need exhaust system, low on money

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
haze
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: need exhaust system, low on money

Post by haze »

Thanks for the info man, il'll end up taking these into a shop to get it all done. I have my hands on a magnaflow muffler and my stock exhaust is pretty banged up and leaky as it is so they'll probably end up re-doing the whole thing headers to tip. stoked!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: need exhaust system, low on money

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mikeetown wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:I did my ZE swap, was running the stock intake and exhaust system at first...

Few months later, the exhaust blew out, needed to be done, so I did a 2.5" cat back
That's from the previous page of this thread... There are others as well, that made mention of the power dropping off at ~5-5.2K instead of the 6,700 advertized for the J-spec MX6.

If you would like to see more examples, there should be some in the worklogs... It'll be a lengthy search, but believe me when I say not everybody upgrades their exhaust at the same time as they swap.

It's a good idea to do both together, but finances rarely line up with our wants in life, unfortunately! :lol: If only...
yes that is the truth.
I should mention too that I ran that setup for a bit, than 2 years later I did the headers with a test pipe to replace the cat (temporarilly to get the car on the road asap cause I had a trip at the end of the week, and to keep costs down. Much work was done on the car leading up to that trip - Ottawa Mazda Meet). I ran catless for a few months and then got a proper high-flow cat installed the week she came out of the body shop.

As theyève said, you dont need to do it all at the same time. Do it as you can and as you need it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”