Paint coming next spring/summer, all opinions appreciated!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Paint coming next spring/summer, all opinions appreciate

Post by MrMazda92 »

Alright everyone.

I finally decided for sure, that the car will be OEM white with twin green stripes. Still undecided on the green, of course. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Yaaa White!!! hahaha it always looks so clean!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well it will always be as clean as it looks in my case! :D

I've been slacking since my paint is crappy atm... but when I still had my Mountaineer, I waxed it every few months and washed it twice weekly. :freak:

Granted, that beast was Black, it was all I could do to keep up with the dirt...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

what about that honda cream white colour? ive always thought it was awesome and shouldnt be hard to find...
ethand

Post by ethand »

I thoroughly doubt that MM92 will allow any Honduh in his ride whatsoever... still, it is a perfectly valid suggestion ;)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Color is color, color knows no brand! :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

:shock: :confused2:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It's true, my point being that things like the 350z blue look amazing on MX-3s, and I personally think that Desert Sage metallic(Lexus color, I believe) which is VERY similar to a color I've seen on a few nicer Preludes lately, is another great color!

I don't like Hondas because of their aftermarket "tuners" most common choices for "performance" upgrades, I offer props to the manufacturer for locking down a large chunk of the market, and for making cars that can take a hell of a beating, while still rolling down the road. Still, they aren't my style, and are far too common to ever be so. :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

Fair enough, fair reasoning. TBH, if I resprayed my car/a car I get in the future, I doubt I'd stick to the manufacturer's OEM colours. (Partly because there weren't many Eunos colours :lol: :lol: )
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I absolutely love Blaze Red when it's well maintained... Mine just depresses me. The entire right side of the car is faded horribly.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

MrMazda92 wrote:I absolutely love Blaze Red when it's well maintained... Mine just depresses me. The entire right side of the car is faded horribly.
Send 'the wife' out there with a can of rubbing compound and tell her to keep at it till she can see her face in the cars shine. :wink:
Anyway, white is nice and for some reason I'm a little partial to it but green stripes I'm a little hesitant on that. the only issue with white is if there's any rust at all it stands out like a sore thumb. Changing a cars colour certainly adds to the expense but what the hay, you got money so have at it. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Daninski wrote: Anyway, white is nice and for some reason I'm a little partial to it but green stripes I'm a little hesitant on that.
I'm by no means a color "expert", but I think white with very light lime green or yellow stripes would look sick... :shrug:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

No rust Dan :D

Also, I'm leaning towards Brewster green, or similar. I think it will be a good combination for an MX-3. :D
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Unless your going with some kind of green interior compliment I think going with a colour stripe all on it's own with no interior affiliation is whack IMO..... Well, at least your teeth will match. :roll:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I'm not a fan of stripes on Mx-3s
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”