Import Preferences

Off-Topic Discussions

Which of the following cars would you prefer to import.

Fairlady Z TT
18%
RX7 TT
61%
Mitsubishi GTO TT
No votes
Silvia 2.0T
4%
180SX 2.0T
4%
Celica GT-4/GT4 RC
14%

Total votes: 28

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

illapino wrote:8500 flat?
Asking price. The vender/importer said it is negotiable. :D
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Well good luck John ... are you getting all excited now! .. lol

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ooops, just found out it's a 1990 and not 1991. Everything was the same between those model years except perhaps the factory Bose sound system.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

We are selling are 91 300zx the wife wants to upgrade again to a twin turbo supra... :freak:
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

One car I wish we had in the states is the FTO

like a mini supra meets a 3000GT, :)

very cool looking ride.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Not feeling the VG30dett. I think that is a ugly motor that is high maintenence. I really love the style of a FD, so I may import that, but the motor is another story on those. Wait a few years and we can get the r33 :)
Boris

Post by Boris »

reminds me too much of a tiburon for some reason haha
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Thats not a bad looking car.. except that its red with white rims.. but I like the body lines. Not so sure about that spoiler though. Is that a RWD or FWD car and who makes it? Yeah I dont keep up on the imports that much. Ok.. I did a google search and its a bloody mitsushitsi.. It should be nuked along with all other mitsushitsi cars. Please disregard what I stated above about it looking ok.. My judgment was impaired by my lack of knowledge about the car ;) :lol:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_FTO

FWD .

4cl and a v6, sounds like an MX-3 wanna be :)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I just got 2 pics today from the importer. I'm seeing some good rubs on there and i'm not sure it there's a dent in the bottom of the left hand side rocker panel towards the rear wheel. The antenna doesn't appear to retract all of the way either.

I'm not too impressed with the big bazooka sticking out the a-- end either. What's with the fascination with those anyway? Would have preferred something close to the stock exhaust with the dual twin tips. I don't believe those are stock type wheels either.
Sooooooo, does it appear to resemble an asking price of $8,500cdn???
Comments???
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

To me ... that is a dent on the rocker panel also did you notice a dent by the tail lights on driver side.

Why didn't he send you a pick of the other side?

DEB
Boris

Post by Boris »

looks like it's in ok shape. $8500 looks about right... has he performed any compression tests? Are the turbos in good condition, and has anything been replaced recently? Any kind of warrantees, or inspections done on the car? kind of high km, but still not too bad.

Looks like a pretty decent car, the only thing I don't like is the color. The rims are ok, but I love a nice set of 5 spokes on the 300's. If you do decide to paint it a different color, you should consider yellow. There's a yellow 300zx around my place, and it's honestly one of the most beautiful vehicles I have seen. I am in love with it.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Right off the bat, I'm quite surprised the vender did not include a lot more pictures. Pics of the right side, interior and the engine bay were omitted and perhaps I'm thinking on the suspicious side, but perhaps that was intentional. Which seems a bit strange since there's a local friend of mine who saw this car personally and said the interior was in great shape. So I have mixed feelings about that. I also looked harder at the rear lights near the rear spoiler and noticed what appears to be slight overspray or just poor masking practices when this car was obviously repainted. No mention by the vender that it was repainted. Aside from the numerous scratches, rubs and dents and with the selection of the single can exhaust (indicative of a much younger previous owner perhaps), I can't help but wonder if this car was involved in an accident before and may have other more serious issues that can't be readily seen. This coupled with the omission of other pics makes me a bit apprehensive overall.
This car will be on my list of cars to see since I will be taking in no less than 6 or 7 importer car lots that are getting full of cars by now. I'll be taking a friend that works in a body shop and can readily spot unique body imperfections and will add an extra critical eye when we view the selections. He's very familiar with a number of lots there already which is an added plus. This time tomorrow, I should be in car heaven poking through the various RHD offerings available.

I've requested additional pics to be sent this morning but don't know if they'll be forthcoming. The car was run through a Quebec inspection 2 days ago and I'll look to see that. No mention from the vender about guarantees. Very few importers if any, offer any substantial warranty aside from the usual 30 day one that's incorporated in a safety inspection. I would never consider doing a colour change to a car unless the engine and some interior parts were pulled so that there would be no obvious indication of the previous colour. I'll bring my compression tester with me so that I can do that personally if there's a suitable candidate.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

She's mine now....... :froggie_red:

1990 Fairlady 300ZX Twin Turbo 2+2 5sp

149,000 kms by previous owner - Japanese nurse who's son probably installed that silly a-- bazooka in the rear.
Took it to St Leonard Nissan prior to purchase to get 2 bazillion point check.
Compression is great.
No rust anywhere.
Engine completely unmolested.
Front Leather seats cracked (dried out) and need new skins, rear's are perfect.
Needs air filter and new rear tires.
120,000km check done at 110,000 km including all belts.
Scuffs and blemishes from shipping including small crease at left rear rocker panel.
Mechanic kept asking where I got it from. He said he's never seen the undercarriage of a Z look so good. He was very impressed with the car overall and was impressed with the price as well.
Came with a turbo timer also.
Safety inspection and e-test tomorrow.
Authentic J-Spec headlights with low beam projectors behind a glass cover. Increadible lighting all around for a 1990.
It's one hell of a long car compared to the MX.

Right hand driving is pretty neat .... gotta keep from drifting to the left though ....LOL.
The turn signal is on the opposite side which I can't seem to get used to.
Shifting with the left hand has been no obstacle at all.
Truly a unique experience so far.
More pics when she gets cleaned up a bit.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Congratulations John .............. nice Christmas gift.

If you do change your mind and want to sell your MX instead of the Protege .. let me know OK! :wink:

DEB 8)

Return to “Off-Topic”