Sunday Cruise <EDITED>

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Has anyone given thought to a daytime activity on a Sunday that might include say a drive through the back 40. Not a car rally per say, but something that would involve driving through a lot of nice curvy, twisty paved backroads through a bunch of small towns making stops here and there. Perhaps grab a snack or drink along the way. I would imagine it would have to cover about 100kms or so to make it interesting. What really surprises me is that no one this past year has organized a poker run or a scavenger hunt. If you've never done one before they can be real laugh. Those that are not directionally challenged and are GPS friendly (Mikey) could connect together a hole slew of points to cover and just a matter of connecting routes to get to those points. These are activities that can be most enjoyable with a spouse/partner/bf/gf as your navigator/coordinator. I think I'll try to create something in the new year that might be interesting. I think it would be best to conduct it in a fairly neutral location covering an area between Hamilton, Brantford, Guelph, Milton, Burlington.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i like ur idea john we should really consider that sounds like alot of fun
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

well my area has nice curvy roads, but Dave and Busters is in Vaughan
ImageImageImageImageImage
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well why don't we do john's idea on Sun then go to Dave and Busters for some food and fun?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i agree we should make it a full days event/meet whatever u wanna say. just go for a long drive and stop off at diff places and finally end up at D&B. that would be a great day!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

jschrauwen wrote:can be most enjoyable with a partner/bf as your navigator/coordinator

God I better move my butt and find one fast .......... :laugh: :laugh:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

So what's the Plan who is up for a cruise then dinner and arcade's at Dave and Busters on Sun? I'm definatly in it's Suppose to be a Beutiful Day let's get out and enjoy our car's one more time b4 winter.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well im in for sunday for the cruise. maybe me bro will come if he gets his POS dodge fixed.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Cruise sounds good to me, and I emphazise cruise, I just got a new clutch so I got the break in period :( but I am up for it.... nothing really in the busters area, but if we were to drive up into the barrie area, we could stop off in orilla for a little gambling or lunch and make a day out of it....

I think John was just sugguesting that for the new year idea....

I am game but I need help with the area... JOHN I NEED GUIDANCE FOR THIS ONE :)
Slade

Post by Slade »

Hey John, jsut shooting this out to you as a suggestion. Why not have the poker run down this way? Like down through Picton, Napanne, upto Lake on The Mountain and bloomfield area? Its mostly back road areas taht are all nicely paved and I know there is some good curves. Then at the end have everyone meet at Sandbanks? Just an idea, let me knwo if you want some help planning this out.
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Acespdz - so ur going to be at Dave and Busters Tonight??? Sweet - give me a call when u get there.....I'll be there prolly around 9 or 10....416-660-8891.....Catch me b4 I find the bar :twisted:

Krish - Can you do me a favour? My laptop isnt working, so after today, I wont be online all weekend - when you guys know for sure what you are doing on Sunday - give me a call. I may come out depending on the weather....Gotta enjoy her b4 next friday when she goes away for a long time....... :( Sad day thats going to be
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

kp2t

Post by kp2t »

so whats the verdict guys
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kp2t wrote:so whats the verdict guys
I believe a few already made their interests known wrt a Sunday cruise. All that's required is someone to break out their road maps, grab a pad a paper and pencil, take a drive tomorrow and survey a route to follow. Following that, set a meeting spot for the beginning and end of cruise. Be prepared to give hand-outs at the initial meeting spot. To spice it up, make a point of having people look for something unique in a number of places along the route and copy those things as part of the challenge. You can include riddles or clues or hints as a tool for your instructions. It's all up to your imagination. As long as someone's willing to put the effort and time forward to make this happen, these type of event's will never happen. It's up to you guy's now, let us know what you're willing to do.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Where IS Mike for this one... I don't know the routes.. GPS GPS GPS ! :)
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I won't be showing up on Sunday ........ nothing seems to be finalized yet .... and it's just 2 days or less away.

For something that John mentioned isn't planned in a couple of hrs or even a day ... that is if you want to do it right ... it takes time.

As mentioned before the people that travel a fair distance need more notice ...... we don't have a 1/2 hr or hour drive .. we have 2-3 hours to travel. My suggestion is that we should plan things abit better from now on.

Whatever happens on the weekend ... have fun, drive safe and tell us all about it. :D

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”