kl-ze straight neck engine install progress pix **2 new pix*

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

wow old thread revived :S
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

for the record i ran that setup for a while worked out bugs and NEVER had a problem got the engine running good to! so for all u disbeleivers screw you! haha didnt think itd work when i proved u rong :D

but if i ever did it again i wouldnt so it same way i have an updated way to do it which i just posted in the V6 forums in juans thread
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

mx3autozam wrote:
then post the link Mr wrong wrong wrong (as you tell fieromx3)
mx3autozam wrote:I also researched this and his info is about as helpful as what is already contained in this thread :roll:

n2ogsze wrote:Good thread. I'd like to add that the straight neck can be used in our cars, as I've done it. I just cut the front motor-mount, dropped it, re-welded it so it would tilt the engine slightly. I also had to modify the throttle body linkage.
How is my method anything at all like the original posters? It is possible you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

The original poster actually mentions NOT modifying the motor mount, whereas my post clearly mentions cutting the front motor mount and rewelding it to create a tilt in the engine's positioning. Also, my method suggests modifying the throttle body linkage--the OP did not mention such a step, instead he suggests using a much smaller, restrictive throttlebody and grinding into it, placing it direclty in front of a critical bolt that is key in the braking system.

To the OP: nobody said it wouldn't work, but we just said it was a terrible idea, which it was. You did not prove anybody 'rong'.
T61 powered KLZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i also have an updated way which i posted in diff thread which is best optin so far
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”