jeffs 93 rs bp powered

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
jeffs93toy
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: jeffs 93 rs

Post by jeffs93toy »

Okay so its alittle too late right now but Ill post some pics up in the morning.

Today I got a little anxious to start some of the projects on the car and finally narrowed my two choices for a mod today, down to one.

Option one: convert all factory dash, clock, and hvac lights from green to blue.

Option two: convert all the horrible interior lights from single bulb to led.

I chose option two. I went down to the local autozone and picked up some premade leds. I bought two 12 led lights for the dome lights, and one 20 led for the trunk. However i quickly ran into a problem with the 20 however... It was just too big for the factory housing. So i used one of the 12 led boards for it. Came out quite nicely with the exception of the one bad strip of leds in the middle... so i will return this one in the am when i go and get my new vavle cover gasket.

Then I moved on to the dome lights... again the 20 was too big to fit.... ARGH!!!!.... so i start to mock fit the other 12 and run into a small hick up. The cover plate wont fit back on with the leds sitting flush. My fix was to take out the bulbs and get my half inch hole saw... I grabbed a nut driver to spin the hole saw manually and it fit perfectly over the factory bulb housing (i sawed from the inside out as the leds i bought need the factory bulb housing to suuply power)... within minutes i had removed to old bulb housing, and pushed behind with the rest of the wiring for the lights. Then i had to get a liitle creative... again.

I fit the 12 again and no luck so I trace out the wires and pull the power supply off the led its soldered to. I then used some scissors and cut halfe to board off, and re-soldered the power wire back into the correct sequence... plug the wires up to the display battery pack that was in the package and VIOLA! I have so very bright led powered light! After that i place the now much smaller led board into the opening made from removeing the old bulb housing and used some double sided tape to hold it in its new home.

Then it got dark... So as of right now i have an almost finished trunk led conversion and a half done dome light conversion... Guess i just have to wait until the morning to get the new leds to finish it... sigh.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

So currently i am working with the other half of the 12 led board trying to get rewired into the correct series... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I am going to buy a soldering PEN after this I hate using a gun and solder that is thiker than the leds.
Any how i have half of the board currently lit up... just working on the other half. Sometimes me being cheap makes me work twice as much... Oh well this is just one of the many f-d up ways I figure things out.

So here is my learning process...
Step 1 buy a part while saying that looks cool and ill have no problem installing it.
Step 2 start having trouble, saying its fine itll work.
Step 3 D@mit!!! it doesnt work.
Step 4 start ripping it apart.
Step 5 now that ive stripped and played with it for hours it works and i understand how now (not sure if i learned by stripping it, or playing with it though :mrgreen: )
(Optional)
Step 6 reinstall
or
Step 7 reinstall, say that looks f-d up now and grumble on the way to the parts store to buy another one.

Any way ill post up some pics here in a few Im trying to find that vanishing camera of mine.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Okay so I appologize to the pic whores but I cant seem to find my camera and I wont have access to the internet for the next 2-(hopefully)3 weeks. Reason being I work on an oil rig drilling for natural gas, and the workers on the rigs live there. So Im off to work in a few hours and will not be able to post the pics until i get back.

However on a different topic I did go ahead aand change my valve cover gasket today to stop my oil leak. I realized this was the gasket leaking after two engine clean ups. Now well see if this will stop the only leek my 3 has at 228000 miles :mrgreen:. Also noted that the engine is still in pretty decent shape due to the nice golden color of everything inside the valve cover.

Sadly though the 3 will be coming off the road in at least a month but no more than two, due to the winter weather coming and me buying the wife a newer 4x4 suv for the winter weather. This is an absolute necessity due to the fact that her 97 626 is on its last legs and my 3 has never seen salt (and ahe cant drive a 5 spd :crying: )

Any how I will keep every one updated on the not so distant future mods that will be coming over the winter season.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

So just a lil updated.

I managed to score two sets of chrome door handles from a newer 626 from the JY in SC (I had to go to it for old times sake) when we had to pick up our stuff for the move to PA.

Anyhow they are installed and look great :mrgreen:

Once I move our stuff into our new house (with a garage :D ) I will find the camera and start posting pics again.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Just added, rear mud guards, black altezzas, and diamond emblym steering wheel, along with black primer, pics will be up after the new year. I just cant wait to get the wifes 626 up here to start some of my more mad man mods :welder:
ethand

Post by ethand »

Awesome! Gotta admit the chrome door handles look sweet in our interiors! I love mine! (though, Mooneggs' brushed aluminium ones are my fave, I must admit!)
Congrats on the black altezzas (another thing I'm a little jealous of!) and the other goodies - I look forward to some pics after the new yr! :D
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

For those tail lights, the slits you have. Have you considered whiting out the lights instead of black? That way It's all white with a little bit of light coming through the slits.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

truthfully that hadnt occured to me, however i just put the new altezzas on the car so i prolly wont now.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

here some quick pics for you guys.

The post sanding and the start of the first coat, and the mess i made in the process.

Closer up, and you can see my ugly mud in the pic, sporting my work coveralls and a skull cap

A full frontal shot at a rest stop in Virginia on i-81s (right at the NC border)

Drivers shot, car sporting the new...ish rear mudguards

Pass side

Shot of her a$$ with the new taillights

More pics to come after my trip in SC.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Nice work, man - looks pretty sharp! Love the tail lights (trying to source some now myself) and that spoiler looks surprisingly really good! I'm not usually a fan of that type of spoiler (unless coupled with the MS raised one), but it somehow works well on yours!
Nice work on the mudflaps, too :)
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Thanks, as for the lights, i payed $71 for them brand new off ebay, and thats including shipping. I just kept looking at the same lights over and over and started seeing price changes and got lucky on these ones.

As for the spoiler, I plan on trying to get a ms one after ive done an engine swap, just gotta wait a few more months and then source a bp for the swap... the b6 is awful out in the mountains where i live, im constantly down shifteing just to maintain a speed, so my gas mileage is awful.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Ya, the light's price vary significantly on the US ebay, but on the Australian ebay, prices are rock-steady. I've thought about getting them off the US ebay, but by the time you add in international shipping (which can be as much as $100, i've found!) it's really not worth it!
Some sellers won't even post internationally (other than Canada), too which makes things harder still!
Nice, MS wing should look awesome, but most important things first :driver:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I love how you just primed it in the middle of the street LOL :freak: :lol:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

jeffs93toy wrote:truthfully that hadnt occured to me, however i just put the new altezzas on the car so i prolly wont now.
I assume the car is no longer going to be white? In which case you should match up the painted around bit with the rest of the car and throw them on, just to see how it looks. For Science! :D I have an extra stock set of tail lights I'm gonna try something like this on just to try it out, I want to colour match it with my car but I don't think Ill be able to find the right colour unless I go to an auto paint store and pay big(er) bucks for the paint. The car looks good btw!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Oddly enough, that is my drive way. I have an asphault drive way. I wouldve done it in my garage, but it has a dirt floor and i would be mad at the world to paint it and end up having dirt in the paint. :evil:

As for the paint. The car was color code PZ for brilliant black, When i got it almost three years ago the clear had peeled so bad on the hood, roof, and hatch. Then my uncle vandalized the car and it needed body work, so i primered it after the body work was done, now just got around to getting the car black again. Once the car has all the little parts i want for the exterior, the interior is in better shape, and i have the engine swapped... then ill paint her the same color code once again.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”