Engine Oil keeps Vanishing!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
illapino

Post by illapino »

so update on my progress:

i replaced my front valve cover gasket yesterday. put on ultra grey gasket sealant with it, ran the car 3 hours after (a bit impatient, ney?). to this day everything is ok. no engine oil seeping from that area. the car did shudder when i first started it after the gasket installation, but the shaking vanished 5 seconds later and hasn't come back ... i attribute the shuddering to be a PRC solenoid symptom, as minor as it may be.

code 25 has now been investigated via me searching this forum for keyword "fuel pressure regulator control solenoid". good info came up. also peeked at the online manual and was able to locate this solenoid (which seems to have been made by mitsubishi!). Local mazda dealer can get a new one to me for $69. I'm skeptical of me following the "inspection" steps outlined on its one page in the manual (pg F2-120), so thought replacing it might as well be done, given the car is 14 years old ...

and yes, i'm aware that this PRC solenoid has little effect if removed, but i'd rather have it there and eliminate Code 25.
Last edited by illapino on October 30th, 2006, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
illapino

Post by illapino »

Engine Oil keeps Vanishing remains the topic name of this topic.
With the front valve cover gasket replaced (exceptionally well I might add, by my self!) my engine oil still continues its vanishing act. Slower I guess, with the new front gasket, but still vansihing nonetheless... i'ved decided to abandon replacing the rear valve cover gasket. while installing the front one, i wondered if oil is distributed in the cylinder head portion of the engine (the next "level" down) and if my replacement of the valve cover gasket was futile without going further down and doing the cylinder head gasket as well (although i think only fuel goes around down there, not oil, right?).. My next tactics?:

1) compression test to expose worn piston rings
2) inspect oil pan if leaking onto bottom splash shield
3) Yoda pointed out that blue smoke is a symptom that's "screened" from being noticed in the mx-3, so how could i expose the exhaust side of this problem? replace my catcon? my muffler?

i guess i'd be okay spending $5 a week on 1L Castrols again?

a klze is becoming a prophecy now, but i'm too busy to leave my city to find one at the jdm shop. then there's all the rebuilding of the engine involved which i don't have the time for in my hectic life ...
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
illapino

Post by illapino »

I ordered in a Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid from Mazda, and my engine light came on again a day after and is still doing it. I checked the codes with a paperclip and got CODE 24 "24 RHO2S inversion error"

two longer blinks, blank, then 4 short blinks = 24 right?

now what
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”