2006 9th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I say lets a couple of us sit down and work out some ideas and see which one works the best...and then take it from there.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I know it's a really way-off-base idea, but what about holding it somewhere in Niagara? Or like Grimsby-ish? I mention it only because once it starts to get a little bit into the evening, we could all go to the drive in and watch a movie or something. It's cheap, occupies at least an hour and a half of our day.. I'd love to see 30+ MX's lined up at the gates... the look of bewilderment on the faces of the other patrons would be worth it :P.. of course, most of us would never get out of there with our bumpers intact. :( So maybe not. I dunno.. it's just an idea.
That's why we're planning this NOW instead of June 30th :P
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i agree with the idea of not moving the initial location, seeing as it's been tradition for the last 8 years, and it is a good spot...
however we do need to think of a lunch thing (instead of ppl disappearing/reappearing at random) and maybe something else for later in the afternoon.
there normally is enough ppl and cars that even for those of us who stay till the very end, we still don't see every car in detail or talk to every person....so i don't really wanna see the "meet" cut down by too much... but having something to keep ppl interested in sticking around a bit longer would b good.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Well.....we may want to have some sort of award...kinda like Meet of the Mazdas or something? Would bring a twist to the whole thing. In addition we should scope out a cruise location...a place we all can drive out to once the bbq and stuff are completed...and then just take it from there....that way if someone gets lost in citty traffic they know where everyone is meeting up for the cruise.

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

A more rural location would not have any of these issues to contend with. You'd already be close to the countryside to be able to actually have a REAL cruise and have some fun rather than running from stop light to stop light.
I completely agree, but the problem is there is nothing in the GTA and surroundings, there is nothing really rural. in the area unless you go north to the Milton area, east we would need to hit somewhere in the Burlington/Hamiton area and west would require us to head past Markham. Not an easy decision.
The marina is a pretty place but just not conducive to easy access. It will still be the Annual Mississauga Meet .... just not at the marina. What is so darn special about that marina that makes it a better choice over a more rural location?
Although planing events and stuff to do throughout the day is great, I am against not having any portion of it at the marina. It's not like this is only the first or second year, this is the 9th year in which the meet has always been at this location. As well, because of this annual tradition, it makes it easier for non-regular Mx-3 members to attend. One thing I would like to definitely point out its it's centralization. It's kind of in the middle of the GTA, the the only exception of people that require a considerable drive is the Niagara crew, but they convoy, which is cool and fun :) But the problem with moving the location elsewhere is the exact same problem as we have for the meets, driving time. It seems that most people don't want to drive any more than 30min to get to a meet. I don't know if Mississauga will be any different because of it's annual occurance and large attendance, but moving the meet to suite a cruise location will "inconvinience" them, possible negatively affect attendance.
I know I heard numerous comments on the side from attendees that weren't very impressed with the organization or management of that meet.
Hopefully these people will jump in and throw us some ideas and suggestions if they didn't like how things were done.
I know it's a really way-off-base idea, but what about holding it somewhere in Niagara? Or like Grimsby-ish? I mention it only because once it starts to get a little bit into the evening, we could all go to the drive in and watch a movie or something. It's cheap, occupies at least an hour and a half of our day.. I'd love to see 30+ MX's lined up at the gates... the look of bewilderment on the faces of the other patrons would be worth it .. of course, most of us would never get out of there with our bumpers intact. So maybe not. I dunno.. it's just an idea.
That's why we're planning this NOW instead of June 30th
I was thinking having it there as well, especially for the cruise, clubs like the Miata's, Rx-7 and VitalMotion go there for cruises because of the escarpment make for some nice roads and scenery.

With these ideas, this is that I just thought up:
- Meet at the marina, from day 12-4. Have a BBQ, stuff to eat, check out the cars, regular meets
- 4:00, head out for a cruise, go down the QEW and meet somewhere in Grimsby/Stoney Creek. If we can do this right, organise a cruise that will last somewhere around 4 hours (somewhere in the same timeframe as Ottawa) in the escarpment area and head towards Welland.
- Get there for nightfall and head over to the drive in. Get some lawn chairs, some beers and hang out for the evening. Sure we'll be quite a ways from the GTA, but the cruise back will fly-by like nothing if your in a convoy.
I say lets a couple of us sit down and work out some ideas and see which one works the best...and then take it from there.
I think a meet is in order.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I likez your plan my brofa....so why not set a time and we all meet up on MSN...have a massive conf chat and get the stuff out.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

WHy not we just do it in person, get at like a plce to eat or something and discuss it over diner? The question is; who all wants to get involved in this?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

That is possible as well.....figured it would be a lot easier to do it over MSN. But if ya wanna meet up ... iz be down after saturday.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Selecta wrote:That is possible as well.....figured it would be a lot easier to do it over MSN. But if ya wanna meet up ... iz be down after saturday.
It would be easier, plus, we could use a meet, it's been a while :)
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Well see how many people would be joining us.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This saturday? It doesn't have to be so soon, but I'd be up for it?
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I would be free after this Saturday...so anytime next week...or the following weekend or something.

Though we have a pretty good idea what we want to do it's just a matter of finializing it.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

WE don't need to finalise it this early, I'm sure things will change, but it couldn't hurt to talk about it and discuss. Next Sat, sure, place, no idea
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

We could meet at Dave'n'Busters next Saturday. Shoot some ideas around..have some fun.

mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

That would be Jan.21st? That sounds good .. as long as the weather behaves .. as I have said I would like to help out but I will be quite busy till the end of May ... but if we get together I may have some ideas ... and it would be great to see everyone also.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”