brother
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”