homemade air intakes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

94mx3precidia wrote:
wow, wasnt expecting it to be that cheap lol. it looks good, if it doesnt fit i could always just cut it into the size i need. If the whole kit is that cheap, the only thing im worried is that the cone filter is going to be just as cheap. for sure im going to get another filter, dont trust these ebay guys.
Yeh, a decent air filter would cost more than the whole CAI kit, which should give you an idea of how rubbish the filter that comes with the kit must be. Get a K&N and you'll be fine for a long time.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

looks wicked. does the VAF just fit right in? Do you just clamp it it witht he silicone adapters?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

[quote="Whisper"][quote="94mx3precidia"]

wow, wasnt expecting it to be that cheap lol. it looks good, if it doesnt fit i could always just cut it into the size i need. If the whole kit is that cheap, the only thing im worried is that the cone filter is going to be just as cheap. for sure im going to get another filter, dont trust these ebay guys.[/quote]

Yeh, a decent air filter would cost more than the whole CAI kit, which should give you an idea of how rubbish the filter that comes with the kit must be. Get a K&N and you'll be fine for a long time.[/quote]

are they all just one stock size fitting?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Depends on the size of the intake you're using. Probably a 2.5" cone filter is what you need.
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

The filter that came with the package seems decent too me.

Put the VAF at the end of the alu pipe and attach the filter directly to the VAF.
The silicon coupler between the alu pipe and the VAF need to be heaten up so you can bend it over, make sure to buy a bigger clip since the clips including is too small for this, but will fit at the throttle and between VAF and Filter.

Sry for my bad english etc ..
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

what do you mean bigger clip? the clamps that comes with the kit?(the things that tighten when you screwq them in dont know what there called)
lerutis

Post by lerutis »

Yea :P hehe whatever they are called, the clamps included is too small to fit between the alu pip and the VAF so you will need a bigger one there :)

Dno size :o atm
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ok sounds good. does the VAF just fit right in?
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i was just looking at this intake someone gave me http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-AC ... otohosting

now i need 3 of the silicone adapters and this kit comes with only 2. can i get these adapters somewhere else?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Do a search on ebay for "couplers" and "reducers" you can also get larger hose clamps at your local ricer shop to fit your VAF.. The size is 3.5" But you can make 4" ones work like I did if they are out of the 3.5" size.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

k thx, im starting a new job tommorow at a auto parts warehouse, i get everything crazy cheap so ill see if they have any in stock.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

bump, for curt :wink:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”