total weight of UR MX-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: total weight of UR MX-3

Post by fowljesse »

10 lbs./ HP is really good. That would be so much fun to drive, especially on a track! I assume you don't have a sunroof.. You could change out your side windows, too. Then you'd be under 2k!
Then, stop wearing clothes....
and eating.....
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

i had a sunroof.......not anymore lol....

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

wow thats is a big time diet 4 some of these cas, that is awesome. I removed my back interior and tar back and front egr did some minor cutting real lightweight rims and got mine 2 just under 2400lbs and I thought that was good :shrug: ... I have done a lil more since then but the snow keeps me from weighing in well that n my dying disty.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

wait till i re weight the mx-3 again..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:wait till i re weight the mx-3 again..

contest : P??

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
The General

Post by The General »

just got one question about that, the edmunds is that the 92-93 or 94+ because didnt the 94 and up have air bags and different interior, so that would result in more weight, I always wondered, plus Im sure the newer one just weighs more in general, I have never found a site that distinguishes between the 2
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

XxantwawnxX wrote:

NAh nah im not even going there

Im a 4cly remember just let me plexi my hatch side windows and windshield ( be for drag use only) which i know how to do, build ed a few race cars working at my old JOB.

cut out my door wells like u did ( never weight it with the sound insulation off) 2120 with that shyt still on. cut out my wheel well replace fuel tank with them after market 10 gal. fuel cell maybe smaller.

as for the dash i get rid of that and get rid of the dash frame too.. make my own custom alm. dash ang have the necessary gauges I need..

but i give u props u've gone a step further than most are willing to do..

beside i don't want to get into a war over a weight issue i think we are both crazy MX-3 fanatic's
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm going to make Lexan, or plexiglass windows. Is there anything I should know about it? I assume I can just bend it over the originals with a torch (I don't remember the temp. but can find it online), and cut it to size. I'm also guessing I can put it back in with the original rubber, after gluing in a trim piece so the thickness is right.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:
XxantwawnxX wrote:

NAh nah im not even going there

Im a 4cly remember just let me plexi my hatch side windows and windshield ( be for drag use only) which i know how to do, build ed a few race cars working at my old JOB.

cut out my door wells like u did ( never weight it with the sound insulation off) 2120 with that shyt still on. cut out my wheel well replace fuel tank with them after market 10 gal. fuel cell maybe smaller.

as for the dash i get rid of that and get rid of the dash frame too.. make my own custom alm. dash ang have the necessary gauges I need..

but i give u props u've gone a step further than most are willing to do..

beside i don't want to get into a war over a weight issue i think we are both crazy MX-3 fanatic's

haha yea : P

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

fowljesse wrote:I'm going to make Lexan, or plexiglass windows. Is there anything I should know about it? I assume I can just bend it over the originals with a torch (I don't remember the temp. but can find it online), and cut it to size. I'm also guessing I can put it back in with the original rubber, after gluing in a trim piece so the thickness is right.
The rear hatch in lexan is still available from mazdamotorsports. Im getting a price tomorrow!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

IIRC, they are like $400. I can do it for much less, but let me know!!
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

cjthor wrote:The rear hatch in lexan is still available from mazdamotorsports. Im getting a price tomorrow!
:shock: ...let me know too! :mrgreen:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

fowljesse wrote:IIRC, they are like $400. I can do it for much less, but let me know!!
400 bucks is what im thinking. I dont even want to try to curve and bend a piece of lexan of that size. Worth it to GIT R DONE!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Aaack.. reason.
My old nemisis.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

just gotta another 8 pounds off of her : P.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”