93 MX-3 V6 hesitation issue(edited 7/15/12)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: 93 MX-3 V6 hesitation issue

Post by SuperK »

I changed the O2's in the ZE just fine from up top
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Where does the wiring plug in? Do I have to take off intake manifold to get at it?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

No lol, it's easy to get to. Get under your car and look at the rear exhaust manifold area, the pipe that comes down has the O2 sensor there. Find that, then follow it up and unlplug it all.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

There's no way you can reach it from the bottom, you have to have midget hands. I couldn't feel end of it with my hand, seems like it goes to intake manifold area
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
kyser182

Re: 93 MX-3 V6 hesitation issue(edited4/25/12)

Post by kyser182 »

Edited my post. please refer back to page 1!
1993 MX-3 GS
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

mitmaks wrote:There's no way you can reach it from the bottom, you have to have midget hands. I couldn't feel end of it with my hand, seems like it goes to intake manifold area
Wtf, I've taken mine out twice with no issues at all. Taking the intake piping off may help access it. I am running a KLZE straight neck though, not sure if the K8 IM gets in the way more?

FYI I'm saying remove it from the exhaust pipe, then give it a tug to see whereabouts it's connected to your loom.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

go to the passenger side of the car, then to the top left of the intake manifold, and point ur flash light between it and the fire wall towards your header, youll see this long thing sticking out the side of it. thats your o2 sensor, the plug is a 4 prong square plug. itll be on the left side by the intake somewhere.

EDIT: idunno forsure, but i think you can just get a EGR delete plate and take ur egr off completely. because my ZE doesnt have a EGR. soooo, why does the k8 need one? :P and the VRIS solenoids can be swap from most v6 intake manifolds im pretty sure, try and find yourself a probe, or a mx6. they got a different intake so idunno forsure tho. anyone know?
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

It will throw a CEL code though, if you remove the EGR. The ZE and chipped ECUs don't look for EGR so they dont throw codes.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

ahhh i knew there was a trick there. my bad never mind what i said about the delete.
kyser182

Post by kyser182 »

Few 626/mx-6/probes in the wreckers around here. Im going to go pillaging tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Wish me luck they are v6s!
1993 MX-3 GS
kyser182

Post by kyser182 »

So went to the pick n pull in Vancouver. Both 4cyl so I couldn't get VIRS solenoids. And didn't see any other Mazda v6s or probe gt

But I did get a few things. Before and after of the hood!

1993 MX-3 GS
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

I've got a parts car in Vancouver with working vris. Msg me if you want them. ..
kyser182

Post by kyser182 »

I drove the car lastnight since last Saturday. Love the new hood.. still hesitating and throwing o2 sensor code 17...
But It gets better. I was driving to class and after about 5miles my charge light comes on. Well I wouldn't say it came on exactly.
More like it lightly flickers and sometimes would stay on at idle.
Alternator belt looks good and alternator is spinning.. was unable to do any tests lastnight.
battery is only 6 months old

Only thing I've changed was that I added the horn mechanism and the hood. So I guess I will need to pull alternator and get it tested.. yay....
1993 MX-3 GS
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

kyser182 wrote:I drove the car lastnight since last Saturday. Love the new hood.. still hesitating and throwing o2 sensor code 17...
But It gets better. I was driving to class and after about 5miles my charge light comes on. Well I wouldn't say it came on exactly.
More like it lightly flickers and sometimes would stay on at idle.
Alternator belt looks good and alternator is spinning.. was unable to do any tests lastnight.
battery is only 6 months old

Only thing I've changed was that I added the horn mechanism and the hood. So I guess I will need to pull alternator and get it tested.. yay....
That is classic symptoms of the brushes in the alernator wearing out. It's still charging at higher rpm but at idle it's weak and the light flickers or comes on but stays fairly dull. When it comes on bright red and stays on they're gone completely.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Jazzylay20

Post by Jazzylay20 »

I kinda have the same problem with my MX-3 GS. I had a slight hesitation when i first started driving it. I replaced the pump, filter, plugs, wires and the problem stopped for a little then my car started stalling at half a tank on right turns. I opened the tank and the fuel had sut in it so i clean it out. after that the car ran well for a week then started running with the hesitation again. I tried running fuel injector cleaner in it and if still hesitated. Then the next time i filled up i used a fuel booster, the car then started running worse, it has a rough idel after it warms up and now a heavy tick coming from the engine.. i think a fuel injector failed but i'm unsure. Mind you the car still has the hesitiation either way.. Any ideas?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”