Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Note to self: don't reupholster your seats ever again!!(now I know why they pay third world people to do that s---..... Cause no one wants to fricken do it!!!)
Still in the process, the very long painful upholstery process!! Someone shoot me please or come an finish it for me!!!
i'd be happy to have my gf finish them for you if i can have them after =D
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Well I thought I would take a break from the pain staking process of upholstery to fix my rear bumper that has been off for a while. I originally pulled it off to paint the middle section black and also find out why my marker lights were not working/ figure out why there was not light socket for either. So in removing the bumper I found out the previous retard owner removed the harness for the marker lights and license plate lights.... Well I went to the wreckers and grabbed harness with the sockets minus the license plate part because with my bumper there is not enough room to put the stock license plate set up. I was doing some looking online for LED light strips and came across these babies.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Auto-Car-Flex-06 ... 3f03e66352
I though these would be perfect because I want all the lights in my car to be LED and it is held on by 3M double sided tape. So this ment no cutting of my bumper(only had to drill a small hole for the wires to go through) and I can cut the strip to fit the license plate area(they can be cut every 3 LEDs).

They look pretty darn good!! I will get a picture when I put the bumper back on, I just used a AA battery to see how they look.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

good job!
it doesn't look that great looking straight at it but it looks like it'd give off a really nice light and it's low profile so you won't be able to see it when the bumper is mounted anyways.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Here is just a picture of it all mounted up!! It shows you how low a profile those lights are!!
All you can see is just a black strip in the license plate area near the top!! And stupid me when I was taking the bumper from the front of my gargage to the back I dropped it an scuffed the corner as you can see!! (I'm so retarded sometimes oh well the guy that painted the car before did a crap job so whatever)
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Hey that looks great. I like the blacked out portion of the bumper. Do you have any other full car pics? 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Unfortunatly the only pictures that I have of the full car are the first two pictures in my worklog. I can take a couple of the full car as is but its missing the front bumper, its jacked up in the front and its on a stock rim that has a flat tire.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Well today I decided that I was going to fill my motor mounts! I got 3M Window Weld from Napa and went to town. I started off by cleaning the them off(hopefully my wife doesnt see I was using the kitchen sink to do that!! So shhhh).

Image First I let them soak for 30 minutes in soapy water

Image Then I used a scrub brush and some engine cleaner and didn't end up using the brake clean.

Image All cleaned up and took my wife's hair dryer to them to speed up the drying process(again don't tell her)

Just as I was starting on the first mount my caulking gun broke(thats what I get for buying a $3 one!!) so after running to home depot and getting a new HD caulking gun!

Image them after filling!

I will clean them up after a few days of letting them cure(pain in the a$$ to try and make them look good now). Plus give them alittle paint too.

Besides that still working on reupholstering my seats (kinda broke the wife's sowing machine.... well just jumped the belt one tooth on the inside but fixable)
Looking into prices for ARP head studs (about $125 from Mopac 3 weeks away) and gaskets sets (about $100 for a Felpro head gasket set).
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Dark_Rider has new ARP head studs for sale, i was gonna get them for myself but i don't have the extra cash and i don't see a rebuild anytime soon so yeah.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78720
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Yeah the only thing with me buying them from Dark_Rider is they are going to be the same price with shipping maybe more. I would love to buy them off of him but I don't have the cash right now either!!! Besides my car is just sitting and is not my daily driver so as much as I would love to get it done quickly I would rather take my time and do it right!! Plus the wait will be worth it for my head (corksport racing cams, port and polished!! intake an exhaust port matched also flow tested (going to be done by a buddy for $50!!!)!! ).
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Just as I was starting on the first mount my caulking gun broke(thats what I get for buying a $3 one!!) so after running to home depot and getting a new HD caulking gun!

Image them after filling!

I will clean them up after a few days of letting them cure(pain in the a$$ to try and make them look good now). Plus give them alittle paint too.
I've heard poor longevity with mounts fill that way, but I've been told that the main reason is that you have to do them NOT in one shot, otherwise it doesn't set right in the middle, especially because of the type of urethane it's not designed to be set that thick.

I used the 2-part stuff for mine (never got a chance to use them tho :() and still did them half-and-half to make sure it set right.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I figured I would try it this way because I was digging through a box of parts that came with the car and I have another complete set!! This car came with 2 sets of everything except the major things it needs(clutch, BOV)!!
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

They look pretty darn good!! I will get a picture when I put the bumper back on, I just used a AA battery to see how they look.

Wow we did have the same idea. I looked at a huge wall of automotive lighting, when I saw the strip L.E.D's and thought, that will work and it will be easy! L.E.D's are very directional, so I was not sure they would work. I test drove them at the store with a 12V power supply and the lights off. :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

If they can't see my license plate..... Oh well hahaha all that matters is that you have a license plate light!!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So while I was working on my seats, I decided to take a break from that to finish the visors off in suede. So I haven't painted the clips or anything but sowed it all up and they arent to bad.
I will get a more pictures of them installed after they are painted. I also didn't cut out the hole for where it clips onto the roof because for me I will never use them. Being 6'6'' I wouldn't be able to see out of the windshield if they were down.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So little update.
Had to go an raid pick an pull for bolts to secure the visors
All installed!! The only thing is we didnt make a hole for where it is suppose to pivot on because I dont use my visors anyways so we just left it as is!! I just put them up there to make it look stock!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”