Sleeper6's Gold 92GS Updated paint pics!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS

Post by Sleeper6 »

marcdh wrote:
Tell me more! Solid steel? No rubber/polyurethane to dampen harmonics?

Nice deal on the hatch shade!
Ty, And yes 100% solid and completely balanced. Its still slighty lighter though now sure how that works, the backside looked almost like a (+) design so maybe thats how, but I havent had any vibration issues at all from it either so I wont complain. Plus it has the stud inserts to pull it off safely unlike the aftermarket ones where you have to pry on them and risk damage when you do your timing again another big plus. The dealer told me it was a big issue back in the day and when they ran out in the states mazda japan redesigned them into this beauty :mrgreen:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So out of the blue I stopped by the old junk yard to catch up with some friends and happened to see a dusty set of altezzas on the shelf. after a bit of talking they gave em to me for the visit lol. A few broken tabs but they seem to hold alright but im on the fence if i like em or not, any thoughts?

92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
ice_mann
antispam: No

Post by ice_mann »

Personally I dont like clear altezzas, the black ones might look better.
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Savin

Post by Savin »

Tint the tails and I think it'll look much better.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll with hold my opinion, since it will sound biased after you read the next sentence. If you decide not to keep them, I need a set of chrome ones for a project, but won't pay the price for them new. I need to redo mine. I took the lens off, and fiberglassed all around the lights.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So as for the lights I think Im going to rock them for awhile, not normally a fan but I think when its painted (metalic blue w/flake) It will look nice and smexy! But other than that they light up a bit more than my painted ones, no surprise there, and atleast when I park next to a mazda 6 I dont feel outdated now lol.

In other news tho, I got really bored on sunday, as I had no money to go out, yet I had some leftover fiberglass, resin, and enough cardboard to make some templates with a lipless mx3 nearby...
93 GS red (wrecked)
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So this is how it started, once its done Ill post the final product :mrgreen:
93 GS red (wrecked)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

One thing I think would be awesome to do with those tail lights; Go to an autobody place, and have them match your paint, and put it in a rattle can with about 3/4 clear. Then you could "smoke" them with the color of your car. Another thing is do what I did. Since you can do fiberglass, yours would turn out better than mine.
That's really great that you can make lips out of 'glass! That means you can put a skin of Carbon Fiber on, too :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Nice progress Glen. Im not a fan of the crome clears but they work with your car color. 8) I also cant wait to see how that lip turns out. Post some new pics of it as soon as you can. Nice work!
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So after spending my night putting on rear brakes and running out for a last minute rotor after a tie rod end yesterday I think I can finally drop her off for inspection tomorrow. The beauty of a new job in a parts store is everythings a bit cheaper, Im even changing my squealer belt out tomorrow too! Then hopefully I can go back to the lip work.

Otherwise tho its always interesting when your at a light waiting to turn and another mx3 is staring you down from the oposite turn lane lol!
93 GS red (wrecked)
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So after a bit of spirited driving a found a nice aroma of brakes finding its way into my car. Ive been smelling it every once in awhile but I had the chance to stop and check the poor girl out and found a nice sizzling hot RR wheel. So needless to say I had to order a new caliper and now im nursing this one along till it comes in as apparantly we had to call the factory direct and ask them to mail one up from philly. :crying:
93 GS red (wrecked)
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

We need an update with a pic on the new parts you put on. 8)
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Soon as I can find the charger to the camera Ill get some pics up, guess Ill have to clean up my wiring then :lol: But yeah I got the projectors on and adjusted so I can see. Im also debating ripping out the cruise control as I cant seem to chase out the demon in the system. Atleast that way Ill have some more room.
93 GS red (wrecked)
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

who needs cruise anyways..... :lol: I say get rid of all the extra stuff.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Lights are in and adjusted and alls well, yes I will get pics up however something BIG coming for this sunday. Aaron prepare to be jealous lol, and no I dont plan on selling this one either :lol:
93 GS red (wrecked)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”