N/A High Reving big BHP setup?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mx3autozam wrote:^^^^
juan shut your mouth..what do you know about a High reving Big BHP setup.

don't quote me saying i am wrong. Everyone has there own opinions
As far as 1/4mile racing, Torque > High reving
How many Hondas

At the track, high reving > torque
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I know torque is pretty mcuh needed for drag racing,

but do you wanna tell me how a civic with a b18c which is 210hp and 139tq.How they can do high 13's meanwhile our mx3's do liek mid 14's with the same hp and alot more torque.

or k20's doing 12.9 and they got f--- all torque????
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mx3autozam wrote:I know torque is pretty mcuh needed for drag racing,

but do you wanna tell me how a civic with a b18c which is 210hp and 139tq.How they can do high 13's meanwhile our mx3's do liek mid 14's with the same hp and alot more torque.

or k20's doing 12.9 and they got f--- all torque????
Wow I didnt know Civics were that quick with a B18
Of course weight plays a factor in this aswell. The Civic hatchbacks are about 200-300lbs lighter then our cars arent they?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I can't find any that do. All I see is mid 14s for the B18C... Do you have a link or some info on the car?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Whisper wrote:

I can't find any that do. All I see is mid 14s for the B18C... Do you have a link or some info on the car?
Same thing I was thinking

Unless he is talking about Civic hatchbacks because I know those weigh at around 2200-2300lbs.

I think a better comparision would be a Integra B18 vs. MX3 KLZE
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I think the 80's CRXs weigh around 1700 - 1800 lbs. So that would be what, 700+ lbs difference between that and an MX-3.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok that got out of topic fast i wasnt sayin anything what u guys are thinkin of trhe OP was askin a question and then u guys say ZE is s--- and just get a V8 my opinion was V8 isnt always the answer and to build up the ZE bcuz u ppl said there is barly any potential when i argued against that and say all u needa know is the knowledge to know how to make power efficiently :roll: asses
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

and im also not hating on V8's... are cadillac is a V8 and its fun to drive with alot of torque and im not generalizing! it just pisses me right off that it seems the smaller import engines are getting no respect.. bigger = more potential yes and even though if u put the technology into the v8 as the imports do theyd hav a s--- load of power.. but there not domestic engineers are just to stupid and put together a very inefficient engine.. u dont need torque when u have revs but when it comes down to it u gotta have either the torque OR high revs for ur application.. im not hating on the v8 guys at all what i was saying is the v8 guys heads are all filled that u need big to have a good car/engine and think the imported 4 and 6 bangers are pos jap engineering they get no respect.. and ya i know theres alot of 'import' ppl who hate on v8's and give them no respect which is rong an engine is as an engine as an engine but the v8 just have no engineering unless u go formula 1 which is why I PERSONALLY prefer the imported high revving very efficient engines thats just me idc what you guys like but ill get my own opinion in when import bashing starts saying when there a pos and V8 is all mighty king

oh and there is a guy here named JIM that has a B18c civic hatch and does 13.7-9

he also had an mx6 ze with bolt ons full interior and weight and did 13.6

K20 civics CAN do high 12's lower 13's even wityh crappy torque all u need is high revbs and the horsepower to follow along with it u dont need torque at all torque makes for a fun car and will get u going in low rpms thats about it
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

This thread has gone far. Alot of the people here think that the ZE is the answer to everything. Even tho they have more torque than hondas's but hondas still take the klze. Its the facts that tell the truth.

Havinga big displacement v8 or a low displacement engine is personal prefrence and depends what you want the car to do. Fieromx3 has prtty muc summed it up 4 times now. I hope you guys undertsand. nd stop arguing. If you like v8's then go buy one. its your own prefrence ok.

Either way v8's are not very efficient. I like to look at an engine as 100hp per liter. Hondas achive that very well especially with the s2000.
fieromx3 wrote:K20 civics CAN do high 12's lower 13's even wityh crappy torque all u need is high revbs and the horsepower to follow along with it u dont need torque at all torque makes for a fun car and will get u going in low rpms thats about it
with that said having all that horsepower and not so much torque will also help egttin it off the line faster as in less wheel spin.i bet half these people do not understand how VTEC works. and Juan a CRX doe snot weight 1700-1800pounds. mopre like 2000-2100
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

S2000 has taken a hit in reviewes when it first came out, because it made no power until you redline it, which made it slow.

First gen CRXs did weigh 1700-1800 lbs.

http://kumo.swcp.com/synth/crx/specs.html

As far as JIM goes, looks like he's making equal or better times with ZE in a heavier car than with B18C in a lighter car, unless he's boosting or NOSing.

Oh, and fiero, you sound really angry, but I can't decipher your wall-of-text paragraphs. It would help if you used punctuation and capital letters plz. Thnx.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i am angry not at this thread though other stuff thats really pissin me off in life lol and srry i dint no how to speeel
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I would show this thread to Jim, but its pointless as he is now wantinga V8 but in a nice car Z06 baby...his civic is actually for sale.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Whisper wrote:S2000 has taken a hit in reviewes when it first came out, because it made no power until you redline it, which made it slow.
to make power in any high reving engine you need to reline it. and that includes the ZE. Thats the dumbest thing I have heard.

Whisper have you ever drivin an s2000 or even a car with a b18c. They are low on torque, but they still have some power in low rpm's to get them going. But the top end makes up for it.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

mx3autozam wrote: I would show this thread to Jim, but its pointless as he is now wantinga V8 but in a nice car Z06 baby...his civic is actually for sale.
So V8s are for rich lazy know-nothing snobs who deserve no respect, but when Jim wants some V8 muscle, it's cool? lol
Thats the dumbest thing I have heard.
What is? All I said was that you have to rev to redline in S2000 to make power, else it's not very fast, which you pretty much repeated. Do you agree or do you disagree?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

no need to argue any more guys points were made
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”