So what are the real 1/4mile times for a MX3 DE & ZE?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

the 15.6 is my own 1/4 mile time. the 15.1 at 92.6 is also my time the 15.1 was at cayuga while the 15.6 i did at sparta... i felt the 15.6 wasnt bad cuz ZE guys couldnt break 15's plus i JUST swapped to standard so pretty much going from my 17.5 down to a 15.6 felt a lil quick lol.
and yea i have been ''anti KL'' as they just felt SOOOO slow.. just some s--- about them pisses me off alot.. lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

No worries fiero, I think a 15.1 is pretty good for DE. Especially if it actually is burning oil.

Regarding the interior, I had/have full interior, all I took out was the spare tire.

Since the 14.3 I have added thermal manifold spacers, hockey puck engine mount, ss autochrome headers (modified) and 2.5 ss all the way back from the headers, high flow cat/resonator. Oh, and I added a/c for comfort (and to add weight at the front to reduce wheel hoppies). No new et's at this point for me though.

Antwanx - get some of the boosted ze vids posted already. Some outside the car, in car whatever, just shoot some more footage for us all. And take it to the track.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

I know u guys a V6 MX-3 nice times

well on my 92 BP MX-3 i manage to get a 15.6@87mph on BF Drag Radials on a full interior 2450lb with me it not bad for a stock interal BP with just the basic upgrades. I have times slips need to scan them and post them up.

soon when i get my parts in order i'll be find out how fast i can get a turbocharged 1.6 sohc with a tec II down the track and also putting in my BP in another MX-3 gutted and loose weight everything i can with just a TEC 2 setup all motor looking for 14.5-14.9 times but thats at least another 6 months from now. I work at RMazda and i can't wait to see what both cars can do. projects are $$$$ thank god i have no kids i hope not.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you guys are forgetting at what altitude this is at..

<- track at around 3500 - 4000 feet above sea level. HOT HOT 100 and up degree weather, nights 90s.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
92gsrtwinturbo

Post by 92gsrtwinturbo »

Hey guys,
Its been awhile, Just wanted to post
I was down in kansas last summer with some freinds for the sy/ty nationals, and got to run 1/4's a few times on the track down there.
The car had 180 on the odometer and burned about a 1qt ever tank,
I ran consistant 16's with a few 15.8's
stock 1.8 k8 motor, with well a cheep intake filter and side exit exaust.
that was it. o yeah the clutch sliped consitantly through 2nd and 3rd gear.
and my 60ft times were pretty bad.
The air temps were pretty high, about 95-100.

It was fun and hering that those KLDE/ZE's are only running 15-14's
well it kind of disapoints me :shock:
though its prolly the ALT.

(hope it dosen't sound like I am ragging on anyone, cause I am not) :D

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”