fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wytbishop

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by wytbishop »

Glad you're back at it Jesse. I've missed you.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Yipes! Car-gawd speed getting it fixed.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Welcome back! :D

You should check out my work log(s), I picked up another car :wink:
I picked up a bunch of other stuff too... I may have some stuff you're needing, any chance you have a list ready to go? I'd like to do my part to help!

Seriously, it's awesome to have you back. You inspired me to do things differently, and I owe you big for it.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Welcome back Jesse
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

yeehaw he's back! Welcome back Jesse
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well. Gawl dang! Thanks guys!
I can't think of any thing I need off-hand, except a driver's side HID housing, which no one is going to have lying around :wink:
The daily driver is now my parts car, since there's a blockage in the engine block, preventing coolant flow :( I would swap in a ZE, if I had the place to do it. She has been a great car.
Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to buy a ratcheting cable puller (come along) at Harbor Freight, and pull the corner back out.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

The damage looks pretty superficial. Mazda's are pretty thin, it is easy to move metal around. A ratcheting cable puller, a emoveable object to chain the car too, perhaps a slide hammer. You now have a parts car to get a front sheetmetal clip off of. So stop crying in your beer, and get to work already. :shock: Ya I said it.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

There's a freshly rebuilt 10:1 KLDE on PT with Interprep springs and KL01 cams for $600+ shipping($250-300) to Oregon right now, if you're interested in a clean start for the daily!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Good thing those projectors were free. So list the parts you need and let the donations commence. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

True story, IMACHU; I went to harbor freight before reading this, and got a 4,000lb ratcheting winch (which, incidentally, is what I call my girlfriend..just kidding), and an eye bolt, and various washers. I will drill into the crease, bolt the eye in, and ratchet it out, inch by inch.

Thanks MrMazda. I have to buy a storage unit full of old clothes on Wednesday, so I won't have the money. That would be the thing to do, otherwise! Maybe it will be around for a while...

Yeah, Dan. I got another set for $50 at the same time, as part of the deal, and I sold them after a while of not crashing :(
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Girlfriend jokes are great, until they catch you! :lol:

Good luck with the storage unit, I hope it all goes well :D The engine hasn't been listed for long, I wanted to buy it tbh... I can't though, I have so many other things I need to buy.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

..... so... my car was totalled, and they gave me $1,006 for it, and I had it towed to Cjthor's. I couldn't figure out why it was running so badly. Fast forward to now, or.. yesterday. I decided I'd use my fowljesse powers and fix it. It couldn't be that tough, right? Just pull the metal back into place..

I had a plan.

I bought the winch puller (4,000 lb.), and an eye bolt, and used my cheap drill for bolt holes.

Here's what I started with:

I thought I'd start by pulling at the creases...

There's the nut on the end of the eye bolt. I used a lot of washers, too.

An MX-3 helps a brotha out.

Pulling the frame, and bumper bracket back into place..

For an upward angle, I backed down the driveway, and used the chains that I use for doing aerial acrobatics with fire. You can see one of the wicks, and burn marks on the chains.

I needed a more upward angle. Don't try this at home, kids! There was about 1,000 lbs of tension in it (maybe more, because it was pulling the stock MX-3 up, and backward).

Sometimes, I needed to pry, so I used a sway bar for my travel trailer.

Other times, it took finesse..

..and in the end, it all lined up!

Mostly done, and my back was getting sore.

...and finished!! It worked!

I'm buying another set of projectors, and am sure I'll have to do some more fine tuning then. Also, the hood is trashed, but I'm going to try to save the skin, and make it useable again. If I can't, I'm going to make an OEM CF hood with angry eyes.
This took about 9 hours, and a lot of strength.
The radiator was about 2 inches off center, and the driver's side was about 2 inches back. The entire corner was smashed against the tire. The part that the fender bolts to had a fold in it that was tough to straighten out. The moral of this story.. it's possible!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Oh my goodness! That's some straight up Macgyvering right there! Many props man.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Wow !!

Great DIY !
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

:bowdown: Only you Jesse! Good job!!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”