One Piece Aluminum B-Pillar Bar

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
JWMX3

Re: One Piece Aluminum B-Pillar Bar

Post by JWMX3 »

I mentioned why... to avoid having to cut into the B pillar trim and to make the bar bolt on installation.

as far as structural integrity, a ONE inch spacer is not going to flex.. its one inch, and its got a bolt through it torqued down. :2thumbsup:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

plus it looks bad a--. isnt that what it all boils down to anyways? if we were all that worried about how our cars perform everybody would have a set of k sports....
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

so can we make a couple bars that are about an inch longer? :)
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

projectzemx3 wrote:i just had a thought, make these for auto belts, so when the doors open the bar moves with the belt and smashes you in the back of the head. muhahaha
:laugh: oh wait, I have auto belts... :? I may have to get in on this and then its time for manual belt swap ...
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ok. so 2 or 3 of you with AUTO belts would prefer it made to go through the b pillar trim piece..

what about the manual belt guys night shade, solo, and others who have shown interest ? would you want the bar made to cut a hole in your b pillar trim ?

ideally i just want to make one style not some of each but I dont want the GB to turn into a list of just 3 auto seat belt people.. :lol:

just keep the opinions coming,
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

JWMX3 wrote:ideally i just want to make one style not some of each but I dont want the GB to turn into a list of just 3 auto seat belt people.. :lol:
I would be in for 2... :mrgreen:

looking back at colins... this is more of what I am looking for... something a little more beefy :D :welder:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it looks like his first one was smaller... similar to your design but it's still behind the b pillar...
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=58901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

JWMX3 wrote: what about the manual belt guys night shade, solo, and others who have shown interest ? would you want the bar made to cut a hole in your b pillar trim ?
I like your original design, the thickness is good, the style is good. I am not interested in doing a hackjob in my interior.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

1.250 is PLENTY big, makes my rear strut bar took like a tooth pick

why would you want it bigger ? there would be no performance benefit and youd just be adding more weight.i can imagine the weight of colins they were made out of steel too.... not to mention when you look in your rearview mirror your vision will be obstructed. thats why I ended up with what i did. came up with what I percieved to be the perfect design for every aspect including visibility and ease of installation .

now you want what 1 3/4 bar ? thats going to cost more from the powder coater and more in materials so throw the GB prices out the window.

i think i see why there has never been a GB on this part before... 4 different people want 4 different parts
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

solo_ryder wrote:I am not interested in doing a hackjob in my interior.
thats what I figured. neither am I, and my car is only 1/4 nice as yours..

just look at the big rectangular cut out in those links... its horrendous lol..not to mention the rest. ok to each his own.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Colin's is for show. And TOO big. And again the issue with the interior. Why don't you guys just wanna do a manual seatbelt swap? Those auto ones break down all the time anyway.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm still hoping for the original.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Good some support for the OG style.

I support the motion that the power seatbelt guys should go to manual. The auto ones are haggard
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

haggard.. lol

Auto is a little weak sauce, if you're picking up what I'm throwing down. Get some long bolts and washers you auto erotic seatbelt guys.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ok, heres the final word.

I will make them the same as the prototype in my car for those who want it

If anyone with auto belts would like to cut their pillars open and have it mount in behind, I will make it for you. But only out of 1.250" Bar in order to keep the same GB pricing.

Any inquiries on shipping PM me or add to MSN if you want, its the same as my paypal address. klde84@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy New year mx-3.com !
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

JWMX3 wrote:If anyone with auto belts would like to cut their pillars open and have it mount in behind, I will make it for you. But only out of 1.250" Bar in order to keep the same GB pricing.
Is it gonna be like an inch longer so it could hide behind the panel? or will it require a spacer?
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Return to “New Product Development”