MX-3 scale model

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Damn you dont know how long I've been looking for one of these. I just wish they came in 1:18 scale so it would match with all my other model cars. I've been wanting one of these since I got my first MX-3 back in 2000.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Neil

Post by Neil »

My grey and red one came today but my red one is damaged :shock: I hope my black one doesnt show up the same way.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I just ordered my gunmetal MX3. Whoever else wants one better get it quick theres only 1 grey left and one blue one with a $50 starting bid and no Buy It Now.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

OMG i wanted the blue one!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Neil wrote:My grey and red one came today but my red one is damaged :shock: I hope my black one doesnt show up the same way.
What was the damage? Are they going to replace it?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
xerostatus

Post by xerostatus »

boy did i luck out or what, i got the last mx-3 they had on the US ebay seller, the gunmetal one too (i was lookin to score that or the blue)... awesomeness.
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil

Post by Neil »

cjthor wrote:
Neil wrote:My grey and red one came today but my red one is damaged :shock: I hope my black one doesnt show up the same way.
The display case was cracked in half, the mounting point that mounts to the botom of the car with a screw was cracked and snapped off. The windshied and side mirrors on the model were scratched and cracked from it rolling around in the display case because its mounting point was busted. The car had some really bad scratches all over it.

I emailed them and luckly the are sending me out a new one. I still havent recieved my black one thou
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Neil wrote:
cjthor wrote:
The display case was cracked in half, the mounting point that mounts to the botom of the car with a screw was cracked and snapped off. The windshied and side mirrors on the model were scratched and cracked from it rolling around in the display case because its mounting point was busted. The car had some really bad scratches all over it.

I emailed them and luckly the are sending me out a new one. I still havent recieved my black one thou
Ouch! Im still waiting on mine as well. Did you get one from the guy in Japan?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Neil

Post by Neil »

cjthor wrote:
Neil wrote:
cjthor wrote: What was the damage? Are they going to replace it?

Ouch! Im still waiting on mine as well. Did you get one from the guy in Japan?
I bought my Red/Gray one from a US seller but he said they ship from Hong Kong or wherever and the box they came shipped in had Hong Kong/Japan or whatever on it.

I bought my black from a German seller, i wouldnt have if i know the US seller a head of time. The german seller also said that it comes shipped from Hong Kong/Japan.

And i havent bought a blue one yet but i'm going to even if i have to pay a little more.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yay. i got mine!!! Its very small but i love it. Imma leave it inside its display box :) Mine didnt say so number of 100 of whatever.. so i guess they are going to be making more... KEEP BUYING! I got a black one tho.

I think the person gets them for around 10 dollars tho LOL still.. who cares its an MX3!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Neil

Post by Neil »

girllikethat

Post by girllikethat »

Hello, all! This seemed like the correct place to post this (I have it in the Appearances section of the forum as well). Please join me as I attempt to take a (1:43 scale) model of a red Autozam AZ-3 and transform it into a raspberry metallic MX-3 GS SE. Why am I doing this? Well, the truth is...I'm doing it for love. Automotive love and boyfriend love.

My boyfriend used to have a 1993 MX-3 SE (V6, Raspberry Metallic), but he totaled it on some ice. I've never seen a guy so devastated! This was a year ago. So now, I've gotten him a model of it, which will hopefully arrive and be finished in time for Easter (but realistically, probably not).

As you all know, this was no easy task, as the only ones I could find came out of Japan and the raspberry metallic color was only available in North America. So, I bought a red model and now plan to simply fill in the fog lights (because the North American models didn't have them), sand it, prime it (I want to do this right) and repaint it.

I've found the paint (using the color code 6V ::flush of pride:: at multiple places, but I will probably go through Mazda if possible just to make sure the color is exact.

I'm posting this to see if anyone has any advice on how to do this project right and/or if anyone would like to follow along on this journey. I will be posting progess reports and pictures here. Thanks for reading!
girllikethat

Post by girllikethat »

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific in terms of what kind of advice I'm looking for. Any and all advice would be heartily welcome, but I'd love any painting advice or tips, such as how to add authentic (preferably chrome painted plastic or even metal) emblems on the trunk or hood, how to imitate the rubber seal of the sun roof, etc. Please don't hesitate to post the information or to send me a message (even if you just want to mention that you think this is a neat/stupid idea). A special thank you to those who helped me find the model in the first place and thank you in advance to those of you with advice!!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think its a nice idea, I wish i woulc make my model look like mine. I made the mistake of putting a body kit in mine :( but i would love to have a replica. Im sure he will be thrilled! Visit your local hobby shops for advice. They got all the tools, paint and everything you can ever need for any project. Most places ive seen have tons of model cars and things to do to them.
-hec

girllikethat

Post by girllikethat »

Ok, thanks so much! I have a friend who owns a hobby shop, so I bet he could advise me. I'm really excited to work on this! I don't think I'll need a body kit per se, because his car never had one, save what was stock. :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”