11.2 any good for stock sohc?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
zCat

Post by zCat »

I would say 11.3 is pretty good, considering I have run against cars that many would hail as faster than a SOHC MX3 and they got times in like the mid 11s.
By no means is that a fast car time, though...haha.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

zcat, whatd you run against? i can doo much better than 11.2 now, im thinking 10.8, 10.9 cuz i have much much better stickier tires on now.
g0t_slack

Post by g0t_slack »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:just to note mazdamx3sohc i got my hand on another 92 MX-3 body it was a V6 MX-3 that was converted into a 4 cly. but i put my old lil 1.6 sohc engine and trans in it. here the good part and it not worth the time for most guys but i have the parts and spare time to do it.. since i have a bad habit of trying shyt no one else will.

I'll be boosting the 1.6 sohc.

RM log style turbo manifold
57trim turbo
TEC II standalone,
RC 550cc injecters,
UPgraded fuel rail already in place
26 3/4" L x 6 1/4" H x 3 1/2" D FMIC
2in intercooler piping
tial wastegate/BOV
F-series trans with a miata 1.6 flywheel act XTREME pressure plate mx-3 disc
MSD 8.5 wires

I know the 57 trim turbo is to big for the sohc but what do i care i love power beside the current 57 trim on my BP setup will be upgraded to SC67 persion turbo, along with 1,000cc injecters, upgraded fuel rail, FPR and much bigger FMIC. so some of my stuff on the BP will go on my other sohc turbo project.

i'll see just how much power and how fast a LIL sohc MX-3 can really be.

On the BP i have a new tyme of 12.4@118@18psi looking 2 boost it to 25psi this weekend and hopefully get into the high 11's

I know im a crazy mazda MX-3 fanatic
Please make sure someone videos your 1.6 at the track.. or that sleeper of yours... any videos?
-=[93 RS SOHC/ 16' Enkei Wheels/ CAI/ - Daily Driver ]=-
-=[93 RS Project Car http://mimx3.com ]=-
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

i have a 0-90 of my almost stock 1.6 its pretty good i think for what it is especially.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

g0t_slack wrote:
Limegreen mx-3 wrote:just to note mazdamx3sohc i got my hand on another 92 MX-3 body it was a V6 MX-3 that was converted into a 4 cly. but i put my old lil 1.6 sohc engine and trans in it. here the good part and it not worth the time for most guys but i have the parts and spare time to do it.. since i have a bad habit of trying shyt no one else will.

57trim turbo
TEC II standalone,
RC 550cc injecters,
2in intercooler piping
tial wastegate/BOV
MSD 8.5 wires

I know the 57 trim turbo is to big for the sohc but what do i care i love power beside the current 57 trim on my BP setup will be upgraded to SC67 persion turbo, along with 1,000cc injecters, upgraded fuel rail, FPR and much bigger FMIC. so some of my stuff on the BP will go on my other sohc turbo project.

On the BP i have a new tyme of 12.4@118@18psi looking 2 boost it to 25psi this weekend and hopefully get into the high 11's

Please make sure someone videos your 1.6 at the track.. or that sleeper of yours... any videos?
please have you even look around this forum.. there pic of my setup and vidoes of me racing.. one on the net and the other i need to upload...

tell me one thing do you got_boost i don't think so.. but one day ya might.. ya get there if ya have the will like i did to have the fastest mx-3 in the states.. i think so far i am..

on this run i ran a 13.0@110 against a turbo 350Z.. back in 12-17-06
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
g0t_slack

Post by g0t_slack »

Limegreen mx-3, yes, I've been drooling over your car since I found this forum... just haven't stumbled across any videos yet :wink:

No, I don't have boost. I think it's safe to assume I have the slowest car in the states right now.. once I get my bp, hopefully that will change.

But I agree with you, phpbb search sucks... But I do try.
-=[93 RS SOHC/ 16' Enkei Wheels/ CAI/ - Daily Driver ]=-
-=[93 RS Project Car http://mimx3.com ]=-
steckino

Post by steckino »

57trim turbo
TEC II standalone,
RC 550cc injecters,
2in intercooler piping
tial wastegate/BOV
MSD 8.5 wires

Wow... deffinetly tell us all how that goes, sounds awesome.

I read the other comments and I do notice quite a bit of clutch slip in my car, that's because I need a performance clutch correct?
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
1995 Mazda MX3 B6D (parts car)
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

im confused where this topic went.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”