Pulled over for impersonatring a Police officer

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
inferno94

Re: Pulled over for impersonatring a Police officer

Post by inferno94 »

You really do have to know the law when questioning a cop but.... I was driving a b2200 without a rear bumper a couple years back and got pulled in Guelph, ON over for not having a proper bumper and the cop was telling me about how kids with aftermarket body kits get this all the time. T said I've seen many trucks without rear bumpers and was wondering as to the wording of the law regarding this.

He pulled out his little book of traffic law and surprise surprise only commercial vehicles over 4600kg (10000lb or so) actually need bumpers! Although to pass a safety I believe you do, anyways he left and I continued on to school.

The moral of the story? Know the law, follow the law and they will still try to screw you, but you can defend yourself!
lost_mx3

Re: Pulled over for impersonatring a Police officer

Post by lost_mx3 »

5speedMX, bad deal all of that happened with your car & your dad. Hope everything got worked out with it! I have been looking at those lights but didn't know how well they installed/fit. Your car looks good with them!
inferno94 wrote:You really do have to know the law when questioning a cop but.... I was driving a b2200 without a rear bumper a couple years back and got pulled in Guelph, ON over for not having a proper bumper and the cop was telling me about how kids with aftermarket body kits get this all the time. T said I've seen many trucks without rear bumpers and was wondering as to the wording of the law regarding this.
awsome that worked out ok. I have a b2200 with no rear bumper. It was trashed when i got the truck so I took it off. Then I found out that the bumper was a factory option, so I went to the dealership and got a pair of rubber fillers. Cheap enough (legal) fix until I'm ready to do body work with a rollpan.
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”