Rob's '95 RS -> BP is in!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT purchased, now guess that turbo!

Post by RobMinhas »

AaronTietje wrote:That's a cool car. So, how fast is she?
It's got a 323 GTR ECU and GTR injectors, assuming the turbo is also a GTR one(I'm not sure) that puts it at about 209 HP out of the factory. But without knowing the turbo and it's specs we can't say for sure.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

well its not a gtr turbo, as the compressor inlets and outlets on the gtr turbo are a flanged design, and it wouldnt work with a gtx manifold. not sure on that turbo though. like i said before, its a vj20 exhaust housing, and then hybridded with some sort of garrett, try looking up the numbers on the turbo, maybe you could find some more specs.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

bogaut wrote:well its not a gtr turbo, as the compressor inlets and outlets on the gtr turbo are a flanged design, and it wouldnt work with a gtx manifold. not sure on that turbo though. like i said before, its a vj20 exhaust housing, and then hybridded with some sort of garrett, try looking up the numbers on the turbo, maybe you could find some more specs.
Gonna pull it and see what it is, the numbers on the garret tag don't' tell us anything.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

The more I find out the more apprehensive about the purchase I become. Turbo has some mad play so I'll be rebuilding it, ordered a full gasket set and I think I'll be rebuilding the motor.

I've come across another problem: Front mount intercooler plus EDM bumper. I haven't' seen it done on the forum because of how new I am, and I don't know if the fog lights will make it hard for the intercooler to fit or not. Does anyone know?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Hey kinda sounds like my car!! Jk it does sucks an is like a kick in the nuts but atleast you will KNOW that it will be rebuilt properly an reliable!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Hey kinda sounds like my car!! Jk it does sucks an is like a kick in the nuts but atleast you will KNOW that it will be rebuilt properly an reliable!!
I've decided I want reliability while I'm in school so I'm not gonna half a-- anything, I think I came out a little further ahead then you did after your purchase but there's still work to do. I've got some piping lined up now, just gotta rebuild the turbo then change all of the gaskets and what not in the motor and see where I stand from there.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:
Tavman_1213 wrote:Hey kinda sounds like my car!! Jk it does sucks an is like a kick in the nuts but atleast you will KNOW that it will be rebuilt properly an reliable!!
I think I came out a little further ahead then you did after your purchase
hahaha, i don't think so, he got a like 3 cars worth of BPT parts and a free port and polished head with CS cams. mind you it was from a different person but still.
i'm very lucky i bought my motor off the person i did cause my motor's running great =)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I think as far as function for price hahaha. Tav got all the parts but he did pay more :D

Either way, I think the way it worked for me is helping me learn more so I'm okay with this I guess. Shame it'll cost money but I wouldn't mind having it done right.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

RobMinhas wrote:I think as far as function for price hahaha. Tav got all the parts but he did pay more :D

Either way, I think the way it worked for me is helping me learn more so I'm okay with this I guess. Shame it'll cost money but I wouldn't mind having it done right.
Hahaha doing it right unfortunately cost a hell of alot more!! These things are money pits!! But it's a labour of love but more like being "to stubborn to cut your loses"!! If you take your time an do it right it should be worth it in the end!! The advantage I have is that it's not costing me any money to let it sit there for a month or two!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

and you'll have a brand new car after, not just an engine =)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tav is gonna have one hell of a car, once it's finally finished.
RobMinhas

Re: Robs '95 RS-DD:BPT purchased, gathering parts

Post by RobMinhas »

So I've been busy with work but I took some time to put in my fog lights yesterday. I messed around with the wiring to see if there was anything thing I wanted to do since installing the switch is beyond me. I accidentally endued up wiring them to my indicators(which would've been quite annoying I bet) and considered wiring them to my headlight low beams but I decided to forgo it and when I'm back in the city attempt to wire the actual switch.

I totally do my soldering out doors, that's just how I roll.

I also found out the extend of the damage to one of my lower rad support/holders, I knew it was bad and actually thought it was worse.

I've also started gathering parts, my top line gasket set has arrived as well as some stickers I bought. I didn't pay attention to the ebay listing and now I have these giant stickers that I don't' particularly care fro because of the sizing.

A gasket set and Timing belt for my b6 is also in transit right now, as well as a BP water pump, timing kit, main rear seal, 12 WIX oil filters(2.50 apiece shipping from the same rock auto warehouse, how could I turn that down!) as well as 50 oil pan bolt gaskets( I mean to order 2 but accidentally ordered 2 packs of 25).
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

That lower rad support is a bolt in part. It should be an easy fix.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

AaronTietje wrote:That lower rad support is a bolt in part. It should be an easy fix.
Yes sir it si, I was under the impression that it was much worse thoguh, and since the rad is bent I'll just replace the rad when I get to it.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

good time for an all aluminum upgrade.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”