Canada vs USA 3-2 Gold for Canada :)

Off-Topic Discussions
Flyer

Re: Canada vs USA 2-2 Less then 1 min. Ahhh

Post by Flyer »

Truth :D
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Canada vs USA 3-2 Gold for Canada :)

Post by Daninski »

I was so proud I forgot about this thread. :lol: I was at work and we shut it down to watch. No aircraft were flying during the game,,,gee that was strange. :lol: I honestly though the US would take it. They played so strong in the third period. I always think it's great when home team takes a gold,,for any country. In the larger picture I think Canadians have re-identified themselves over the past few years. Maybe Afghanistan has had a little to do with that. When our fallen heroes are returned home from Afghanistan the hwy's here are lined from Trenton to Toronto with mourners, flags flying, thousands of people. Even on the coldest rainy days the crowd never diminishes. No one has a dry eye.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
solo_ryder

Re: Canada vs USA 2-2 Less then 1 min. Ahhh

Post by solo_ryder »

Flyer wrote:Image
Truth :D
Quoted for awesomness!!!!
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Ya..........I kinda screamed with Canada won............I woke everyone up.............. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DEB :-P
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I think that it's really difficult to put into perspective what these games and this particular hockey game mean to us as a country. Imagine growing up your whole life with a bigger, richer, stronger brother who's maybe just a bit arrogant and has been pushing you around for most of your life...doesn't really take you seriously. Then he starts to really get good at the one thing that you hold closest to your heart. One of the few things that your whole life you've done better than anyone else...even him. He beats you at it now and again and now he's trying to show the world that he's better at it than you are...at your own house.

Being the smaller country in the shadow of the US is a large part of our national identity and these olympics were our opportunity to show the world that we are just as competitive, just as proud and just as strong. Yesterday was our chance to show that no matter how hard they try, the Americans will never take our game from us. This game unites us in a way that nothing else ever can. Nothing gives us more pride. I heard today that 80% of Canadians watched some part of that hockey game. It was the most watched television broadcast in the history of Canada with an average rating of 16million viewers.

I would also say that throughout the tournament the US team was the most consistantly strong team and I am glad that we got to play them and beat the best team in the tournament for gold.

I wore my Iginla jersey with pride today...more pride than I've had in a long time. Pride in what we did athletically but also pride in who we are as a people. I absolutely love being Canadian.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

+1 Wyt, excellent analogy!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I wish Canada would take over the US. I'm Patriotic, but this Gov. has does some stupid $#!+ in my lifetime!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

fowljesse wrote:I wish Canada would take over the US. I'm Patriotic, but this Gov. has does some stupid $#!+ in my lifetime!
Yes like requiring a close friend to need a passport. :( Oh and thanks for wearing the socks :) I heard the American stations turned off our closing ceremonies and went to a new sit com or some damn thing. That's just ignorant.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

They only time I have been embarassed to be a Canadian was at the closing. Giant beavers, lumber jacks and an infatable moose? You gotta be kidding me. :oops:

F' n sad. Would have been better if Terrance and Phillip were there.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Giant Beaver, was Rita McNeil there. :lol:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I thought that the closing ceremony was AWESOME!!!

Everybody else in the world takes themselves so seriously. The Russians demanding the resignation of their sport ministers because they didn't win enough???...whatever. All we did is pull out every stupid stereotype the rest of the world thinks about us anyway and say..."yeah...that's us". Beavers and moose are frickin cool. Mounties rock. Michael Buble singing the Maple Leaf Forever FTMFW!!! Epic win. Do you want to be the douche bag that stands in front of the world trying to convince everyone how great you are? Or would you rather just have a laugh and be the guy everyone likes?

I will agree that some of the musical choices were questionable...but did you see the little Japanese skater girls rocking out to Avril? And how'd you like to have to go on after Nickelback? Those guys are a rock and roll killing machine.

Loved the whole thing.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

"HAhahaaa. In my face! In my FACE!" - Chris Griffin.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

This thread needs to be stickied...

Im just sayin

Return to “Off-Topic”