Switching to synthetic oil

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wytbishop

Re: Switching to synthetic oil

Post by wytbishop »

Two things...

1) Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!

and 2) Punctuation. Please try using some.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Holy crap,

this thread is old man.. Better peep this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjO ... re=related
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I like when people (me included) resuurect old threads instead of starting new ones, because someone searching would get all the info at once. This one reminded me to look into Motul, after forgetting for a couple years :oops:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I agree with fowljesse... maybe the kid didn't use punctuation and also resurrected but we keep telling the n00bs to search and then when they search we just yell "resurrection".... sigh :roll:
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Might as well bump a little more....

I've seen lots of Motul around at one of my local stores. I read on this thread something about group 5 esters being best. So which motul oil uses that? The most expensive one lol?

Redline also use esters in their oil and are sort of a semi secret oil company. Not many people know about them but they're mean to be great.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

fowljesse wrote:I like when people (me included) resuurect old threads instead of starting new ones, because someone searching would get all the info at once. This one reminded me to look into Motul, after forgetting for a couple years :oops:
Mooneggs wrote:I agree with fowljesse... maybe the kid didn't use punctuation and also resurrected but we keep telling the n00bs to search and then when they search we just yell "resurrection".... sigh :roll:

I just hacked on the guy a little...because he resurrected the thread, but didn't actually ask a question. He just seemed to want to talk for a minute about how gunky his engine is, but that he still uses synth anyway. If he had come up with a question I would not have jabbed him for the resurrection.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:D
Makes sense.
Does anyone know where to get Motul in the U.S.? West coast? Portland :wink: ?
Does anyone have specific knowledge about it?
I have used Redline for about everything other than motor oil. (Grease, Tranny fluid, brake fluid, etc..) I especially appreciated "Water Wetter" in the summer, in the desert. It's an additive for your coolant that reduces surface tension (I think). Whatever it does, it causes your cooling system to run 40 degrees cooler. On Hot Rods, I'd run just distilled water, and "Watter weter" in the summer.
I always use distilled water in the cooling system, so there less corrosion. Something to do with unlike metals acting as diode, and electrode.. An electrical engineer can explain this better.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”