[GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] CARBON FIBER HATCH BB

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Sorry Mike, I didn't mean to be argumentative, just to the point. Do any wires run through the channel in between the two pieces of sheet metal that makes up the hatch or are they just between the trim and hatch?

If someone could take a look and report back with some pics, that be great!

I wouldnt see why the wires if any could not be fed through two holes drilled top by hinge or wherver the wiring gromet is, and the bottom to where the third brake light is.

The hatch is made up of two pieces, then fused together. As long as the process does not block the channel, we could feed enough wiring through. I can make sure that this is possible and/or adjust to ensure its functionality. Done!

I'm going away to Europe tomorrow but will be online often. I return the 31. We are 60% there; hopefully we get more guys on board during that period so we can get closer to our goal.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Here's pics of the wiring for 3rd brake light... (i'm not sure at the momenta bout the wiper motor wires)

it runs along behind the trim but not inside the actual hatch metals except near where it goes into the car.

tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Okay. Here's an idea for you guys to ponder. Forget going to the trouble of attaining and running wires before assembling the hatch. Instead, for those who want the holes drilled, have them, and make them big enough to fit the smallest end of the wiring harness through. Before fusing the top and bottom panels together, run some string through the desired path of the harness (tape in place if needed) and leave enough string out of either end that you can tie it to the harness, and pull it through after. This is of course assuming the channeling inside the hatch is wide enough to allow passage of the harness. Sound fair? Just an idea, I don't even know if the design will allow for this.

Count me in as confirmed.
Cody
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Sorry Mike, I didn't mean to be argumentative, just to the point. Do any wires run through the channel in between the two pieces of sheet metal that makes up the hatch or are they just between the trim and hatch?

I wouldnt see why the wires if any could not be fed through two holes drilled top by hinge or wherver the wiring gromet is, and the bottom to where the third brake light is.

The hatch is made up of two pieces, then fused together. As long as the process does not block the channel, we could feed enough wiring through. I can make sure that this is possible and/or adjust to ensure its functionality. Done!
No no, I'm just saying. I don't know if anyone else requires a harness, I know I would like one, it's just something that came to mind which would literally eliminate the need for the interior trim. Putting in the harness could actually mean some people may actually not put in the trim back. I'll go to the Mx-3 and check the harness for the 3rd brake + wiper soon.

We don't need to actually use the hatch harness, depends on what will be needed/done, it would probably be best to get and run some standard wire rather than the stock harness, especially with what I see to be some plastic pieces on it. Could even run that 4-wire trailer harness stuff. It's pretty cheap, more likely thicker guage wire too, and durable stuff. Would be easier than if people had to send in their own harnesses. Just thinking out loud, but just trying to make it the easiest and most functional as possible.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

we are almost there guys!!! over 70% committed

First post updated.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I won't have any wires run through mine since I wont be using a washer nozzle, wiper blade ,or 3rd brake light! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I won't need wires, either.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

so this comes with no lexan glass or anything right? we install the glass?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Correct!
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I was thinking about getting 2 of these... I haven't fully decided just yet... too bad I don't live closer, then I could have been a donor car :?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Matt wrote:Throw me down for one, unconfirmed at this time but put me down none the less
This is the same Matt that we are waiting on confirmation of shipping parts to members....Id take a backup 11th and 12th person for the buy.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Cody
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I noticed colinsmx3 is the donor car for this project. Are we using his custom hatch as a mold or are we using a normal mx-3 hatch?
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ i hope is the OEM one :shock:
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

NO we are NOT using my custom hatch as the doner! I have 3 hatches at my house, 1 being a stock rustless stripped hatch, my custom shaved hatch, and a delsol version hatch. I am taking the glass out of the OEM hatch and using that one! BUT I am getting my custom hatch wrapped in CF so you will be able to see what the MX3 will look like with a CF hatch! :welder: :mrgreen: I will have pics of tomorrow once I get it back!!
ImageImageImage

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”