Mikeinaus's 94 GSZE whats a fair price for my car?

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** Bumper Opinions?

Post by MrMazda92 »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Not bad, the curves add to the look. My preference for these types of things is to directly follow the car's lines though, so more along the lines of: Image.

I'm not a fan of that body kit, but the eyelid example is closer to what I had in mind
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

hey mike 2 things SWEET rx8 seat mod..i may have to copy that one and what did you do with the coilovers that came off the car and what brand were they? and yeah just go with the mazdaspeed bumper and angry headlight mod. :shrug:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

putting eyelids on with the bumper you already have would look good. theres my eyelids i did when i had my car painted

ethand

Post by ethand »

Wow, those RX-8 seats look awesome! How hard was it to put them in? did you get the rears in, too? Or do the rears just not match the fronts?
I personally love the angry eye look (and if I had the front lip & JDM full-length sides, I think I'd do it to my car, too!). I think option 2 of the bumpers would look best, though I think I'd personally leave the bumper as-is... That's just me, though - it seems we each have our own things we're funny about keeping stock/stock-ish, so you just do what you think looks best!
Sorry MrMaz - seems the eyelids/angry eyes is one thing you & I don't agree on haha! I think this is a first?! ;)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

rx8 seats were a bit of a pain in the a-- but if you can weld or have a friend who can weld its not too difficult. johnmx3ze also has rx8 seats and he posted some pics of the install on his worklog. i used them as a guide and some common sense to figure out some things that werent so obivious. it took a friend and i a good 8-9 hours to get them welded properly and installed 100%. if you take your time and do alot of test fitting between welds its doable. just make sure they are straight and level if you attempt it. i dont have the rears so i cant comment on whether they fit or not...
ethand

Post by ethand »

Wow, that's hectic! Unfortunately I have no access to a welder, and don't know anyone who would :roll:
I wouldn't think the rears would fit, though, as the MX3/Presso have pretty weird rear seats... or at least, mine does...
Good work!!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

small update
doing some maintenance at school. ive got the valve covers off and thought id take a couple pics.
pretty clean for an engine with 100k/kms+

klze pizza

my wrenches just because i put in all the hard work to cut out the foam and i want to show them off :lol:
AaronTietje

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** maintenance

Post by AaronTietje »

Love the stubby ratchet wrenches :love:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah there pretty badass. i got the entire set of 60 wrenches plus 8 ratchet/8 stubby ratchets for a little over $100, lifetime warranty on them aswell. canadian tire is hard to beat when its on sale :mrgreen:
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

mikeinaus wrote:yeah there pretty badass. i got the entire set of 60 wrenches plus 8 ratchet/8 stubby ratchets for a little over $100, lifetime warranty on them aswell. canadian tire is hard to beat when its on sale :mrgreen:
Do they have a lifetime replacement guarantee?
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah... no receipt needed either. just bring in the broken tool and grab a new one off the shelf. canadian tire is like a walmart or costco more geared toward automotive stuff. they have their own brand called mastercraft and mastercraft maximum which arnt a bad set of tools. for the retail price im sure you can get better tools but most of their stuff goes on sale for 60-80% off quite often. those ratchet 8 packs are usually $80 and go on as low as $30 sometimes, i believe i got them for $40...

Image i got this cabinet (top/bottom) on sale for like $650 after tax. retail is around $1100+ tax if i remember right. its actually quite sturdy aswell. much better then the napa cabinets or other brands some of my classmates have
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

ethand wrote:Sorry MrMaz - seems the eyelids/angry eyes is one thing you & I don't agree on haha! I think this is a first?! ;)
Hey now, I love the look of the hood mod! :lol: I just prefer it with a slight curve to it, similar to the eyelids! :wink: My biggest fear about the hood mod, would be dropping the hood a little too hard... I'm pretty careful, but someone else might not be. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mike, those heads look almost as clean as mine!! Not the one's in my car mind you, my soon to be machined DE heads! :D

I also love the foam, it's hard to line it up that well, you did good!
I need to get a standing cabinet for my tools... I've got a bunch of toolboxes, toolbags, and everything is somehow still organized! I just wish it was all in one place... Maybe after I move it'll be better. :)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

the foam is easy its just tedious. first one i did took probably 2 or 3 hours. the last 2 or 3 drawers i did took no time at all. once you get the hang of it its fairly easy. a good skinny razor blade knife makes a large difference. the trick is to trace them all out. then cut them slightly with a knife, then go over a 3rd time and cut all the way threw. you then take the cuttings and cut them in half and place them back in the foam so the tools sit in slightly but are easy to grab. fyi i bought 2 sets of the craftsman toolbox foam. it was expensive and nothing special. i was able to find some camping mats that were the same type of foam for quite a bit less money.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nice tip on the camping mats, I was just wondering about that... I know the Craftsman ones are spendy for what they are.

I love my Craftsman tools, but some of them are waaaay expensive. :( Still, Sears employees know me on a first name basis, since I break ratchets all the time by using a 4 foot cheater bar. Well, I did before Megan gave me a Breaker bar for Christmas. I can't believe I kept putting off buying one. :lol:

My tool collection is about 75% Craftsman and 25% other brands, depending on the application. The only thing I buy 100% Craftsman are my ratchets/sockets, because I need a perfectly matched set to stay sane. Well, 2... :freak:

One of my favorite things to do on a crappy rainy day, is sift through thrift store tools. I've found a few oldschool Craftsman items for incredibly cheap, like some beefy, 30+ year old toolboxes that will outlive me by a long shot. You can't beat a $4 toolbox that would cost $80 elsewhere! Other than that, broken/damaged tools that can be exchanged for brand new at Sears. My entire second set of 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets(both shallow and deep) came from partial sets scavenged at thrift stores. I put together a ~$250 socket/ratchet set for under $50 in one summer that way!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”