Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda............

Off-Topic Discussions
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda........

Post by ethand »

Haha, I'm truly gonna miss you Inodoro, if you do end up having to move!
I do think that the CRZ has hints of MX-3 in the rear end (chunky bumper, and the vertical bit just above, a few other details, too), however I do think that it looks much more like a new version of the CRX... (must admit, I've never been a big fan of that, but like the CRZ's quirkiness in both style and powertrain).
I just got my latest issue of Wheels magazine, Australias most popular motoring mag (there's pretty much no other options haha), and the CRZ won car of the year. I completely trust their testing, as it has revealed real great cars in previous years (current VW Polo & Golf, current MX-5, and the original RX-8, current Merc C-class and Honda Accord Euro are some of the last few winners - all excellent drivers cars for their respective categories.) They praised the CRZ for the way it handled, rode & accellerated, saying that it is a 'true drivers coupe', and alikened it to other 'light but well balanced sports cars such as the RX-8). On that basis, I say it's more than 'just another Honduh' or a 'bad Toyota "Pious" clone', because it actually drives well. I should think this might count for something given the fact we are all (presumably) motoring enthusiasts.
That said, I'd still chose a 1st-gen BMW 1-series, Citroen DS3 or one of the new FT-86's over one. (probably the next-gen RX-8, too, if/when that comes out)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

I'll take a cx-5 over the crz. Can't wait til March!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I can't really hate on it for performance, so I'm sorry if that came across as biased. I've never driven one, so it might surprise me, should I ever have the opportunity. :shrug:

I still swear it LOOKS like a Prius though :lol: That's from the side, Ethan is pretty spot on for the rear being similar to an MX3... Reminds me of how the Tiburon looks like one from some angles, but other angles completely different. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

jamestakay wrote:I'll take a cx-5 over the crz. Can't wait til March!
Saw a CX-5 at the autoshow too, just looks like a smaller CX-7 :shrug: No comparison in my opinion... :confused2:
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha not sure where the CX-5 came from... Although, they are nice (I like Mazda's new design direction)... but I don't want one - mini 4x4s aren't my thing! Don't see the point of a non-4x4 4x4 haha... :shrug:
I see your point about the Prius, MM92, but still think it looks as much like a Prius as the 3 looks like a Civic - seems to just be a product of its time, with a few shapes/styles/lines being similar, as that is what is popular at the moment.
The other thing about these cars is that both are attempting to acheive optimally (or close to) low aero drag, meaning they kinda need to be similar in the over-all silhouette, according to the information & technology we know about right now...
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

I stumbled on a 95 323 and the crz seems to follow the shape and almost the same rear style of the 323 in my opinion. besdies the bodykit of course. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=1995+maz ... x=74&ty=51

the cx7 is also nice don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have skyactiv and that's what i'm looking at. i don't need the 4x4 but i do love that they'll have a 6 speed! i think the diesel turbo should be coming out this fall.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Yah, true! I think we got that one sold in Australia as the Ford Laser "Lynx"... didn't really sell though! haha
Yeah, sure it has SkyActive, but the Mazda3 is a more capable drivers car, from what I've read, also has SkyActive and is roughly $10k cheaper!
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

yeah, but i like the cx5 look more than the mazda3 for 2012. maybe you guys have a different looking 3 but ours still has that front grill but it grows onto me with time. i'd have to see it up front but have you heard anything about the new mazda6 body for 2013? a guy at mazda told me that the mazda6 is coming out with a diesel turbo for 2013. that's also something to look out for.
ethand

Post by ethand »

I love the frog-mouthed 3! It reminds me of Peugeots, which I also love (to look at)
I haven't heard anything certain about a new 6, but have heard rumours here/there that a new one is coming soonish. I think you get a different model completely to us, though, as there is a US/Canadian spec for most cars that is different from ours!! (Usually heavier, bigger & tackier! Haha... but then, also about 40% cheaper)
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

lol, yeah, he did say that they are coming up with a new shell for the mazda6 so we'll see. hopefully it's the freaken shinari or lots of it! lol
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha yeah, I heard the shinari is basically what the next 6 will be, just minus all the show-car crap that every 'concept car' has..
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Wonder if Nd4SpdSe or Josh remember this:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51277

:mrgreen:

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hondas. Not even once. :) My immature fanboyisms and brand loyalty would never allow me to buy a Honda, with the sole exception of an NSX in which case I'd just be like "It's an Acura, not a Honda" :p I know, I know......

I saw that MX3 "concept" years ago, before I even had my MX3 actually. Someone just posted it as an RX8 without the half door things. I feel like as far as the MX3s body goes, if they change the tail lights and headlights to more modern Mazda design, styled the bumpers and fenders lightly to resemble newer Mazda cars they could release and sell it. They'd just need to do something about the engines :)
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

I think if they customized the mazdaspeed miata headlights to fit the mx3, mazdaspeed front bumper and lip, and give us the full length side skirts, the mx3 would be good enough with that. I love how the 2004-5 speed miatas look!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd rock the hell out of that MXRX-38 :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Off-Topic”