Changing Spark Plugs and Now it sends Indian signals

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

My best guess is the sudden jump, forced the cam against the valves to quickly and crushed the guides and/or seals causing the oil leak.
Trust me.. I have been through the DOHC engine.. rebuilt the head and replaced all the valve guides and even the exaust valves.. what you stated above is physically impossible. But I think I will call it quits now.. ;) No offense.. but I think I finally understand that old saying of "You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink" LOL Best of luck.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
ascensions

Post by ascensions »

Oh I believe you Tunes. At this point it doesn't really matter unless someone is a miracle worker. If it's the rings, then that was the oddest spark-plug change I've ever made. Either way, I think I better start looking for an engine.

I really do appreciate the advice. I'm going to go drink now before I start looking for engines. Maybe I'll feel better after a few glasses of wine.

Thanks again.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”