Meet and Movie - CANCELLED

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.

Which day should we see the Movie?

Poll ended at June 21st, 2006, 12:26 pm

Friday June 16 evening
33%
Saturday June 17 afternoon
67%
Wednesday June 21 evening
No votes

Total votes: 6

fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well i never said i was going i REALLY would of loved to but i do gotta limit myself here i will go to meets cuz gas isnt TO much money but spending it on other things while at the meet is something i cant exactly do especially when there is gunna be the annual meet thats gonna take a chunk of what i have... srry ian! i know how u feel trust me.. i dont blame ya for getting pissed off like that lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

y do we question the threads, ppl want a yes or no, not a speech on attendance....

another great idea cancelled
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kp2t wrote:y do we question the threads, ppl want a yes or no, not a speech on attendance....
another great idea cancelled
What's your point Krish. Why do we question threads??? Because a 200km trip to attend a meet isn't something some of us can do on a lark. It's quite easy for those within a stones throw like yourself to go mehhh. Others like Deb and I don't have that luxury. When it's somewhat vague or unclear as to the specifics like attendance in this case, I'LL QUESTION IT!!!! If that's a problem for others, than that's exactly what it is .... their problem, not mine. If someone is going to get their knickers in a knot when asked for clarification than perhaps they should ask themselves why. Valid queries were made and no clear resolution was provided. I'm sure Deb and I would attend more events if there was clear struture and clear information. I made the longer trek last weekend to London when no one from the Toronto, Hamilton or Niagara even bothered. Why??? - clear concise and confirm information was presented. There wasn't any vagueness and I ascertained the confirmation of a number of attendees. The info was published for some time yet very little interest was shown from the GTA area. I have no idea why no one from outside London except myself did not attend. It was a huge event and a great success and it's unfortunate that there are so many that will not make a drive even less than half the distance I ventured.
Krish, perhaps this is another case where people are going to have to get off their lazy asses and post their intentions as to attending or not. Lets face it, we all agree that there are those that just sit in the bushes and won't post all the while they already know that they are probably going to attend. And then when it's cancelled they can kick themselves in the butt for not stepping up and being counted.
Yes, Ian had a fantastic idea, and it's a shame that it fell through. Deb and I would have been there had there been better interest or confirmation of attendance. We didn't get that in a reasonable and timely fashion to make the extra preparations necessary for us to attend.
If it's preferred that this is too much of an effort for those wishing to initiate a meet than it's reasonable to assume that you'll only get those within 10 to 15 minutes away from the meet area. Others that are not so close will loose out. That sort of situation must be considered every time an event is planned. If I get my poker run off the ground this fall, rest assured that I will take into consideration those that must make an extra drive to attend. I can't be so selective and restrictive to not make an event available to all.
Maybe this movie fau paw will be a wake up call for those that are not always willing to post their intentions of attending. I wish people wouldn't take constructive feedback as personal attacks on them or their ideas. A little too sensative or defensive perhaps, I don't really know. It's definitely not my problem or issues to resolve in any case.
Let's put this one to rest and hopefully learn from the mistakes and move forward from here. Only a week away from MMM and less than 18 confirmations. What does that tell you???? I think I've made my point.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

u know john i too usually always gotta drive 1.5 hrs to a meet and its like mehhh to me and i got almost no cash.... even if u r a lil further thats not a long drive...
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

but i do agree with krish ppl should just give a yes or no answer and he has been to pretty much every meet along with me and ian
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fieromx3 wrote:but i do agree with krish ppl should just give a yes or no answer and he has been to pretty much every meet along with me and ian
Duncan, I agree too. Trying to get those to actually post that is another thing though.
fieromx3 wrote:u know john i too usually always gotta drive 1.5 hrs to a meet and its like mehhh to me and i got almost no cash.... even if u r a lil further thats not a long drive...
???? To put things into perspective, I've driven those roads 401 / 403 / 400 / 402 / 404 / 407 / 409 / Hwy 2 / Hwy 5 / Hwy 6 / Hwy 8 etc for more than 30 years. I've got a pretty good grasp of how far and and how long. From the toronto airport on 401 to the Hwy 8 cut-off for KW is no more than 30 maybe 40 minutes tops. I just drove it last saturday. Plot the miles and plug in 110kph to 120kph and you'll see how close I am. Plug in Belleville to Toronto Airport and subtract 20kms and you'll have my numbers. On a good day my house to Walkers line cut-off Burlington - 2.2 hrs +/-. To Toronto Airport 1.5 hrs at least. Since a good majority of meets are either at Woodbridge you and I would still have to get to the Airport before turning north up the 400. That said, I still have almost an hour's more of a drive. Now some of the meets have been happening in the Mississauga/Oakville area which is shorter for you and longer for me again. So if you have to drive 1.5 hrs to get to those places than I imagine you're not living in KW proper. At any rate, I don't think there's anyone who puts on as many miles as I do to attend meets, except for Deb of course.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i dont live in k-w i live like 25mins north of that...i just put kw area cuz most havent heard of the town i live in.. and yes from kw on the highway to mississaga area it is like 40mins its sometimes does take me 1.5hrs to get to some meets but usually like 1hr15mins.. either way imo 2hrs isnt all that long of a drive. if ur complaining so much bout the meets here then why dont u post one where U r???
but really i dont know what the big deal is arent u part of a car club becuz u have a love for cars and love to DRIVE?? if so whats the big deal about driving a lil bit to a meet? i myself would go 2.5hrs just for the drive!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

jschrauwen wrote:What's your point Krish. Why do we question threads??? Because a 200km trip to attend a meet isn't something some of us can do on a lark. It's quite easy for those within a stones throw like yourself to go mehhh. Others like Deb and I don't have that luxury. When it's somewhat vague or unclear as to the specifics like attendance in this case, I'LL QUESTION IT!!!! If that's a problem for others, than that's exactly what it is .... their problem, not mine. If someone is going to get their knickers in a knot when asked for clarification than perhaps they should ask themselves why. Valid queries were made and no clear resolution was provided.
No, you guys don't have that luxury, we do understand that, but we're all adults (supposibly) here. If someone can't come out, it's not for anyone to question or argue, especially not Krish, his attendance and participation to meets and events is almost flawless. Questioning it will not change anything except make those who can't make it feel like their being persecuted. That's not really what we want to portray, which could be why people don't like to post if their unsure of their attendance. As for a resolution, what kind of resolution would you expect for a meet with 2 attendees? Deimos did what he could do, and could do nothing more. The reason this fell through is not his fault, but the "fault" of those that did not or could not participate, but especially, the fault of those of who do not post their interest.
jschrauwen wrote:I made the longer trek last weekend to London when no one from the Toronto, Hamilton or Niagara even bothered. Why??? - clear concise and confirm information was presented. There wasn't any vagueness and I ascertained the confirmation of a number of attendees. The info was published for some time yet very little interest was shown from the GTA area. I have no idea why no one from outside London except myself did not attend. It was a huge event and a great success and it's unfortunate that there are so many that will not make a drive even less than half the distance I ventured.
That's very, very sad to hear. I'm glad you went and it was worth your while, and I wish I could of been there as well, but you'd think for such an event of that size. I don't know what to say.
jschrauwen wrote:
Krish, perhaps this is another case where people are going to have to get off their lazy asses and post their intentions as to attending or not. Lets face it, we all agree that there are those that just sit in the bushes and won't post all the while they already know that they are probably going to attend. And then when it's cancelled they can kick themselves in the butt for not stepping up and being counted.
I only think that's part of the problem, some of the problem is part people do work weekends, I'm all too familar with that, but I still did what I could, posted my intentions, and made it out if it was possible. There's of course financial situation, gas isn't cheap nowadays. But I think the problem is mainly thses; people are just lazy, don't want to do anything but sit in their asses, or just not interested in what we plan, but that I don't understand since we plan a fair variety of different events, and it still doesn't change much in terms of interest and attendance
jschrauwen wrote:Now some of the meets have been happening in the Mississauga/Oakville area which is shorter for you and longer for me again.
The reason we organized the meets in that area was because the majority of those who participated lived around that area, and sadly enough, people from that area and the outskits did not want to drive "all the way" to woodbridge. Personally, for yourself, I was under the impression that you made trips to Burlington, so it was on your way anyhow, but apparently I may be wrong.
jschrauwen wrote:At any rate, I don't think there's anyone who puts on as many miles as I do to attend meets, except for Deb of course.
In terms of the event itself, yes, but in a course of a season, I would contest that. I've been everywhere the meets have taken me. Toronto, Niagara, Kitchener, Trenton, Cayuga, Wasaga, Ottawa, etc. That doesn't even account for the traveling I've done for the TSS meet, and it never mattered if I lived in Mississauga or Port Colborne. Although you travel more per meet, I'm sure I've put much more miles than you in a year because of my, until now, regular attendance of almost all and any meets. As well, the regular attendances of Krish, Ian and Duncan (even in the Talon) have done more milleage as well. Not to say we don't welcome or appreciate you showing up, but it's difficult to plan a meet for your (and Deb's) presence, when the meet's attendance affects your presence.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Mike I'm unclear as to why there is such a need to pick apart my posts. Is there a need to stand up and defend someone. You'll find no direct derogative statements made to anyone. Any referrence to Krish was based upon my and Debs feedback to Krish's post about his coolant leak and we believed that was his show stopper. It wasn't til later when he posted about his Grandmothers B-Day party that made perfect sense. I'm sure no one would dare contest any family related motives. It appears if I post black, you'll post white, if I post high, you'll post low, see where I'm coming from. I'm not sure what the motivation is to all of this.
Perhaps a re-read will be in order. No where did I say anything about the failure of the movie meet as Ians fault. In fact if you took the time to look harder for the positive in the post rather the the negative you'll find that I said on more than one occasion that his movie meet was a great idea and to not give up his dedication.
Persecution???? please!!! you've got to be joking right? I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of power. I can't make anyone feel anything they don't want to feel. Persecuted??? Portaying persecution?? People fearfull of posting because of possible persecution?? Now i know you must be joking. For pete's sake. Like you said yourself, we're all adults hear. Like a few friends have mentioned to me in the past "Suck it up buttercup", .... sheesh.
The question was not a critical question made to Krish. And as I said before it had to deal with the coolant issue.
Questions regarding specifics about a meet should always be tendered. It removes doubt and missinterpretation.
Feel free to pick this apart too. Exactly what will be accomplished, I have no idea.
Perhaps those that you say that may feel persecuted could post their feelings on this. I don't see Krish or Ian getting bent out of shape on this. I think they both know me well enough to know that there would never ever be any maliscious or hurtfull intentions directed towards them. And if they do feel that way than let them speak up and I'll make the appropriate reparations. Let's let the parties concerned deal with this, OK
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Uday never did get back to firm anything up.
I was locked in and confirmed my attendence when I met up with everyone on Weds which is also the same time Melissa informed us the Friday plans were cancelled...so I was in from the start, I only found out the plans were cancelled when I called Ian up around 2:30...most disappointed.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Selecta wrote:
Uday never did get back to firm anything up.
I was locked in and confirmed my attendence when I met up with everyone on Weds which is also the same time Melissa informed us the Friday plans were cancelled...so I was in from the start, I only found out the plans were cancelled when I called Ian up around 2:30...most disappointed.

This was the last impression that was left. This immediately followed when informed of car show/watch movie combo night by Melissa.
Selecta wrote:Oh ya....I prob would make it out there...what time does the car show start off?
How does one interpret that?
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

ok guys, this thread is going to far... John we need to let it go.... It was a good idea, and It just didnt get the interest we wanted....

I know its a pita to call every person to see if they are coming, but thats what needs to be done with mx-3.com ppl....

I was not gonna come to this meet, but felt nice that Ian called and made a great attempt to make me come out, I was gonna come, I got the car fixed and worked something out so I could go to a 4pm show and be back in time for birthday celebrations....

I honestly think if its only the 4 of us at the meet it still would have been grand.... We dont need to beg our ppl to come out....

If Ian, Deb, John, and I were the only attendees it still would have been a good meet, easier to convers....

Sorry to say, but we wont get more then that on a weekend.

Mike, and Duncan would be there on a heartbeat also if they didnt have a situation limiting them to coming, Mike not even in the country, Duncan has to carefully pick the meets...

So in my eyes 5 is an ideal # for a meet and I cant complain to that!

----

As John said earlier, we arent trying to single any one out or attack.... I can see he is just trying to make his drive worthwhile...

We all have personal preferences, yah it is a piss off too see 3 cars at a meet, but at the same time I enjoy just the trek to the meets itself...

If its just Ian, Duncan and I cruising to the meeting spot, I enjoy that itself... I find

---

Its happened to me many times, I went to the woodbridge meet spot a bunch of times, and it was only me.... It did not discourage me, I just call Ian and Melissa and whoever else is in the area and say WTF and then they come! :)

---

Lets see where all this ranting and raving puts us
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Well ... I'm just tired of reading all of this ... geesh.

Today is a new day .... Our big meet is coming ... let's focus on that shall we.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Very well put Krish!! Nicely said. :2thumbsup:
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

what we want and what really happens is too differnt things....

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”