I'm thinking of leaving the MX3 game

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:I came to the same dillema but with other issues attached.

My son will be born in less than 2 months, and the mx-3 wasnt going to cut it. I love the mx-3 and always will. So I had a hard decision to make.
I decided to get a bigger car and combine the 2 mx-3s into one. I had one with a great body, another with a great motor. the RS needed a manual tranny and a motor, the GS.. needed body work, and lots of it. I did build it as a track car, but 200K miles on my RS, and it bit the bullet. I was forced to drive the GS every day. It was summer, there was no AC, and as the body looked like crap I was almost embarassed to drive it. It had nothing to do with the car per say, just it was in such bad condition on the outside and in. I never ment to drive it daily, but it was the only way I had to go. I spent tons of money trying to fix the RS, it looked good, drove great, and had awesome gas mileage. Slow as a snail, but if I wanted to go fast, had a car at home for that. Started having problems with the GS, randomly it would die on me, not good in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Thought I had it fixed several times, but it continued. After it died on me three times on my way to work, I was fed up. I put so much work trying to get a running GS (2 GS's,2 motors), that it seemed hopeless. I just became perm after 6 years of contacting @ my current job... I was getting a new car. Went to look, was planning on getting a 3, then maybe getting an RX-8 after a few years when the Mazdaspeed model came out. I ended up getting a Mazdaspeed 6 for 1K over what a Touring 3 would cost me.
Currently Im converting my RS to a GS using my Gs as parts. This is what I wanted to do for the longest time, but had to have a way to go. I plan on keeping the RS forever, maybe giving it to my son when hes old enough. I speculated on selling it a few times, but my wife encouraged me to keep it and that it has a lot of sentimental value to me. ( I love my wife :) ) I didnt want to sell it, but I figured, I have 2 cars, both giving me problems, and another I can drive daily. Plus we have another 6 my wife drives. I decided just to convert it to what i wanted to do from the beginning.
Motors pulled in the RS, and tonight the bay is going to be cleared out.
MAN I FEEL YA THAT MY BABY IS COMING IN MAY!!!! but we got a 4 door and when i save some money im gonna throw it down for a lexus is300 but i will NEVER EVER SELL MY VICTORIA...thats years, sweat, money and tears of work me...so i will be 40 years old and still visit this forum
me too

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey how much power are you throwing down with your Turboed KLZE?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

never dynoed it

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

How much you think you making? Tuboed ZE, that sounds awesome
I bet your taking on WRX STI
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

XxantwawnxX wrote:When i just had the ZE with no turbo i could beat a manual rx8 by a door. Now i was gutted...but the rx8 also had a full cat back system.
Last year, we we're cruising to Ottawa on the highwat and there was apparently a few guys that had left late, but contacted us while we we're on route. Most of us had FRS radios, including myself. They told that's we'd get off and wait at the next exit, but an Rx-8 driver, not only was he ahead, but had no radio. So as i'm getting up beside him to tell him that we're pulling off at the next exit. Instead, he thinks I wnted to race. Needless to say, I was able to get beside him to tell him to pull off at the next exit. Good times :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

dude listen to me LS-1 TURBO....just think about it
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

nah! klze-t ftw.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

My son will be born in less than 2 months, and the mx-3 wasnt going to cut it. I love the mx-3 and always will. So I had a hard decision to make. ....
First off congrats on the expected new arrival. Is this your first? My son will be 6 come the end of March. So far the MX has turned out to be a great car for us with respect to that.. he fits nicely into the back, it's the perfect size for a llittle kid

But I completely understand the need for a solid reliable car with a kid on the way. My K8 motor went when my wife was expecting, and the result was rather than mess with that, we picked up a protoge as a 'reliable family car' If the 6 had been out, it might have been one of those.. but the protoge was what we were able to afford and got a great deal on. Other than being a bit underpowered it's been a great car, and is now my wife's dailly driver.

Good luck with the frankenMX project you have going.. sounds like you'll have a nice little monster there when you get done, hopefully your other little monster will love it as much as you do
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Tempus wrote:

My son will be born in less than 2 months, and the mx-3 wasnt going to cut it. I love the mx-3 and always will. So I had a hard decision to make. ....
First off congrats on the expected new arrival. Is this your first? My son will be 6 come the end of March. So far the MX has turned out to be a great car for us with respect to that.. he fits nicely into the back, it's the perfect size for a llittle kid

But I completely understand the need for a solid reliable car with a kid on the way. My K8 motor went when my wife was expecting, and the result was rather than mess with that, we picked up a protoge as a 'reliable family car' If the 6 had been out, it might have been one of those.. but the protoge was what we were able to afford and got a great deal on. Other than being a bit underpowered it's been a great car, and is now my wife's dailly driver.

Good luck with the frankenMX project you have going.. sounds like you'll have a nice little monster there when you get done, hopefully your other little monster will love it as much as you do
Thanks. :) My wife and I both love cars, and am hoping he will be as well. His nursery is already done up in the car theme. :)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

very nice!! i like the idea of your early automotive influence :2thumbsup:
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

http://www.barrykclark.com/austin/babyroom/

Check those out :)

Looks a bit different now.. still have a little more to go :)
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Custommx3 wrote:http://www.barrykclark.com/austin/babyroom/

Check those out :)

Looks a bit different now.. still have a little more to go :)
hey man your way ahead of me i got 5 months to go still so i still got time...but hey man honestly these motors can be reliable .... actually every motor can very well be reliable depending on how you drive it ....i mean my k8 lasted since 92....never really gave it hell ...my 1 st ze lasted about 33 days...i gave that one serious hell i mean HELL....but your decision is your decision with that being said... good luck in a subaru forum...come back once in a while ...and if you ever want to fix up a REAL CAR get you a ze mx-3 or figure out how to get that LS-1 in there
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree. My RS.. had 200K on it when it kicked the bucket, as did my GS.
My RS I runthe hell out of it, but then decided to baby it later in its life. Lasted me 9 years... and it used to be a rental car for its 1st 14K miles in ALASKA!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”