ZE 250WHP NA?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stereoking15

Re: ZE 250WHP NA?

Post by stereoking15 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWzCAkaaSX4

this is a klze 323 with cams and itb's i saw a dyno sheet at one time or another 238whp!!! also look at the tach!! 10,000 rpm.

since ia have a host of mods to do to my mx3 for next years races, put in an lsd, redo suspension with k-sport coilovers, relocate battery, remove gas tank, cut out spare wheel well rivet sheetmetal over, put in 20 gal fuel cell, with stainless lines, roll cage, new brake lines goddridge, racing seats, new harnesses, 15x10 jline custom 2 piece forged wheels, hoosier 275-35-15!!! a6 race tires. for all these mods before april i have some work and spending to do. after next season after completing the research needed to do a hybrid i will build a motor at about half of what everyone says it takes. 8k is what is said to really make a bullit proof 280+ whp na klze. the head work alone is 2k, stand alone 1k, pistons, rods, and macining 1-1.5k. there is also a really neat klze intake that i found one time online completely made of stainless steel, it was housed directly oveer the ports not going over the rear valve cover and had a straight neck on it and a flage to accept like a 70mm tb. if anyone can find it let me know it was like 1000-1500. could fab one up a lot cheaper but worth a look easy 20hp with that amount of flow!!!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

http://www.spitzeperformance.com/manifold.html

if you look around the site i think that the silver one was the original that i saw a while back and a lot cheaper now!!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

stereoking15 wrote:http://www.spitzeperformance.com/manifold.html

if you look around the site i think that the silver one was the original that i saw a while back and a lot cheaper now!!
how much was that? it said klze performance with klde, would we see those gains on a ze?
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

you could see those gains with an oversize tb at least 15hp
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

stereoking15, you seem to have things organized for your build, but I don't see 280whp possible for $8k unless you do all the work yourself. The work and parts involved to start squeezing hp after ~230hp starts to get expensive for minimal gains. Of course there would be ways to take shortcuts and still get the power, but you also affect the long-term life of the motor. I'm going the N/A route myself. In terms of what you said, ya, I could see you spending $8k in parts to make the motor pulletproof for 280whp, but the extra work in porting, machine work and balancing will be on top of that.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

with the economy the way it is the project will be on hold until further notice, sucks to be american right now. :crying:
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”